Fight

i'm with you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 - Fight

Picture perfect memories,
Scattered all around the floor,
Reaching for the phone 'cause, I can't fight it anymore,
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind,
For me it happens all the time.

 

 

Sakura saw Eunbi from the window of the staff room.

She was about to head home when she saw her walking towards the field with a bag in her hand. She felt a tug in her heart at the sight of her. Eunbi was walking with a bright smile on her face. Her long dark hair was let loose, and the wind blows it away as she walked. She looked breathtakingly beautiful.

Still so precious.

Sakura knows that she was an unwelcomed presence in Eunbi’s life. The older woman made it loud and clear, that she was just a nightmare to her. She was the cause of her pain, her misery. She was the memory that she wanted to forget.

But, Sakura can’t forget Eunbi.

There was not a day that passed by without her wondering where Eunbi had gone. She had left without saying anything that day, and when she came back, it was already too late. She didn’t know how to explain it to her.

She fell in love with Eunbi that day.

She fell so hard, like she never fell before.

For the past 2 years, she became busy with living with Nako and also her completing studies after the incident; she has not dated anyone else. Her heart was still in Eunbi’s hands. She cannot move on from their encounter on that day. It was a brief encounter, but the memory was permanent. She cannot forget all the whispered words, all the touches and the beautiful way they made love.

The longer she watched her from afar, the more she knows that she can’t stay away. So she went down the stairs and head towards the field.

To where Eunbi was.

 

**

 

Yujin was in the middle of running her first lap when she saw her sister came by. Her sister had always visits her during practice with some food and drinks from the café. She tried to wave at her, and that’s when she was overtook by Chaewon.

“Hah, loser!” said the older girl, sprinting passed her.

“Ugh, Kim Chaewon!” she grunted and run faster.

The two girls were running side by side, trying to overtake one another. But Yujin was clearly faster.

She winked at Chaewon, “Bye oldie!”

Chaewon gasped, and tried to run faster, but she was already at her limit. Yujin ran ahead of her, and it was impossible for her to catch up anymore. She stopped midway, panting. She put both her hands on her waist as she was gasping for air.

She turned towards their teacher at the bench. And gasped.

She saw Ms. Sana in a passionate kiss with another woman. They did not seem to care that they were in the middle of the field, or the fact that they were in the school, with the students watching them. She noticed that Yujin also stopped running and looked at them in shock. At closer look, Chaewon saw the other woman’s face.

It was Yujin’s sister.

 

Yujin watched in shock as her teacher kissing her own sister inside the school ground. She was not sure how to react. She had always known that Ms. Sana has feelings for her sister, but this was too sudden.

But, she also noticed that there was someone else who was even more shocked than herself.

Ms. Sakura was standing not too far from the pair, and her face pale white. She was slightly shaking, and her eyes glistens under the sun. She looked weak but she gathered her strength to turn around and walk back the way she came from. She took long strides, like she can’t wait to get them out of her sight. And she wiped her eyes as she walked.

Ms. Sakura cried.

Yujin was so confused.

“W-What the heck is going on?”

 

**

 

Nako cannot help but worry as saw her aunt storming into the house that evening.

Her eyes were red and puffy from crying but she tried to hide it with her hands. She went straight into her room without saying anything. She already told her that she stayed back for a faculty meeting and came home later. But Nako had never thought she could come back looking like that.

She knew she couldn’t just leave her alone.

She knocked on her door a few times, but there was no answer. So, she entered the room.

“Saku-chan, are you okay?” she asked.

Sakura was on her bed, burying her face in a pillow.

Nako sat next to her and patted her back.

“My poor, poor aunt. What happened?”

Suddenly Sakura reached for her niece and wrapped her arms around the smaller girl shoulders. She hugged her tightly and cried on her shoulder.

“What happened?” she asked again.

“Don’t tell me you’re fired or something-

Sakura cuts in, “I saw her kissing someone else.”

“I thought I’d be okay, but I’m not. I’m not okay at all.”

“W-What?”

“It’s understandable if she’s dating someone else, I mean, we were only together for one night, and we hasn’t meet each other for 2 years and things happened…”

“I know that, but why does it hurt so much seeing her with someone else?”

Nako patted her aunt’s back gently.

“Because you still love her.”

Sakura pulled away from Nako and looked down. She nodded.

“I do.”

“But she hates me.”

 

Sakura ended up telling Nako everything that happened on that one fateful night. From their first encounter at the convenience store to the night that they spend at the hotel to the morning after when she had to leave her alone.

It was a lot of information for Nako to swallow, even though she had an idea about the history between her aunt and Yujin’s sister, the details was a bit too much for her to process.

“O…kay. So now what? Are you going to give up on her?”

“She was kissing Sana! What am I supposed to do?”

“I bet she still has feelings for you. Or she won’t be treating you coldly.”

“It doesn’t matter anymore.”

Nako sighed, “It’s because she didn’t know what happened! You never had the chance to tell her what really happened!”

“It makes no difference anymore. She has someone else now.”

Sakura looked away, “It’s over.”

 

**

 

Sana walked Eunbi to her car after track practice while Yujin went to wash up. Eunbi was still flustered by what just happened earlier.

“Hey, are you okay?” asked Sana, gently tugging Eunbi’s hand.

Eunbi turned to look at Sana and nodded weakly.

“Are you upset that I kissed you?”

Eunbi sighed, “You should’ve told me you’re going to do that…”

“You said that you want Sakura to leave you alone. It worked, didn’t it?”

“Well, I didn’t mean it that way! She seemed shocked-

Sana shrugged, “Why? Do you still have feelings for her?”

“W-What are you talking about?”

“It seems to me that you’re still affected by her presence. I guess she was your ex.”

Eunbi bit her lip, “She wasn’t an ex, she was… a mistake. Someone I want to forget.”

Sana looked at her and their eyes met. The younger woman stepped closer to her and held her hands.

“If she was a mistake, then let me make it right for you. I’ll help you forget her.”

“Sana…”

“I like you, Eunbi. You know I like you.”

Eunbi’s eyes widen, and she froze on the spot. She wasn’t expecting a confession.

“Eunbi, let’s date. Be my g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter