aftermath

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

             

                                                             Listen while reading                                                 

 

 

                            The aftermath was hard. I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t. I loved him, I loved him a lot. But I wasn’t stupid to listen to him after all that I’ve witnessed. I knew what kind of person I was, and to make sure there was no room for forgiveness I had to make sure there was no contact. I had to compose myself on that day, but after a good ten minutes of crying and dry heaving because I felt like I was going to puke- I wiped my tears and decided that if I wanted to cry, I would have to do it because me and Kai were done. I wouldn’t cry because he cheated, I would cry because I would have lost a lover and a best friend. Sporter seemed to know, the frenchie going up to me just to slobber saliva over my face and I held him close. He stopped moving, like he knew I needed the comfort and warmth. I sat there, my eyes blank, my tears on his fur coat. It hurt even more, knowing that I also had limited time left with Sporter. He was Kai’s dog, after all. 

 

I sat by my desk, my hands lifting up the phone I now hated. I didn’t delete her chat, didn’t say anything, I just left it like that. I went to Kakaotalk, pressed the blocked button. Deleted my chat with him, and my heart twisted a bit because it had chats of us since the beginning. I breathed, pressed the home button and went to photos. Here’s the hard part. 

 

Photos. 

 

I decided to take one look at them one last time, swiping at the photos of us while we went to dinner, the amusement parks we went to, the roses he bought me for valentines. As much as I wanted to hate him, I couldn’t. I just couldn’t. He had the best eyes, he had the best lips, the best touch and the best soul- so how… How could he do something like that to me? I felt the tears coming again and I sat with my head pulled back as tears rolled down my cheeks. I was not one for self pity but the journey of heartbreak does wonders on your emotions. Was I not enough? I travelled to the memories of the time he was happy with me, how he would try so hard to call, how he would try not to fall asleep so he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter