//31

Dual
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The third healing session of Jungkook’s abdomen alone almost her life out of her. Chaeyoung was lightheaded for long moments after each session, taking the longest to draw in her breath and make her body feel at ease. Three long sessions of the song playing in her head. Three long sessions of her frame covered with soft blue lights. Three sessions of trying to heal the deepest wound she’d ever encountered in her entire life.

 

If it were not for the herbs that she had previously applied on him, she doubted that there would be any big differences in his wound. The destroyed insides had already formed completely, the herbs had already melted and became one with his blood, his flesh stitching, new flesh even formed. The progress was indeed slow, but the new sight was giving her hope.

 

Chaeyoung breathed slowly until she could feel and hear her breath come out evenly. Her gaze flitted toward Jungkook’s face. A memory of when she watched him sleep serenely with his head on her lap visited her mind. A soft smile made its way to her fatigued face.

 

Her gaze then shifted toward his chest, watching the stillness of it and the smile faded. Her heart wrenched as the memory of him pushing out the last of his breath before he fell unconscious seared into her mind. She bit her lip when it trembled.

 

She shook her head lightly, placed her palms on his abdomen again. Perhaps it would take another two sessions for her to completely heal it but with a scar. She briefly glanced at his other wounds and made a rough guess of the amount of sessions needed. Silently in her heart she wished for her brother to be around.

 

Before she could begin the fourth session, the door creaked open, revealing Jungkook’s grandfather standing with a solemn expression on his face. It soon changed when his eyes settled on Jungkook’s abdomen. Slowly, the man walked closer and stared at it, at Chaeyoung’s hands already ready for the healing and finally he looked up at her face. His eyes mirrored surprise and concern.

 

“Come,” he gestured with a hand. “This healing session has drained you of your energy, child. You need to eat for your energy to replenish.”

 

Chaeyoung did not remove her hands from Jungkook’s body, slightly hesitating as she considered the offer. Her eyes gazed at Jungkook again. She wanted to decline the offer. She couldn’t leave him. She couldn’t waste the time. The healing needed to be continuous. She needed to ensure that he would be safe. She wanted to watch over him at each second.

 

The elder Jeon seemed to notice her own hesitation, her dilemma, her concerns. With a gentle and comforting hold on her shoulder, the old man looked at her with a surprising fondness in his eyes.

 

“If you want him healed faster, you have to heal him with full energy.”

 

He turned around and walked off, saying nothing else after. Her eyes settled on Jungkook for a few more moments before deciding that the old man was right. If she continuously spent the time to heal with her leftover energy, it would be possible that she wouldn’t be able to heal him until he could meet consciousness, she herself would lose her own life.

 

The old man gestured for her to take a seat and she pulled out the chair carefully and quietly. A habit that had been taught since she was little. Disobeying the rule once during family gathering where their relatives were present had caused Jimin and her to stand and watch, only allowed to devour leftover food when everyone else had finished.

 

Her eyes glanced at the opened window. It was already morning, she realized.

 

“We do not have much in this house,” Jungkook’s grandfather said and slowly turned around with two bowls in hands, pushing one toward her. “I hope this soup will be fine with you.”

 

She bowed her head politely as a sign of gratitude. Despite her reluctance earlier, when her senses registered the delightful smell of the soup, she realized that she had been starving. She took a small sip and her eyes sparked, taking a few more sips. Warmth filling her stomach inside.

 

“This soup tastes wonderful.” She smiled and met the man’s eyes. He gave her a small smile in return. His eyes, though, had none of the emotions that were supposed to align with a smile.

 

“It is his favorite,” he said.

 

Chaeyoung paused briefly, her eyes resting on the soup and her mind took her on a short journey of picturing Jungkook’s delighted face upon deciding that the soup would be his favorite. She wondered how his expression had been when he first tasted it. She could picture how his eyes would have been. His beautiful doe eyes would have sparkled. Embers gently flying would have been there. She softly sighed, her wish to see his eyes looking into hers only increased.

 

She suddenly remembered that she should not be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter