the auction

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

The party had already started and I had walked in a bit late, the mask on my face threatening to fall. I reached up to tighten it, my simple gold dress hugging my body as I walked down the stairs. It was a masquerade and even though I was quick witted, I still couldn’t recognize most of the people. Some girls wore cute ones, masks that were delicate and you should see the structure of their face. My mask was half faced, simple and elegant though I’m also pretty sure that I gave myself away.

“Oh, hey. Director, is that you?” Someone asked and I whipped my head around just to see my secretary and her boyfriend.  Her dress was bright red as well as her lips and I nodded at her politely as she bowed. Her boyfriend was an outsider and even though I have met him only twice, he had always been pleasant to meet and I recognized him right away.

“Chanyeol-ssi.” I greeted him and he smiled widely.

“Ah. Looking good, Director.” He said in a sing-a-song voice and his girlfriend hit him on the shoulder as a warning to not over cross personal boundaries. He continued to speak anyway. “Not here with a date, Director?”

“Chanyeol!” Ae-ra hissed and I laughed, waving my hand to show it wasn’t a big deal.

“It’s alright. No, Chanyeol-ssi. Not here on a date. I presume you’re here to support Ae-ra in the auction?” I asked and he nodded, pulling her closer to him as she blushed. I felt a small pang of envy at their romance but shook it off at the back of my head.

“Of course. No one should ever get to auction on my girl. Director, you have the power to cut off the auction right? Can’t I just give you money and you take her off the stage?” He asked and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I don’t think I can do that, Chanyeol-ssi. Besides, I’m not the event coordinator. But to make sure she doesn’t get auctioned on- make sure your price is high.” I winked at both of then and Chanyeol grinned.

“That I can do. Money is never an issue.” He reaffirmed and Ae-ra gave me another shy bow before dragging him away. I chuckled, turning to spot Baekhyun and Yixing having a conversation in the crowd. I slowly made my way to all of them, waving at them when they also saw me.

“Princess, you look like a princess!” Baekhyun proclaimed, hugging me. “You look like a pot of gold. Some Rumplestiltskin will take a liking in you tonight.”

“You look like a queen.” Yixing corrected, shooting Baekhyun a look. “And whoever gets you tonight is a lucky guy. I may have a chance, considering I’m also auctioning.”

“Thank you, boys.” I beamed, before turning to Yixing. “You get to auction but I’m sure your date won’t be very happy with that.”

“I’m more than happy to let you have Yixing for a date.” A voice sounded and I turned to see a beautiful girl standing behind me. She smiled kindly and Yixing turned a bright shade of red that I had never seen.

“Uh… Well, this is Seohyun.” Yixing began nervously and I laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter