//28

Dual
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashes of amber flying all over the place. Scream of pain shooting from everywhere. Immense heat surrounding the open space.

 

None of those made her world stop the way the image of Jungkook’s flesh slashed and tore open did.

 

Chaeyoung’s face was blanched with horror, a shrill yell rushed out of her as her eyes witnessed Jungkook falling to the ground with a loud thud and an agonizing grunt. His blood overflowing from his abdomen after the Newcomer beneath him dug his fingers and soon, hands into Jungkook’s abdomen. Not even a few seconds passed, half a dozen of fiery spears came out of nowhere, falling toward him.

 

Everything was happening too fast. Things happened one after another, not even a second could be spent to take a breather, to think. Before she could move an inch, the spears had already attacked him fiercely. His own shield wasn’t enough to protect himself. Chaeyoung’s tears rapidly fell down her cheeks as she shrieked out his name, stumbling her way to him and falling hard on her knees as she cried beside his body.

 

She wished he would stop trying to save her when he was the one who needed saving. Even at his weakest point of his life, he tried to protect her from the men’s torment over her. The pain she felt when the man yanked her head up could never be compared to what Jungkook was feeling.

 

His constant begs for her to run, for her to escape the place only made her feel like her world was crumbling down. The pool of dark red, shiny and fresh blood glistening on his abdomen and chest twisted her heart painfully. Her hands frantic as she tried to heal him, trembled uncontrollably even when she was pressing against his wounds. Her eyes were the blurriest they had ever been as the tears kept dropping like waterfall.

 

The song to heal was a mess in her head and she cursed herself, her sobs grew louder. Her breath quickened and Jimin’s voice resounded in her mind, telling her to calm down. She tried. She tried her best. But she couldn’t. She yelled Jimin’s name in her mind, hoping he would suddenly appear.

 

A different figure caught her sight as he appeared instead of Jimin, causing her to gasp. His entire body was enveloped with angry flames. His eyes burned with a rage that she never knew existed within that man. And with a blink of an eye, the man dashed past her. Choking sounds made from behind her. Somehow, she could recognize to whom the sounds belong to. Hanbin and Jiwon.

 

A loud explosion made her heart almost leap out her chest, but she couldn’t tear her eyes off Jungkook as she begged him to stay with her. Panic grew drastically inside of her when she realized that Jungkook had grown weaker and his eyes were heavy. His blood didn’t stop escaping him.

 

“Come confidence, come,” she sang aloud shakily, broken sobs that followed only became louder. If the song couldn’t work inside her head, she hoped it would work if she sang it out loud. “Come live with us.”

 

Her own hands, she realized, were coated with Jungkook’s blood. She couldn’t hear anything other than her own heart pounding crazily in her ears.

 

“Ta -take comfort along, live to - together with - it.”

 

Jungkook’s breath was slowing down. Chaeyoung bit her lip hard it bled.

 

“Go hesi -tance, go.”

 

Jungkook was trying to inhale but something seemed to be blocking the way. His lips were trembling and Chaeyoung’s stomach tightened that the next words she needed to sing came out in even more broken sobs.

 

“Go f-far away fr-om us.”

 

When her eyes dragged toward his eyes, she felt her heart broke at what she was seeing. Her mind was screaming for him not to leave her. You can’t leave me, Jungkook. Do not leave me!

 

“Take… t-take” she stuttered as she watched in terror as his eyes began to mirror anything but life. “Take our pain along,” she forced them out quickly.

 

A shadow was looming over them before the owner of the shadow crouched beside Jungkook, opposite of Chaeyoung.

 

Jungkook’s grandfather’s clenched fists came into her view before quickly, he unclenched them and used one hand to cup Jungkook’s neck.

 

She shook her head when his grandfather put a hand over hers that were pressing against his wound. “Take our pain along,” she repeated and felt her heart began to beat less and less as Jungkook’s breathing became weaker. “Die together with it,” she finished the song.

 

The weak blue lights around her hands appeared but faded slowly and her world stopped, her heart stopped, her breath stopped as she watched Jungkook’s chest made its last drop after it rose high, his head fell to the side.

 

*

 

A sweat, cold sweat trickled down Jimin’s nape. His brows slowly drew together just after the glow of soft blue faded around him. He opened his eyes and felt the irregular way of his heart beating. An image of his sister flickered in his mind. Unease settled deep in his guts.

 

Why did she suddenly cross his thoughts?

 

Jimin blinked in confusion, recalling how he’d heard Chaeyoung’s voice calling his name from a distant while he was singing in his head. His eyes narrowed slightly when he saw the wound of his patient untreated. He swallowed thickly, feeling anxious all of a sudden. The only few times he had ever actually failed to heal was when something terrible happened that involved his family members.

 

The patient looked down at his injured wrist. The look he shot Jimin next was of confusion. It wasn’t his first time having Jimin attending to his wounds. The first time the patient, a Cultivator who was older than Jimin’s father went to the Healing Sector was when he broke his hipbone for overworkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter