//19

Dual
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung huffed out in frustration. Junhoe sealed his lips tight when Chaeyoung tried to open up the topic of the woman from the Cultivation Sector. It seemed as though he realized his mistake of showing the emotion he shouldn’t have shown in the presence of her, and now he seemed to be very cautious in the things he would be doing.

 

The days when Junhoe was busy with healing patients, Chaeyoung took the chance to slip into the Cultivation Sector to find the woman herself. But she did not have a name. She had only seen her once. She knew nothing of the woman apart from what her existence seemed to mean to Junhoe. If she asked Taehyung, would he know who that woman might be?

 

“What is bothering you?” Taehyung asked, watering his newest plant. “Please tell me it is not your betrothed.”

 

Chaeyoung shook her head and let out a sigh. “He is not yet my betrothed. And, I am not exactly thinking of him.”

 

Taehyung’s eyes then lit up, a smirk slowly building up on his face. “It is the red-haired man, then?”

 

A faint blush rose on her cheeks, shaking her head again and she pressed her lips tight, suppressing herself from smiling. The dirt on the ground seemed to be unexpectedly interesting as she traced her fingertip there and she heard Taehyung chuckling next. She had a hunch that Taehyung would want to dig into the story of her and Jungkook deeper, but now was not the time for it. It was also a little awkward to talk about it to him, knowing that Jimin had mentioned to his best friend of her past feeling for the latter.

 

She cleared . “Does Junhoe frequent this sector?” she asked. “Have you seen him a lot with the young women here?”

 

The bright expression on Taehyung’s face dimmed and when he threw a glance at her, his eyes narrowed. “Are you telling me that your feelings for him are starting to grow?”

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes narrowed, her head jerked backward in surprise. The thought of feeling something close to ‘like’ never crossed her mind when it came to Koo Junhoe. The times she spent with him did rid the discomfort she felt when he was around, though little, but it wasn’t as much to make her grow fond of him.

 

Perhaps, something she’d feel for him was sympathy, but not so much either, seeing as how he seemed to really put his duty first and his true feelings behind.

 

“No, I am simply curious,” she answered Taehyung with a shake of her head. Sensing that Taehyung didn’t seem to be convinced, she added, “I need to find something to stop this marriage. I don’t even wish to come close to the betrothal day.”

 

Taehyung took a deep breath, his lips formed a thin line as he nodded. “Well, he isn’t called a wolf for nothing. He has been with women from different sectors, including this sector.”

 

“Do you personally know any women he’s been with?”

 

He nodded. “A friend of mine who took lessons together with me was one of the many women he’s marked,” he stated with a disgusted face. “And just like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter