the future

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

5 Years After

 

One might say that five years is a long time- but to me, five years passed by like a whirlwind. I mumbled to myself as I rummaged through the small suitcase I brought to the luxury resort my company has designed, trying to find the hair curler that seemed to disappear in sight. With a huff, I decided to just gather all the strands and tied it into a bun in hopes that when I undo the bun, my hair will be curly. I glanced at the time and realized at it was already 7pm, and the party was almost starting. Swearing at my own lack of time management, I decided to start on my make up,

The company was having their 50th anniversary party in this resort. It’s been 5 years and my career is now at it’s peak. I climbed my way up into main architect to now to-be director of the company. I was turning from an architect to a business woman and I had no idea if I enjoyed the transition- but one thing I was certain of was that I was living a good life. I haven’t seen Kai or kept in touch with him and sometimes my mind would wander to the night where I last saw him and I would wonder what kind of life I would be living if had gotten back to him.

I applied blush lightly to the apples of my cheeks when a knock sounded and I couldn’t help but roll my eyes. I knew who it was, I knew my friends well just by the way their walk sounded or by how they opened doors. Counting the seconds by routine, the door then opened and walked in Baekhyun with a bunch of flowers.

“Aigoo, the special guest of tonight getting ready. You look good.” He commented.

“I’m still wearing a bathrobe, Oppa.”

He shrugged, placing the roses on the table before handing me a small box. Lowering his head, he pressed a kiss on my cheek.

“Happy birthday, princess.”

A sudden look of shock flashed through my face before I grabbed my phone and checked the date. It really was my birthday. I was so busy planning my projects that I had forgotten that I was one more year older and closer to thirty.

“Oppa!” I gasped, turning to him. “Oh my god, I forgot! Does that mean?” I motioned to the flowers.

“Okay. The flowers are from mystery boy. The small box though, is from me to you.” He flashed me a smiled and I felt a familiar sense of comfort from the smell of the roses.

Every year the past 5 years I have gotten roses for my birthday with a card either wishing me the best or quotes from love songs. I have never found out who the sender but I had always thought that maybe it was just a foolish secret admirer. With a smile, I opened the card that was attached to the roses and read it.

“Just want to remind you how much I love you. Happy birthday.”

It was a simple message but I also wondered who this stranger was, sending me flowers and telling me he or she loved me without ever showing who they were. I smiled and sniffed the roses again just to hear Baekhyun clear his voice.

“Of course, swoon over the roses. Don’t care that I actually bought you a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter