Bonus Chapter 3 (Part Two)

i'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Wake up Kwon Yujin! How long are you going to continue sleeping??" said an angry voice.

Yujin slowly shifted in her bed and opened her eyes reluctantly. It was bright, like someone just changed the lightbulb in the room. She groans and rubbed her eyes with her hands. Her head was pounding, and the light and the noises were really bothering her.

"Why are you so noisy...

She paused. Then she realized something, it wasn't Nako's voice or Eunbi's or Sakura's. It sounds more like...

"Minju? Is that you?"

There was a girl in her room, tall, long hair and so beautiful just by looking at her side profile. She was standing in front of the mirror, buttoning up her dress shirt.

Why was she dressing up in my room??

Yujin's mind went frenzy with thoughts. She sat up straight with her eyes wide open. Cold sweats were formed on her temples.

Minju turned to her with her eyebrows creased. She looked adorable as always, but even more beautiful in this setting. She had her makeup on, with white shirt and a black blazer that fits her body perfectly.

"I'm going to go for work now, so you better get up and make your own breakfast. I don't have time for this, Yujin-ah."

Yujin gulped.

"Work? Wait? You're working? Wait, why are you in my room in the first place??"

Minju looked at her and then shook her head.

"How much did you drink last night, huh? Of course I live here, this is my house too. I'm your  wife, you idiot!"

Her face had turned red from anger. 

But Yujin was speechless. 

"W-Wife? We're married? But when? We're still in high school! We can't be married this young!" 

Minju glared at her and left the room without saying anything. Yujin was still on the bed, trying to register what just happened. She glanced around the room and saw a huge picture on the wall. It was her and Minju, in wedding dresses. She felt excited and terrified at the same time. The tall girl immediately scrambled down the bed and rushed to catch up with Minju. She needs explanation. 

Minju was putting on her shoes when Yujin caught up with her at the door.

"So we're married and you're working? Am I working too? Do I go to work?" 

Minju looked at her, her eyes filled with disappointment. 

"I don't know Yujin. I've been wondering that too. When will you get a real job instead of hanging out with your good for nothing friend?" 

Yujin gulped again. She don't even know what she's talking about but she could feel that she was being scolded. 

Minju sighed and walked closer to her. She cupped her face and smiled. 

"I'm sorry I said that. Let's not talk about this early in the morning, okay? Let's not fight anymore." 

Yujin stared at her, frozen in her touch. She realized that Minju looked matured now. It's still Minju but slightly older than the one she went to school with. She was still in shock when the older girl suddenly gave her a soft peck on her lips and right cheek before turning towards the door. Yujin's cheeks were burning hot. But there is something more important. 

"Minju wait! Where is Eunbi unnie? Is she here somewhere?" she asked, urgent. 

Minju chuckled, "Unnie? Of course. She's sleeping in her room. Play with her and eat with her, okay? Don't just sleep all day."

 

**

 

Yujin wondered why Minju gave her such instructions about Eunbi before leaving the house. To fill her curiousity, she went to the other room in the house. She pushed the door open and was greeted with a shocking sight. 

The room was painted light purple to go with the yellow carpet on the floor. Well, you can hardly see the floor because there are toys scattered everywhere. Yujin carefully stepped into the room further, trying not to step on the small toys that looked like they will hurt you a lot. There was a bed in the middle of the room, and it was painted pink. A little girl was lying on the bed, surrounded by bunny plushies. She was hugging tight a pink piglet doll, and her eyes were closed shut. 

Yujin stared at her for a long minute, trying to understand what this thing means. Who is the little girl and where is her sister Eunbi. 

"She can't be my... 

She paused when she saw a picture in a frame by the bedside. It was a picture of herself, with Minju who was smiling so brightly, holding the little girl. 

Yujin let out a loud gasp. 

"NO WAY!" 

And that woke up the little girl. The girl sat up straight and squinted her eyes at Yujin. Their eyes met and Yujin frozen in her place. They locked gaze for a whole minute before the girl suddenly pouted and reached her hands forward. 

"Mama, Eunbi is hungwey..."

 

**

 

Eunbi was sitting on a high chair at the dining room, waiting for her breakfast to be served. Her mama, Yujin gave her a bunny doll to play with in the meantime. But she was getting hungrier and her mama was still struggling in the kitchen. 

"Eunbi is hungwey! Mama! Mama!" she shouted. 

Yujin ignored the girl and continue cooking her porridge. Cooking is not her expertise, as Eunbi is usually the one cooking for them, but she know how to make porridge at least. She thinks so. She tried to stay calm and composed while stirring the pot of porridge and checking the recipe online at the same time. Baby Eunbi however wasn't so calm anymore. She was crying and threw the bunny doll towards Yujin. 

"Stop it, unnie! I'm making food for you now!" she shouted. 

But the girl cried harder. Yujin turned off the stove and scooped the porridge into a plastic bunny bowl. She made her some milk using the formula she found in the kitchen and put them on a tray. She sat next to little Eunbi with the bowl of porridge and a bottle of milk. 

"Okay, let's eat now, here," she said, shoving the bowl to Eunbi. 

Eunbi grabbed the plastic spoon and begin scooping the porridge. Her hands were wobbling as she took it closer to . She had already open wide, but the spoon never arrived. It fell on the floor. And she cried again. 

Yujin let out a heavy sigh and took a clean spoon. She scooted closer to the girl and scooped it for her. 

"Come on, open your mouth," asked Yujin. 

Eunbi pouted, "Make spaceship! Make spaceship!" 

"How can I make spaceship with this spoon? Oh-

She paused and shook her head. 

"That's so childish! I'm not gonna do it!" 

Eunbi's face scrunched, and Yujin could sense a huge amount of hatred for her coming from the little girl.

"Spaceship...uwaaaaaa!!"

"Oh little Eunbi unnie, look! A spaceship carrying porridge is coming to you! Open up the space station!" said Yujin, with her hand flying the spoon around. 

"Oh spaceship!!" 

"Yes! Open your mouth!" 

"Ollaga! Ollaga! Ollaga! (higher)" 

"Higher? But it's about to land-

"OLLAGA! MAMA OLLAGA!" 

Yujin stood up and get on the chair. She fly the spoon around and make swooshing sounds too. Eunbi finally agreed to eat the porridge from space. 

 

 

**

 

Yujin was lying on the sofa in the living room, staring straight at the ceiling, catching her breath. Eunbi was playing in the pen at the corner of the room, she just had a tea party with her bunnies and a puppy. Yujin was the puppy. But now she had fallen asleep after playing. Yujin had no energy left to carry her inside the room. 

She was still trying to register what just happened. Eunbi said she is 4 year old, which means she and Minju had been married for at least 4 or 5 years. And Minju seems like she has a stable job, meaning she probably got her degree from a good school. And if they got married after graduation, that means her age would be... 

"Am I 27 years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter