Pasta

i'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6 – Pasta

 

Do you know that I’m becoming more ruined
As I look at you?
I feel like dying
Even though there’s no way you’ll come to me
Even though I know you’re looking somewhere else

I don’t think I can let go of you

Jung Seung Hwan – If It Was You (너였으면) 

 

 

“Is your sister really dating Ms. Sana?! Since when?!” Nako asked to her friend, Yujin. Her voice echoes at the empty staircase where they’re at.

Yujin scoffed, “How am I supposed to know when? I don’t even know that’s she really dating her!”

“It’s not fair for Saku-chan! They must break up!” Nako retorted.

“Why is it not fair to your aunt? Besides, the whole school now knows that my sister is dating Ms. Sana. They can’t just break up.”

Nako shook her head, “Why did your sister accept Ms. Sana that easily? Is she just using her to avoid Saku-chan? It’s just fishy to me.”

“Hey mini bun, watch your mouth! My sister isn’t someone who dates around easily. She has been single for 2 years. If she finally found someone who loves her, I won’t come in between her happiness.”

Nako nod her head, “So it’s 2 years. My aunt has been avoiding relationship for 2 years too. You think this is all a coincidence?”

Yujin shrugged, “Well, I don’t know. I lived for 17 years and I have never kissed anyone yet either. That’s a mystery to me as well.”

Nako smacked Yujin’s arm hard.

“OWW!” the taller girl winced.

Nako took a step towards her, causing her to take a step back.

“Something happened between them 2 years ago! My aunt has never stopped loving your sister since then! She was looking for her all these years!”

“W-What?”

“You think I’m joking around? You want your sister to be happy? Then let her be with someone she loves. You think she’s happy with Ms. Sana? She was just faking it.”

Yujin sighed, “Then what do you expect me to do? It’s not like I can meddle in the adults’ affair.”

“We must do something.”

“No, Nako. No. I’m not interested in whatever you are scheming, little cookie. I had enough problems on my own. I just got suspended from the competition because of Kim Chaewon. I don’t have time to play cupid for anyone.”

 

**

 

It was Saturday and Nako was standing in front of the cashier, trying to pick an ice cream flavor. She looked into the glass display in Baskin Robbins, at the various colors of the ice cream. It is one of her favorite things in the world.

“Have you decided yet?” asked the male staff.

The teenager let out a sigh, still pondering at which flavor she should pick.

“Rocky Road or Green Tea Choco would be a good choice,” said a voice behind her.

Nako turned around, a little startled and found a familiar face. The older woman was smiling at her; with her dark locks let loose with center parting and an infectious smile. She looks stunning.

“Eunbi unnie!” she exclaimed.

“You should pick the flavor before lining up, Nako,” Eunbi said with a chuckle.

She put an arm on Nako’s shoulder and they looked at the ice cream together.

“Hmm, just pick one, it’s on me,” Eunbi said.

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Then unnie, please pick one for me.”

“I love chocolate and matcha, do you?”

Nako grinned, “I think I’ll like anything you pick for me.”

 

The two of them sat at one of the table with a cup of ice cream each. Eunbi picked Rocky Road for Nako and Green Tea Choco for herself. They ate their ice cream together as they chat about little things that happened in school. Nako told her all about Yujin’s massive crush on Minju.

“Do you love ice cream, unnie?” asked Nako.

Eunbi nodded, “It’s one of my favorite things in the world.”

Nako’s eyes widen, “Same! It’s one of my favorite things in the world too!”

“Kidding!”

“Not!”

Eunbi put up a hand, and Nako high fived her. They both laughed.

“Do you always like to eat ice cream alone?” Eunbi asked.

Nako frowned, “Actually, Yujin promised to go out with me but she cancelled it at the last minute because she had to go to the library to study with Minju.”

Eunbi snorted, “Her grades didn’t reflect the amount she studies though.”

“Oh well, it’s more like ‘studying’,” said Nako with her hands gesturing the apostrophes.

The older woman nodded, “Oh I know. I accidentally read her diary once and that girl is all she ever wrote about.”

“Accidental, huh?”

“She fell asleep in the living room with her diary open.”

“Oh, then it’s her fault.”

“Told you.”

They continue to eat their ice cream before it melts.

“Your aunt… didn’t like to eat ice cream with you?” asked Eunbi abruptly.

Nako tried to suppress a smile.

“She loves ice cream too. But, she’s not really an outdoor person. She goes out depending on her mood. And today, she prefers to play games.”

Eunbi smiled, “She play games and love ice cream kind of girl huh?”

“It’s unexpected isn’t it?”

“Yeah. A bit.”

They continue to eat their ice cream in silence.

“Unnie, are you really dating Ms. Sana?”

Eunbi looked up and met the younger girl’s eyes, “Why are you asking that?”

“I heard the rumors, and saw the picture too. I feel a bit crushed inside, honestly.”

Eunbi chuckled, “Why? Do you have a crush on me?”

Nako grinned, “Of course! You’re so pretty! I would date you if I’m ten years older!”

“Aww, that’s sweet,” she reached over and pinched the girl’s cheek.

Nako giggled in delight.

“But since I can’t date you… I think you’ll look good with my aunt.”

Eunbi chuckled, “Hmm, Nako?”

“What?”

“You know something, right?”

“Know what?”

Eunbi looked at the younger girl closely, “I know what you’re doing.”

“Hmm, what am I doing?”

“Oh come on. It’s too obvious.”

“Well, I just feel bad for Saku-chan. It’s hard to ignore when I see her came home crying after she saw you kissing someone else.”

“She… what?”

“She cried. So hard.”

 

**

 

It was already closing time at the White Rabbit Café when someone pushed open the front door. Yena who was wiping the table looked at the beautiful young woman who walked in. She was slightly annoyed. There are always customers who insisted to come even after closing hours.

“I’m sorry but we’re already closed,” she said bitterly.

The young woman smiled, “Oh I’m not here to eat. I’m here to see my girlfriend.”

Yena’s face flustered, “Your girlfriend? I don’t remember dating you, Miss. Did I do something to you while I was drunk?”

She shook her head, “N-Not you!”

Eunbi appeared from the kitchen, “Sana?”

Sana’s face beamed with delight as she saw Eunbi. She walked to her and wrapped her arms around her waist, enveloping her in a hug. Eunbi was startled with her sudden hug.

“Hey, I’m kind of sweaty and smelly from working all day, you wouldn’t want to hug me like this,” Eunbi said pushing her shoulder away.

Sana let her go and hold her hands, “I don’t mind. I missed you too much to care about those little things.”

Eunbi chuckled, “Didn’t we just met yesterday?”

“Well, I missed you already.”

 

They sat at one of the table as the other café staff were cleaning up the kitchen and dining area. Eunbi brought Sana a cup of warm tea and a plate of cookies.

“Are you hungry? Do you want to eat something?” the older woman asked.

Sana shook her head, “It’s late. I’m not here to eat. I just want to see you.”

Eunbi forced a smile. Honestly she was still not used with Sana acting like this towards her. She’s not sure if this is what she wanted.

“I’m sorry about Yujin being suspended from competing. There’s nothing I can do about it. She did hit that girl. Her mother is actually very active with the PTA and contributes a lot to the school. Plus, she’s on the student council too. Everything is on her side,” she said suddenly.

Eunbi sighed, “There’s nothing you could do. Well, maybe Yujin try to concentrate on her studies for a bit. She is only going to miss one competition, right? She can still enter the next tournament, isn’t it?”

“Hopefully. She’s the best athlete we have anyway. I’ll do whatever I can so the principal will allow her to compete again.”

“Thanks, Sana.”

“Don’t mention it,” Sana said, with her cheeks slightly blushing.

“By the way, are you going to the School’s Charity Ball?” she asked.

The Elite High’s Charity Ball is the annual event that was organized by the school and the PTA, where they will be having dinner, dancing and also auction for the school’s fund. It’s the most anticipated event among the parents and student alike.

Eunbi nodded, “Yeah, with Yujin.”

“Didn’t Yujin have a date? She told me she’s going with Kim Minju.”

“I guess so.”

“So do you have a date yet?”

“Me? A date?”

Sana nodded, “Everyone has to bring a date. It’s a ball after all.”

Eunbi chuckled, “What is it that you’re trying to say? Stop beating around the bush.”

The pretty teacher smiled, “Will you be my date to the charity ball?”

“Hmm, let me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter