the end

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I never realized how much I needed you until I lost you." 

"Now time has played it's part."

"And it's only you I want to be with."

 

 

 

 

The air was cold and I shivered slightly. It was relatively quiet and I enjoyed how the silence comforted me. I walked slowly, taking in the music in the background. I have come a long way. I knew that. I let my thoughts guide me as I remembered flashback of my life before. A small smile spread across my face when I remembered Sporter, Kai’s dog. Kai. I let out a deep breath, knowing full well that even though I wished for true love- my heart had never left him. He was still everywhere, and places were tainted with memories with him.

As I stared out into the sky, I felt a presence arrive and I stiffened out. I didn’t turn, in case it was nothing. I felt someone move behind and a sudden warmth radiated through my body as the person stood beside me. I could see him in my peripheral vision but I saw only his mask and I couldn’t make out his face in the dark.

He didn’t speak for a long time and I wondered if he thought I was someone else- because he was close. His shoulders were touching mine and as I tried to slip away, he spoke.

“Have you been getting my flowers?” He asked and I froze.

I know that voice, I thought.

Of course, I know that voice.

Suddenly, for no reason, I felt tears pouring out of my eyes. Kai was beside me and I didn’t know how to process it, but his presence brought such a sadness that all I could do was stand still and let my tears fall down.

“Mhmm?” he asked gently, turning to me and that was when I could tell it was Kai. His lips, his nose and his eyes. Even behind the mask, I knew it was him. My heart broke a little more at how much I realized I missed him the past 5 years. For some reason, the emptiness I was feeling was washed away and it was just pain. My heart was twisting and I had to catch my breath, trying to breath.

I had worked for years, without knowing what I really wanted; trying to fill the emptiness with projects and work. I tried to see other people but it never worked out because something always felt wrong. But how is it that it’s been 5 years, and just his mere presence made me so weak?

“Babo-yah.” He whispered, turning me around so I could face him. With some swift move, his fingers glided over my cheek to wipe away the tears. “Only you would cry over something so trivial.”

I couldn’t even talk, breaking into a sob as my body trembled. I could smell his perfume, and I remembered I gave it to him on his birthday, it was the same scent. He smelled the same, he even felt the same.

Kai cupped my face and I was forced to look at him, realizing he removed his mask. The shape of his lips and the worry in his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter