History

i'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 – History

Now I wish we never met,
Cause you’re too hard to forget,

While I’m cleaning up your mess,
I know he’s taking off your dress,
I know that you don’t, but if I ask you if you love me,

I hope you lie to me.

 

 

 

“Ms. Kwon Eunbi, have a seat,” said Ms. Kaeun.

Eunbi was standing still for a few moments, reeling from the shock, before she could move to a chair next to her younger sister, Yujin. She sat next to her sister and put a hand on her heart, trying to stay composed. But her heart was beating so fast, and her breathing became uneven, she might hyperventilate.

“Unnie, are you okay?” asked Yujin.

She looked at her sister closely, her eyes filled with concern. She’s aware of her sister’s condition.

Eunbi was not okay.

There was no way she could be okay being in the same room as that person, but she didn’t want her sister to worry. She forced a smile and held her sister’s hand.

“I’m okay. You’re the one in trouble and you’re asking me if I’m okay?” she asked jokingly.

Yujin sighed, “Unnie, please.”

But Sakura was still in shock. She can’t keep a straight face, and kept glancing at Eunbi to make sure that she was real. She was still there, sitting next to Yujin. Only god knows how much she wanted to see her again. Seeing her in person feels so unreal.

Eunbi was still beautiful and precious as she was two years ago. She looked so perfect in Sakura’s eyes, it hurts just to watch. She thought she had forgotten how she looks like, but she looks exactly the same as the woman that she’s always thinking of.

“So, here’s what happened,” said Ms. Kaeun.

The acting principal went on to explain what happened to both Eunbi and Sakura, about the money that went missing and how it was found inside Yujin’s bag.

Both woman looked at the principal, trying to take it all in.

“So, you’re telling me that Yujin stole the money?” asked Eunbi in disbelief.

“Well, the money was found inside her bag. I checked it myself,” said Ms. Sana.

Eunbi looked at her sister’s homeroom teacher, also her sister’s track coach. They are already close from meeting at Yujin’s practices.

“Well Sana, you know that Yujin is not that kind of kid,” she said.

“That’s why I was shocked too. I think we should hear it from Yujin herself,” Sana replied.

Sakura watched them talking to each other casually, and felt a bit uneasiness in her heart.

“Okay Yujin, can you tell us what happened?” asked Ms. Kaeun.

Yujin took a deep breath, “Ms. Kaeun, I really didn’t know how the money ended up in my bag. I really didn’t take it. What kind of genius would keep the money she stole from her friend who sits next to her and put it in her bag with the envelope on? If I really took it, I won’t put it in my bag and probably throw away the envelope. That’s just asking for it.”

Eunbi glared at her younger sister, warning her not to talk anything inappropriately.

But Yujin wanted to stand up for herself.

“All I did was sleep in class during recess. I had no idea if there was anyone else who came in. Heck, Nako herself could’ve lost the money even before she went into the class.”

Sakura was amused with Yujin’s excuse.

“But the money was found in your bag, she might’ve lost the money somewhere else, but how did it end up in your bag?” she asked, suspicious.

Eunbi glanced at Sakura briefly before looking away.

“How did you know it wasn’t your niece herself who put it inside Yujin’s bag?” she asked.

Sakura scoffed, “E-Excuse me, Ms. Kwon. You’re saying Nako did that herself? Why would she do that?”

Nako and Yujin exchanged looks. Things had become worse between the adults.

Eunbi shrugged, “I don’t know, maybe she’s doing that just to torture someone? To put Yujin in trouble? Yujin is training hard for the national competition, and things like this would easily affect her participation.”

“What the? Nako would never do that! She’s the victim here!” Sakura protested.

“Okay, calm down everyone,” said Ms. Kaeun.

Both woman turned to look at the principal.

Eunbi continued, “Ms. Kaeun, Yujin has never broke any rule before. She had been a model student ever since she got here. Maybe she’s not that smart-

She paused and glanced at Yujin who was staring sharply at her.

“But she always works hard, and she’s passionate with sports. I believe that Yujin is innocent, despite the evidence and I still hope you won’t punish her. Please her go this one time.”

Lee Kaeun sighed and glanced over at their homeroom teacher.

“Is there anything you would like to add, Ms. Sana?”

Sana nodded, “Actually, I agree with Ms. Kwon. Yujin has always been a good student. There was no concrete evidence that said Yujin actually steal the money. Someone could be playing prank on her.”

Nako adds, “Yujin and I are close friends. I personally didn’t think she would steal my money either.”

Yujin smiled at Nako, her deep dimples showed.

 

**

 

Yujin was let off with a warning, due to her good discipline records. She was given counselling session schedules to attend though.

Both Nako and Yujin left to their classes after the meeting. Sakura looked over at Eunbi who was avoiding her eyes the entire time. She wanted to talk to her, but the latter wasn’t happy with their reunion. She hurriedly stood up and leave the room, without even glancing at Sakura.

 

Eunbi walked away from the office, and instead of the elevator, she took the staircase to leave the building. She wanted to avoid meeting Sakura at all cost. She stopped after walking down a flight of stairs, and leaned her back against the wall. She was breathing hard, and starting to get dizzy. She felt like she was going to collapse any second.

Sakura was supposed to be a history. She was supposed to be erased from her life.

The impact of being heartbroken twice truly changed her life. She was damaged. She went into depression after she got back from Japan. She lost interest in life, and had to quit her job because she kept missing work. She cancelled her wedding and had to answer to tons of relatives and friends who keeps asking why. She spends her time cooped up in her room, crying all day and night. Her parents were so worried about her condition and took her to the hospital. She had to undergone therapy session twice a week, and was prescribed anti-depressants pills for more than a year.

It was only recently that she had stopped taking medicine.

But now she needs it again.

Her vision became blurry, and she begin to feel lightheaded. She grabbed to the railings, trying to keep her balance. But her body gave in. The shock of seeing Sakura again was too great. Her legs begin to wobble, and she tried to grab on anything to avoid her from falling down.

Someone caught her just in time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter