//24

Dual
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngjae was quiet the whole time he led Jimin to where Village Leader Seokjin was. Jimin had asked him questions, but the only response Jimin was able to get was the sound of the Supplier’s calm breathing.

 

“Lower your voice,” Youngjae warned, speaking with almost no movement of his lips as he ducked his head.

 

Jimin looked around and clamped his mouth shut when some people of the sector were passing by. He knew that people of other sectors were rarely found in the Supply Sector, but never had he imagined that it would be too rare that he received looks from every Supplier that walked past him.

 

For sure, he would stand out among them with his blonde hair, pale skin and blue eyes. Anyone would know that he was a Healer.

 

“You will get your answers from Village Leader Seokjin,” Youngjae said quietly. “I do not have the rights to reveal anything without his consent. Be patient.”

 

Jimin nodded, taking the time to memorize the rare scenery of that sector as well as the way to Village Leader Seokjin’s residence. Supply Sector was probably the most intimidating place to be in since every one of the people seemed to have a root of royalty with them. They were the finest people among all.

 

Everything about them would link with the word ‘proper’. They were dressed properly, they eat properly, they walk properly. They probably breathed properly.

 

Not one of them could be considered as poor. The buildings were well built and painted with gold. Everything seemed to shine brightly, holding the color of the sun in every part of the sector.

 

Jimin figured that the Cultivation Sector was definitely his favorite next to his own sector. At least, the Cultivation Sector breathed life.

 

“We are here,” Youngjae announced when they arrived in front of a huge gold building. He was led inside and Jimin almost chuckled at how the interior design of the building was also gold, gold and gold. He might have to heal his eyes after this visit.

 

Village Leader Seokjin was sitting comfortably with lots of food in front of him. The older man’s eyes sparked brightly upon seeing him, invited him to sit and eat with him. He was of course friendly, different than most Suppliers as he seemed to defy most of the stereotypes.

 

Jimin bowed deeply, apologetic that he had to refuse the offer. He didn’t think he had the time or the patience any longer. He needed to know about Red Dahlia. The village leader seemed to catch the hint, signaling Youngjae to close every door and window while asking Youngjae to stay.

 

“You have questions,” Village Leader Seokjin stated. The friendliness on his face earlier had slowly vanished, consumed with the gravity of the situation.

 

“Yes,” Jimin confirmed. He didn’t think it was of use at all if he beat around the bush. It was better to ask away. “It is about the flower you sent to me. Red Dahlia.”

 

The older male let his head nod slowly. “Do you already know what the flower means?”

 

He took a deep breath and nodded. The village leader looked into his eyes, waiting for his answer. For some reason, saying the answer felt like a heavy task to do. He struggled to utter that one word that had been occupying his mind.

 

“Betrayal,” he said quietly.

 

Both Suppliers in that room said nothing. They did not tell him whether he was right or wrong. Jimin glanced at Youngjae whose face remained static, only his eyes blinked once in a while. He stood like a soldier on duty next to the village leader.

 

“Why did you send it to me?” Jimin questioned carefully, not wanting to show his impatience.

 

Village Leader Seokjin looked at him for a long time wordlessly. A thought came to his head. Jimin swallowed nervously. It could not be that they were thinking that he was a Dual, could they?

 

“I am not involved with the Duals,” he declared.

 

Village Leader Seokjin’s expression remained the same. “I know.”

 

Unable to solve the puzzle, Jimin calmly asked, “There must be a reason why you sent me that flower, so I need to know, what is it?”

 

“To warn you.” Village Leader Seokjin turned in his seat before he stood up gracefully. “I believe Supplier Yoo has informed you of it. It appeared in my dream, Red Dahlia. I am sure that you are aware of the linkage between Red Dahlia and the Duals, yes?”

 

Jimin furrowed his brows. “Yes. During the attack, the Duals left Red Dahlia on the bodies of those that they murdered,” he said, reiterating what Taehyung told him. “It symbolizes them. Betrayal. They betrayed the village and the people.”

 

Village Leader Seokjin nodded, scratching his chin. “I do not see anything that I should correct.”

 

Jimin’s frustration grew, unable to control the heavy sigh that escaped him. “But why did you send it to me? What does it have to do with me?”

 

“Something bad is coming.”

 

“If something bad is coming,” Jimin said, slowing the pace of his words coming out of his mouth. “Shouldn’t you make an announcement so the whole village can be ready?”

 

“I do not wish to make the same mistake as the past leader,” Village Leader

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter