five

Learning to Love Myself

JUNGKOOK'S POV:
Well,my first day couldn't have gone much worse to be honest.
'How was school love?' my mom asked.
'Fine' I lied.
She raised an eyebrow at me 'just fine?' I smiled and nodded, she didn't look convinced but she let it drop and I headed to my room.
A few minutes later my brother interupted me.
'Why did you lie to mom?' he asked.
'Huh?'
'Don't play dumb, I know you lied because I saw you earlier and you lied about it, why?'
'Isn't it obvious? I don't want her to worry and if you saw mw, why didn't you come and talk to me?' he shrugged in reply, great, my own brother didn't even want to be seen with me 'don't tell mom I lied'
'I won't. are you okay thought?' he asked
I blinked, so he did care 'uh yeah, I will be'
'You can talk to me yanno, I do care about you, we're brothers after all' he said in a quiet voice.
'Thanks'I replied'that means a lot to me'
He just nodded and left, leaving me in complete shock.
My brother had never been nice to me without my parents around.I smiled to myself and carried on with the book I was reading as part of my homework.
It felt nice to have a sibling that actually cared about me, even if he did do it in secret, I smiled to myself.
I didn't even feel myself fall asleep.

TAEHYUNG'S POV:
'Taehyung can you come here for a moment?' my father's stern voice came from the living room.What had I done wrong now?
My mother gave me a look of 'don't make it worse' as I entered the room.
In his hand he held my report card. Great.
'What is the meaning of this?'
I shrugged and he frowned at me 'answer me,don't just shrug'
'I don't know father,i keep trying to tell you I'm no good at that school but you don't listen to me so what's the point? I do everything you say and nothing ever works'
'Nonsense that schoolis a fine establishment and you will stay there and get your act together soon'
'See? you're not even listening to me now!' I shouted 'why do you never listen?!' I couldn't help it, everything just came spilling out 'I hate it there, do you hear me? HATE IT! I can't do it anymore, maybe I'm just that stupid after all'
My father looked like he'djust been slapped and my mother looked terrified.
'I'm out of here' I said and headed towards the door.
'Get back here and discuss this properly' my father demanded.
'No!' I yelled back 'I'm done' I slammed the door behind me and sat down on the front step, I hadn't thought this through very well.
A little while later, my mom came and sat down beside me,I looked up at here trying to stop tears from falling, she sighed and justv hugged me.
'Perhaps we could try a tutor' she said quietly.
I sniffed 'would that work so late in the semester? I asked.
'It's worth a try'she smiled at me and hugged me even tighter 'you know I'd do anything for you son'
I loved her so much, I really did,I was sorry i was such a disappointment to her.
She sat with me for as long as possible just hugging me, I had to make myself better, not just for myself but for her too.