seven

Learning to Love Myself

It turned out that Taehyung was actually a very good student and he seemed to understand everything I was saying to him. So why did he need a tutor,why were his grades so bad, was was a clever person.
These questions puzzled me the whole way home. Perhaps it was all an act for the people in school, a way to keep up the pretence.
And if so, then why? I sighed.
'Everything alright dear? how did you get on?' 
'Yeah all good'I called to my mom as I climbed the stairs and then I stopped 'I got on well' I smiled 'I think I made a friend at last'
'How wonderful, I'm happy for you sweetheart'
'Thank you for believeing in me mom' I said and she smiled.
'I'm your mother love, it's my job'
'Well, I have homeworkto get on with myself so I'll see you later'I said and headed upstairs.
But I couldn't concerntrate, I kept thinking about Taehyung, the way he smiled and when he joked around, it was like a little rectangle, his relaxed attitude, I wished I could be like that, i always felt myself getting so stressed at the smallest things and it got on my nerves. Perhaps being friends with Taehyung could help me workon that.
Was it just friendship i wanted or something more? I shook my head.
He wouldn't be interested in me like that and besides, i wanted to look out for him,to help him and make him a better person, maybe we could make each other better.
It was possible right? I mean,opposites attract and all that.
I sighed to myself and closed my workbook, I wasn'tgonna get anything done now so what was the point?

TAEHYUNG'S POV:
I was feeling more positive about things now, Jungkook had started to help me and I felt like I could actually do something with my life.I smiled to myself.
'How did it go?' my mom asked shyly.
'It wenjt really well'I replied and she smiled.
'The kid looks like a pansy to me' my father said harshly and I frowned,he didn't even know him.
'He's not a pansy' I replied sternly.
'Whatever,just don't get too involved with him,I don't want you going soft'
'So what? I'm supposed to just use him to get what i wnat then throw him away completely?' I asked 'that isn't fair'
'It's the way the world works,life isn't fair and you need to learn that as well as what you're meant to be doing in school, don'tspoil that as well as your education'
I balled my hands into fists 'I'm sorry I'm such a disappointment to you all the time'i said quietly and left the room
My mom came to seeme a little later on.
'Your father means well' she said as she sat down beside me on the bed 'in his own way,he does care and is only trying to protect you even if he does go about it in the wrong way a lot of the time'
I sighed and looked at her.
'I need to get away for a while, to not feel so trapped' I said.
'I understand that' she said and kissed me forehead 'but it's late now, can it wait until tomorrow?'
I nodded and she smiled.