one

Learning to Love Myself

I actually enjoyed school, or I would if I could just get to stay in one long enough to be able to enjoy it. My fathers job meant that we had to move around a lot and sure it was exciting and all but it was also kinda lonely. I never had any time to make just one decent friend because it seemed that as soon as I made one then I'd have to go again,so eventually I gave up completely.
It was okay though,I was used to it by now and I always had the characters I read about to keep me company. I sighed to myself.
I was such a nerd, maybe it was a good thing I was always moving around, no one could find out what a complete loser I was.
'You're not a loser hunny,you're a lovely person and anyone woulod be lucky to have you as a friend'
'You have to say that, you're my mom' I replied and rolled my eyes.
'I think you're a loser' my older borther replied.
'Well no one asked you did they?' I snapped back.
'Hey that's enough you two' warned my mom.
'Sorry' we both mumbled together and she smiled.
'That's better. Now Kookie,you'll have plenty of chances to make new friends at this school now because we don't have to move anymore for a while.
'Really?' she nodded.
'Your father got a semi permanent position so we can stay put for a while, isn't that great?'
'Yeah mom, really great' I said.
'What's the matter sweetie,I thought you'd be happy'
'I am happy, honest'
'Tell that toyour face then' my brother said and I scowled at him.
'What's wrong kookie?' my mom asked.
'Nothing, really'
She didn't look convinced.
I was really okay though, I was just worried how people would react to me and how I was actually going to attempt to make friends.
It shouldn't be that hard really though, right?
I had no idea but apparently I was going to find out soon because my mom had already signed me up for the local high school which meant that i started that coming Monday.
'You will be fine' she said ;just be yourself and people will love you' she said.
I heard my brother choke on his breakfast as he tried to stifle a laugh at this comment and smiled myself.
'Karmas a bro' I thought.