Family

i'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9 - Family

 

“Okay now, smile at the camera!” Nako instructed.

Sakura and Yujin leaned in closer to each other, their cheeks were touching. They both smiled cheerfully, with Sakura’s eye smiles and Yujin’s dimples combo, their visuals are second to none.

Nako looked at the screen to check the photo she just took. A forced smile crept up her face.

“I really don’t want to admit this, but you two are easily the best looking couple in the room right now,” she said.

Yujin grinned and wrapped one arm tighter around Sakura’s shoulder.

“We’re the most scandalous couple of the night, you just can’t resist us.”

Nako rolled her eyes. Sakura struggled to wriggle herself free from Yujin’s suffocating arm and pushed her slightly.

“That’s enough scandal for one night, or I’ll fail your Japanese mid-term paper,” she threatened.

Yujin shrugged, “At least the plan worked. My sister got so jealous of us and she told me that she lo-

She paused. Sakura and Nako stared at her, anticipating her to finish her sentence.

“Nah. I won’t spoil it.”

“What did she told you?” asked Sakura, eager.

Yujin shook her head, “Let her tell it to you herself.”

Nako smacked her arm.

“Ouch! Hey, what’s wrong with you baby groot?!”

“What did she say? Did she say she that she love Saku-chan? Will she break things off with Ms. Sana?” asked Nako continuously.

Yujin stick her tongue, “I’m gonna tell you.”

Nako tiptoed to get to Yujin’s eye level but the other girl tiptoed herself, making her even taller. Nako grabbed her collar and pulled her down.

“YUJIN YOU-

Suddenly someone came to them, and they both stopped clawing at each other. Minju was standing there, in her evening dress, looking as ethereal as ever. Yujin suddenly patted Nako’s head endearingly, as if that’s how she usually treats her friends.

Minju smiled and bowed at Sakura, and Sakura bowed her head slightly at her. Though she was smiling, Sakura could tell that she was trying hard to pretend that she was okay. She looked at Yujin.

“Yujin-ah, can I talk to you?”

**

 

Sakura sat alone at the bar, drowning herself in coke, until she can’t stop burping. She knew she should stop drinking the cola, she’s starting to feel the sugar rush and her eyes were wide open. Her scandalous underage date, Yujin was nowhere to be found ever since she left the bar with a distraught looking Minju earlier. She wished her student the best and hope she can finally get her first kiss.

Suddenly she saw someone walking towards her. A woman in a yellow dress, Kwon Eunbi. She looks stunning, as she always have been. She pulled the stool next to Sakura and sat there casually.

“Yena-ya,” she called the bartender.

“What is it, unnie boss? Would you like to drink?” Yena asked.

“Just water, please.”

Eunbi sat there and glanced at Sakura.

“Hello there,” she greeted.

“Eh? Yeah, hello.”

“Do you come here often?”

Sakura laughed, thinking that she was just like her younger sister.

“Of course I come here often. I work at this school.”

Eunbi smiled awkwardly.

“My name is Kwon Eunbi,” she said, extending her hand for a handshake.

Sakura nodded, playing along.

“I am Miyawaki Sakura,” she replied, and shook her hand.

Eunbi lingered her hand a little longer on Sakura’s hand even after they finished shaking hands.

“Yena, do you have a pen?” she asked.

“Here, it’s permanent ink marker though” Yena said, handing her boss a sharpie.

“That’s better.”

Eunbi pulled Sakura’s right hand and held it in her hand. She took the pen and begin scribbling on Sakura’s palm. The younger girl peeked into her palm and saw that she was writing numbers.

“This is my phone number. Don’t lose it,” she said with a sheepish smile.

Sakura looked at her palm and saw Eunbi’s phone numbers written so clearly. She chuckled.

“It’s impossible to lose this.”

Sakura glanced over at the table and saw Sana sitting alone.

“Unnie, is it okay if you’re here and leave your girlfriend alone?”

“I’m single now.”

“Eh? Seriously?”

Eunbi nodded. She turned her head towards Sakura. Her gaze soft.

“I don’t think I can be away from you anymore. You’re like a magnet pulling me in.”

Sakura raised an eyebrow, “What are you saying?”

Eunbi took a deep breath before looking into Sakura’s eyes.

“You told me that you fell in love with me that night. Well, I fell for you too,” she begins.

“I fell in love with you, Sakura.”

Sakura froze. It sounds surreal.

Eunbi continued, “You’ve been on my mind ever since, and I can’t move on from what we had that night. You saved my life, you taught me that I still have hope and that’s why I’m here now. I was heartbroken and suicidal and I had nowhere to go, but you came to me, offering me your love and warmth, and that... changed my life.”

“If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be able to live with Yujin like this, put her into a good school, and giving her a future. I’m forever indebted to you, Sakura.”

The older woman smiled, “Let’s start again, Sakura. Let’s go slow and get to know each other. Let’s see where we’ll go from there.”

Sakura smiled, “I’d like that.”

She looked at Sakura and their eyes met. There was a strong force of attraction between them, and Eunbi knew she can no longer fight it. She had no idea how, but suddenly their faces were only inches from each other. Their gaze still locked into each other’s eyes, communicating without words. Eunbi’s eyes darted down to the younger woman’s lips, and her urge to kiss her was so strong, she can no longer hold it back.

She leaned forward to close the gap between their lips, but suddenly Sakura put a hand in between them, stopping her from going further.

“We’re in school. It’s not appropriate,” she hushed.

Eunbi let out a frustrated grunt, “I forgot that we’re in school.”

Sakura cupped her cheek and rubbed it lovingly.

“Let’s get out of here.”

“Where?”

“Do you want to go with me?”

Eunbi held her hand, “I’m with you. I’m always with you.”

 

**

 

Yujin and Minju stood facing each other outside the hall. They were nearby the doors and could still hear the music from inside.

“What is it?” asked Yujin, nonchalantly.

Minju looked at Yujin, her eyes searching hers.

“You look really cool when you’re dancing. I was mesmerized,” Minju said.

Yujin bit her cheek, trying not to flash her stupid grin. She was too happy inside.

“Thank you,” Yujin replied short.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t go to the ball with you. I really am. I’ve been looking forward to this too, to dance with you. But I was too much of a coward to say no to my mother,” Minju added.

Yujin knew she shouldn’t blame it on Minju. She had no control of the situation too. Suddenly she felt bad for avoiding her the past week.

“But you look good with Ms. Sakura. I think everyone are voting you both as the best couple tonight,” Minju continued, trying to act like she’s happy for her too.

“Why Ms. Sakura though? Can I know why? I didn’t know you two are close like… that?” she asked, and this time Yujin could sense the jealousy in her tone. Yujin knew her mission was accomplished. She even thought of making a dating consultancy service for a living.

“Close like what?” she asked, testing her.

Minju’s face reddened, “Well, you… kissed her cheek.”

Yujin shrugged, “What’s wrong with me kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter