eleven

Learning to Love Myself

He turned to Jungkook.
'This is your fault' he said quietly 'everything was going fine until you came along'
'No, it wasn't, none of this is Jungkook's fault' I tried to stick up for him.
'You stay out of this' my father turned to me.
'No you see? That is what I'm talking about, you keep trying to run my life but that's not love, mom says you're doing it because you love me in your own way but Jungkook helped me to see what's best for me. I know you want me to dowell but the way it was going I wasn't going to get very far, I actually feel like I can achieve something now I'm away and not all cooped up'
He said nothing, I felt like he was going to hit me, he always went quiet when he was really mad.
'Say something then' I said after a while 'anything will do,anything at all'
'I can't believe what I'm hearing, you would seriously give up everything you have for this boy?'
'I didn't have anything to start with, you thought I did but I didn't,I just let you think I did because it was easier than telling you the truth but the truth is, I hated it,I hated every single second but I just wanted to make you happy but now I see that it's my happiness that I should have been thinking about to be able to make it work properly'
He went quiet again then looked at Jungkook.
'Do you feel the same way my son does?'
Jungkook took my hand 'I do sir,I'm more sure of that then anything I've ever been in my life'
My father sighed.
'Then I suppose I can't stop you' I stared at him, that defineatly wasn't the reaction I was expecting but I'll take it 'I want what's best for my son, and I'm sorry that it took me so long to see that I was going the wrong way about it. If this is what's best then so be it, even if I don't agree with it'
'Thank you' I said with tears in my eyes, and then he hugged me.
'You'll look after him won't you?' he asked Jungkook.
'Yes of course I will, I love Taehyung very much' he replied and my father smiled.

JUNGKOOK'S POV
'Well that wasn't so bad'I said when we left.
'No, it wasn't what I was expecting at all' he replied as he stopped to plant a kiss on my cheek 'and now that my father accepts us,sort of, I really don't care about anyone else' he added.
'That's good, I'm proud of you' I said.
'You wanna know what I'm proud of?'
'Hmm?'
'Both of us' he smiled 'we've both been through a lot and we managed to find each other, that is something pretty special I think'
'I guess you're right' I agreed.
'Of colurse I'm right' he smirked 'I'm always right'
I rolled my eyes at him.
'I love you Kookie' he said
'I love you too' I replied, welli tried to reply but he kissed me at the same time so it ended up a bit muffled.
Oh well.