Broken

i'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 – Broken

Take me by the hand,

Take me somewhere new,

I don't know who you are,

But I,

I'm with you.

 

 

Kwon Eunbi couldn’t believe her eyes.

She didn’t fly all the way to Tokyo to see this. She was supposed to be there to surprise her fiancé on his birthday. But she was the one who was in for a surprise instead.

“E-Eunbi-ah, I didn’t know you were coming…” he said, stuttering.

Eunbi froze, she never thought that she’ll ever witness this before her eyes. It was something that she thought she could only see in dramas, and would never happen to her. Her fiancé, who was also her boyfriend of 5 years were cuddling in bed with another woman, both were . Her hands were trembling from the shock, and the cake that she bought for him dropped to the floor.

“O-Oppa, how could you…” she muttered.

Tears were filling her eyes, b just waiting to fell down. The other woman was staring at her, with a smirk plastered on her face. She knows her, as her fiancé’s co-worker who was always so friendly with her. But tonight, she was mocking her, belittling her with her gaze.

Eunbi hates it that she had to admit that she’s prettier than herself.

She couldn’t wait for another second being in the same room as them. She gets the message; she understands it now. She gets it. She was being fooled all along. Tears were now running down her cheeks, though she tried so hard to held it back.

She didn’t want to seem weak, but she’s already crumbled inside.

Eunbi turned around and rushed to the door, ignoring the voice of her pathetic fiancé calling her name, wanting to explain. There was nothing to explain. Everything was clear as day.

She stormed out the door with tears streaming down her face and her heart was broken to pieces.

 

**

 

Eunbi walked the street aimlessly, without any clear direction or a destination. It was her first time in Japan. She hadn’t made any booking for accommodation, because she planned to stay at her fiancé’s place for the weekend. Now that the plan is out of the window, she’s so lost.

Broken.

She was so broken inside. She couldn’t think of anything, and all she could feel was pain. It was painful to walk; it was painful to cry or to simply breathe. It was too painful to even live. She wants to end it all. It’s too painful to even exist.

They were supposed to get married in a month. They already did all the preparations, they already sent all the invitations. Eunbi gritted her teeth as she remembered the happy look on her parent’s faces when she first introduced him to them. They immediately loved him, keeps saying that he’s a great guy, with a stable job, good looking and even came from a good family. He’s the model son-in-law. Her parents keep bragging about him to the whole town, and they were so happy to have him as family.

But he’s not what it seems.

He’s a liar. He was faking it all along. All the constant business trips to Japan were lies. It was just excuses for him to spend time with his secret lover, the one with glamourous body, with prettier face, and well she probably treats him better than Eunbi does. Eunbi knew it was stupid, but she can’t help but blame it all on herself.

Was it because she was too innocent?

Was it because she was too boring? Is that why he wants someone else?

She kept walking randomly through the bustling street filled with people.

She has nowhere to go.

She’s broken.

 

**

 

“Sakura, why won’t you listen to me?!” Rino asked, angry.

Miyawaki Sakura stared at her older sister, as her heart filled with so many discontent. She stood in front of her in the living room, with her eyes staring back at her only sister. So many arguments had happened between them in the living room of the house. It’s the house where she lived with her sister and her husband, ever since their parents passed away. But tonight feels different.

“Why can’t I do what I want? It’s my life!” she replied.

Her sister was looking back into her eyes, with her eyes filled with frustration. Sakura was aware that she was breaking her sister’s heart with her words, but she still wanted to stand up for herself.

“You’re already into the 2nd year, why would you drop out now? Do you know how hard it is to enroll into the university? And you’re throwing it all away for what? To chase your dream as a singer?” her sister asked continuously.

Sakura rolled her eyes, “What’s the point of continuing my studies if I’m not passionate about it?! You only live once!”

“It’s because you only live once that you shouldn’t waste your life doing something you’ll regret!”

“I won’t regret this!”

The older sister let out a heavy sigh. She was at her limit.

“I-I didn’t pay for your tuition all through high school just so you could do this to me. Imagine how would mom and dad feels if they see you like this?” she said, her voice cracking.

Sakura didn’t want to hear it.

“Mom and dad are dead. Stop using them to-

Sakura never get to finish her sentence when suddenly a sharp painful pang landed on her left cheek. The impact was so powerful, she almost lost her balance and fell down. She couldn’t look up for a while, as the pain was throbbing on her skin.

“How could you…” she heard her sister muttered.

When she finally able to look up, she saw her sister’s face, filled with anger and disappointment. Tears were running down her cheeks, but she kept her gaze on her younger sister.

“I-If you hate being in this family so much then leave,” the older sister continued.

Her husband came rushing to her side, putting an arm around her shoulder.

“Rino, calm down, stop saying things like this…” he said.

Sakura looked at her sister, as her rebellious heart continued to pump with anger.

“Mommy… please don’t fight with Saku-chan…” a little voice said.

Sakura looked to her side and saw her niece, Nako. The young girl was staring at them, she seemed scared at the adults shouting at each other. Sakura loves her niece. In fact, Nako is the only one in the family who understands her.

Sakura shook her head, “Okay then, if you want me to leave so much-

She paused as she glanced one more time at her niece.

“I’ll leave.”

Her brother-in-law gasped, “Sakura, don’t do this!”

But she ignored him. She turned around and walked to the door with long strides. She can’t wait to get out of there.

“Saku-chan, don’t leave!” Nako exclaimed.

The young girl ran to her side and hugged her from behind, trying to convince her not to go. She was only 15 years old, but she already understands so much.

“I’m sorry Nako-tan, I have to go.”

Sakura leave the house that night.

Following her rebellious heart.

 

**

 

Kwon Eunbi continue walking aimlessly through the city. She had no idea how long she had been walking. She had already reached the outskirts of the city, leaving behind the big buildings and busy street. There were only a few shops opened, one of them was a 24-hours convenience store. The streets were almost empty.

She glanced at her watch on her left wrist and realized that it was already passed 1am. She had been walking for more than 3 hours straight, and she had no idea where she was.

There was a group of men gathering upfront. They were puffing smoke and drinking as they sat on their bikes.

Under normal circumstances, Eunbi would turn around and avoid the group. She knew she should feel cautious, but not tonight. She couldn’t feel anything else other than pain. The pain was too overwhelming. She didn’t even feel tired or hungry. She continued to walk in front of them, casually like a passerby.

“Hey, young lady, where are you going?” one of them asked in Japanese.

Eunbi heard it, but she ignored him. She didn’t even understand what he was saying.

“Hey, you’re so rude huh?” another one asked.

“Stop her, guys!”

They followed her and stopped her in her tracks. There were 5 men in total, and they were standing around her, entrapping her from escaping.

Eunbi had no choice but to stop walking. She looked around her, as the men were eyeing her from her head to her toe as if she was a delicious snack. She’s pretty sure that was what they were thinking of anyway. They were already stripping her off her clothes in their dirty minds.

“I don’t understand Japanese. Just let me go,” she said in Korean.

They men looked at each other and exchanged smiles.

“Ahh, a Korean. I love Korea,” one of them said.

He walked towards her, a smirk on his face, and his gaze was fixed on her chest.

“I’d like to try something Made in Korea. I wonder if you taste like Kimchi?” he asked.

Eunbi looked at him as he was standing just inches away from her. The guy reeks of smoke and alcohol. He’s dangerous, but she didn’t even feel afraid.

She thought, maybe this is her fate then. After being cheated on, and discared like a piece of trash, maybe she’s meant to be by these men and they will dispose her body somewhere. And no one will realize that she was missing.

She didn’t mind that ending.

She wanted to die anyways.

She closed her eyes, accepting her tragic end, and that’s when she heard a voice calling out to her.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter