the return

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

One year later

“You really should come; I really want you to come.” The man in front of me said as my feet padded against the floor, a sigh escaping my lips. When Baekhyun said he was going to come over, I thought it was because he genuinely wanted to hang out with me. He then proceeded to bombard me with requests about a party he wanted me to go to because he had a head who was also “single”.

“Oppa, I’m not a social commodity. I’m tired after work and if you think I will go there when I can chill on my bed then… Goddamnit, boy! Don’t give me those puppy eyes.” I scowled at him, adjusting the towel around my body. I thought that if I refused enough and took a long shower, he’d drop it, but I could also tell that he was not going to let it pass.

“Really… It’s been a year since you’ve dated someone.” Baek began and I let out a deep breath, going to the closet to find some comfy clothes. He turned away almost instantly but kept on talking. “You go to work and back like a routine-“

“Because it is a routine.” I mumbled under my breath, throwing on an oversized T shirt and shorts. “I’m done.”

Baekhyun turned back and adjusted the sleeves of his shirt. “Look, I just really want you to know that it would be fun. Jieun will be there, people you know will be there. It’s a reunion of people we used to hang out with!”

“Wow. All the more not to go.” I muttered, rolling my eyes.

“And besides, Yixing is a great guy. He just came back from some charity work in China. He’s got a heart of gold, that one. Sometimes I look at him and I think to myself, how can someone be so good?”

“Sounds like you’re the one who wants to hook up with him.” I chuckled, settling down onto the couch before starting to browse through Netflix on the big screen. “You sure you don’t want to tap that booty?”

Baekhyun let out a sound of exasperation before glancing on his watch. “It’s already 10! I was supposed to be there by 9:30 and here I am with you- “

“Then go! No one’s stopping you.” My fingers scrolled down news articles as I pressed the save button before making a mental reminder too read them later. The room was silent for a while and even then, I found it weirdly suffocating. I paused, diverting my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter