//05

Dual
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yugyeom was beyond exhausted. Starting from the middle of their training session, he’d begun to scrunch his face and seemed as though he wanted to take a break. But with the trainer watching them, it was impossible. Jungkook tried his best to refrain himself from going all out on his partner, but with his abdomen healed, it was difficult not to spar with his whole heart. The only limitation he had left was his shoulder, but his strength was on his right anyway.

 

His training partner fell on the ground with a groan, breathing heavily. Jungkook grinned, offering his hand to pull Yugyeom from the ground.

 

“You almost killed me,” Yugyeom whined before he rushed to gulp down the drink in his hand. “Had I known you’re this skillful, I would have begged them to change my partner when I was first told that I’d be replacing the beast to face another beast.”

 

Jungkook smiled proudly, his hand fleetingly touched his abdomen before he glanced far away, toward where the unfortunate civilians wandering around. The little ones were bothering the guards again and playing around, while some others were watching them training.

 

He hadn’t seen Chaeyoung lately. He wondered if she was busy practicing. People were still talking about her and all he hoped was that she wouldn’t let those bother her.

 

Deep inside him, he hoped that she didn’t forget that she still needed to heal his shoulder. He honestly thought that his shoulder could heal on its own; it would just take some time. After all, it was no longer as severe as the wound on his stomach. But he still wanted it to get a healing from her, perhaps simply because he wanted to see her.

 

The break ended shortly, forcing them all to go back to the center with their own partners. Once the whistle was blown, they began their training again. Yugyeom fought energetically despite looking like he was too tired to speak earlier. He formed fire needles underneath his palm, jerked his hand forward and the needles flew speedily toward Jungkook.

 

Jungkook dodged them all, dropping his body onto the ground before he swiftly got up, and instantly, his feet brought him forward as he prepared a balled fist wrapped in blue fire. Yugyeom’s eyes enlarged, but he managed to duck, forming a thin sword right after and attack Jungkook’s side. Jungkook’s eyes narrowed, his expression tight when he felt a cut on his waist.

 

Yugyeom cheered, boasting about it and Jungkook smirked as he jumped and shoved his partner down when he was distracted, hitting his head with his fire-wrapped fist. Yugyeom groaned out loud, holding his head and when he opened his eyes, Jungkook sent a number of blazing daggers down and Yugyeom screamed for his life. Jungkook laughed and made the daggers disappear. Yugyeom released the biggest sigh of relief, placing a hand in between his legs and let another sigh out.

 

“A weakling screaming like a girl,” a man from behind them scoffed, a few others cackled. “Does he think his scream is going to help the village?”

 

Yugyeom stood up with his entire body encased in fire, enraged at the words spoken by the men. Jungkook stood beside his sparring partner and scoffed lightly. Those men never seemed to learn. Jungkook didn’t think any of the men would b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter