the storm

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

                                                    I was at work the next day, my hands typing down onto the laptop. I woke up today feeling weirdly sad, my anxiety was above the roof and it took me so much effort to get off the bed. I decided to bring Sporter to work today, slightly grateful that my work was lenient. It was internet based, and all I had to do today was finalize contract and reports. A soft sigh left my lips as I leaned against my chair. Sporter gave me a , the guy was sleeping under my desk and he reeked of wet mud from the rain outside. I usually cleaned him right after but the justification that he would get a bath anyway stopped me. 

 

“How are you doing there, buddy?” I asked, scratching under his chin as he looked up at me with his droopy lips and big eyes. 

“Sleepy? Sleepy?” I repeated softly. “Go to sleep.” 

I stared at the window, watching the rain pour down and the gloominess of the atmosphere seemed to bring me down more. I sighed, sitting up before looking at the clock. I calculated the  time hours and decided it was time for me to see how Kai was. I knew he was probably sleeping, the time difference was huge- but I missed him so much. All I wanted to do was hear his voice. 

 

I stood up and kicked off my heels before moving towards the phone that was charging by the lamp. I unplugged it and brought it back to my table just to notice it vibrating, a frown evident on my face when I saw the amount of notifications. Weirdly, the notifications weren’t from someone I knew on messenger. A smile spread across from my face when I saw that some were from Kai, my fingers opening up KaKaotalk first. The yellow colored background blinded my eyes momentarily and I went back to my desk scanning his messages.

 

“I’m going to sleep, baby.”

“I miss you so much. Sometimes I don’t know what to do.”

“I love you so much.”

 

“Idiot.” I sighed, my fingers pressing onto the screen to text him back when another notification came up, this time from instagram. I texted him back that I loved him and slowly closed instagram, a sudden dark feeling coming over my stomach. I had no reason to feel this way, it was probably the stress. I had recently felt so jumpy every time I got a new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter