five

of course the snake would hate the lion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— Miss Lee? Can I talk to you? — Professor Ulrich was placed next to his classroom's door when he called the Slytherin. The blonde girl shivered but nodded anyways. He managed to go inside and Luda followed him. She didn't know why she was afraid, but the girl wasn't used to get called like that in first place. She was one of the top students, after all, so why would a teacher even call her?

— Yes, professor? What can I do for you? — she asked and the man smiled. He wasn't scary, far from that. He had a warm face. 

— Glad you asked. Miss Son Juyeon is going to be discharged today. And I guess you remember the detention I gave her, right? When you brought her to me a few days ago. — he slowly answered. Luda didn't understand why he was saying all that and where they were going with the conversation, so she just nodded. — Well, I want you to help her. 

— You want what? — Luda's voice was a little high pitched. The man raised his eyebrows due that behavior and Luda took a deep breath. — Excuse me, professor. I think I didn't understand what you said. — her voice was way calmer now, but she was panicking inside. She had listened very well to his words, but what? And why?

— She is not in her best condition, but she still needs to complete her detention. I would call one of her friends, but the chance of them to break all of our trophies are high. So I need a student that I trust and it's you, miss Lee. You don't need to clean them, though. You just need to stay there and verify if everything is alright. — He clarified, but that didn't make Luda to stay calm again. She was going to spend hours with Juyeon? Really? Stay with her in the same space for more than minutes? She was going to lose her mind. 

— Listen, professor, you know I don't usually discuss when you ask me something, but I don't think it is a good ide-...

— It's my final decision, miss Lee. — his tone was harsh this time. Luda closed her eyes for seconds before opening them again.

— Ok, then. Can I go now? — she asked. Her blood was boiling. She wanted to scream because that wasn't fair at all. 

— Yes, of course. But listen... — he started again. Now, his voice came out with an almost soft tone. A glimpse of a smile was in the professor's face. — She is a good kid and it doesn't matter where she came from. I know what you think, miss Lee. I've been knowing your family since you weren't even born. — the man paused and winked for the student. — Don't let them define you. 

And with that, he waved. Luda didn't have the strength to say nothing more. She just nodded and went out of the class. Her mind was running fast with his words, mostly because she spent the entire night thinking exactly about that. 

[...]

— I never understood your hate. — Dawon said without looking to Luda. The blonde girl breathed heavily while her elbows were resting in the lunch table. 

— Well, you know she doesn't have magic blood. — the Slytherin said and that got Dawon's full attention.

— Seriously, Luda? You talk exactly like you father. We're living in the twenty one century, how can you still have thoughts like this? — Dawon was with a serious expression, a judgmental one. 

— I... I don't know. — It was all the blonde girl could say. 

They were in the lunch time when Luda told Professor Ulrich had said that she was going to help Juyeon with the detention. The girl was outraged. But Dawon, of course, was being reprehensible, because Luda was the only on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter