Falling

i'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2 – Falling

 

Don't you know you stop the room,

And all that I can see is you,

I'm standing where the lightning strikes,

I know this doesn't happen twice,

You must be my once in a lifetime.

 

 

 

Miyawaki Sakura still couldn’t believe what had happened to her.

It had been a crazy night, one second she was rebelling towards her sister, the next second she played hero and saved a foreigner from a thug, and now the beautiful woman fell asleep in her arms.

She felt wrong for sleeping with Eunbi, honestly it felt like she was taking advantage of her. The woman was so lost, was so broken, and even having suicidal thoughts and all she did was offered her company. Because truthfully, Sakura was also running away from home and she didn’t have anywhere to go. But after a few cans of beers and heartfelt talk between them, the mood just sets in.

Sakura tightens her grip around the older woman’s shoulder, and leaned closer to plant a gentle kiss on her forehead. The affectionate gesture stirred Eunbi from her slumber, she moved closer and buried her face on Sakura’s chest, as if that’s where she had always belong to.

Something weird and unfamiliar crept up inside of Sakura. Her heart was beating faster than usual since last night. And no matter what she does, she just can’t take her eyes off the stunning woman in her arms. It’s not her style to sleep with someone she just met, but with Eunbi it happened too naturally. It’s also not her style to feel attached with someone this quickly. But with this woman, everything is different. She made Sakura broke every rules she had.

The more she watched her sleeping deeply in her embrace, the more she felt the need to protect her.

She wanted to guard her heart from ever breaking again. She wanted to be with her, always.

She wonders if this is what love feels like.

Was she already in love with the woman in her arms?

Is it even possible to fall in love with someone she just met?

She knew it is possible.

Because she had already fallen for her.

 

Eunbi stirred from her sleep, and she slowly opened her eyes. Sakura was watching her, with a blissful smile on her face.

“Good morning, beautiful,” she greeted.

The older woman looked at her and blinked a few times.

“So it wasn’t a dream?” she asked.

“I’m afraid not.”

“So I really did spend a night with a beautiful yet handsome girl?” she asked again.

“Handsome huh?”

Sakura let out a small chuckle and ran her fingers through Eunbi’s long dark locks. She put one hand on her cheek and leaned forward to press her lips on the dazed woman. Eunbi welcomed the gesture and kissed Sakura back, capturing her lips. The memories from last night flooded them both, intensifying the kiss even more.

“Does that feels real to you?” Sakura asked, after they parted.

Eunbi’s face was flustered, but she managed to nod, “It’s real.”

“S-So what now? I guess we should go our separate ways, right? I mean, we barely know each other-

She paused and looked at Sakura.

“I mean, if that’s what you want.”

She stuttered as she continued, “I-I’m sorry, I was never in a one-night stand thing before, and I really don’t know what to do-

“I don’t want it that way,” Sakura cuts in.

“What do you mean?”

“So what if we don’t know each other? We can get to know each other from now on,” Sakura sounded firm.

“We may have the whole thing backwards, but I don’t want this to end as a one-night thing.”

“You mean…”

“I want to date you, unnie. If that’s okay with you.”

She kept her gaze locked at the older woman, firm and resolute. She had fallen hard for this stranger that she just met, and she didn’t want to let her go.

Eunbi stared at the young Japanese woman, speechless.

“But I just broke up with my fiancé, this is too sudden for me.”

“I’ll wait for you.”

“But I will return to Seoul soon, and you’re here in Tokyo-

“I’ll go to you. I’ll go to Seoul. I’ll make it work somehow.”

Eunbi could feel her heart beating out of control, it even skipped a beat, and fluttered. It happened all at once. The feelings she thought she’ll never feel again. It was only last night that she thought of losing her life, that she was worthless and unwanted. But this young woman who came out from nowhere make her feel wanted and loved even though it they had only met less than 12 hours ago.

“I know this sounds ridiculous, but I think I’m in love with you,” Sakura said.

Eunbi’s eyes widen, shocked.

“B-But you don’t even know me.”

“I don’t really care. I love you.”

Eunbi could feel the emotions build up inside her. Suddenly the five years of relationship she had with her fiancé means nothing, and the only thing that matters is this woman in front of her. Tears were b in her eyes, and even though she tried her best to control her emotions, the tears rolled down her face.

Sakura didn’t flinch, not even when the older woman was crying. She reached for her face and gently wiped the tears with her thumbs. Eunbi grabbed her hand and brought it to , and kissed her palm. Even though she didn’t say anything, they both knew what it meant.

“Thank you.”

 

**

 

Eunbi went to take a shower, while Sakura stepped out for a while to buy them breakfast. She went to the nearest convenience store around the hotel and look for something to eat. Eunbi did mentioned that she likes chocolate, so she picked a chocolate bun and two onigiri. She also picked two cans of coffee and green tea each.

She went to the counter to make the payment. She looked for her purse in the bag and that’s when she realized that she had turned off her phone the whole night. She quickly turned it on. The notifications showed up on the screen. There were more than 30 missed calls from last night.

She immediately checked the missed calls and found out that it was all from her sister. The last call was at 4 am. As she was puzzled, suddenly a call came in from an unknown number. She hesitated but still answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Miyawaki Sakura?”

“Yes, speaking. Who is this?”

 

**

 

Eunbi waited in the hotel room. She glanced at her watch; it had been almost an hour since Sakura left to buy them some food for breakfast. She had promised to come back and eat together.

But soon minutes turned to hours, and there was still no sign of Sakura returning to the room. Eunbi tried to be optimistic, and told herself that Sakura will return, and that everything she said was true.

Sakura was like a dream come true, like a savior from above, like a prince who came into her life to mend her broken heart and make everything alright again. Even though they barely know each other, she knows that her feelings for her are true. At least that’s what she wants to believe.

But hours passed.

And Sakura still hasn’t returned. The sun was beginning to set, and Eunbi hasn’t eaten anything all day. She sat at the edge of the bed, as she slowly accepting the harsh truth. The painful reality crashed down on her, and the agony in her heart multiplies. Tears rolled down her cheeks, and she begin to sob uncontrollably.

The truth hurts.

Sakura is never coming back. She was just lying about everything.

She knows nothing about Sakura. She has no contact info of her, heck she didn’t even know her last name. And here she was thinking that she could trust her.

She probably saw her as a wounded puppy and took advantage of the situation. And she stupidly gave her everything, her heart and her soul to the stranger that she just met. How stupid.

And Eunbi just couldn’t take it anymore; she broke down. She fell on the floor, and just curled up as tears rolled down her face. She cried, harder than she ever cried in her life.

Her heart was broken, not once but twice.

She felt worthless again.

Unwanted.

 

**

 

 

 

 

 

2 years later.

 

“Nako-chan, hurry up! We’re going to be late for school!” Sakura urged her niece.

The 17-y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter