the sunrise

KAI x YOU (Short Story, Break up and Make up Ver.)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"My hearts a flame, and it's burning in your name

Even through the sands of time, "

"My love will always go."

"And I won't let go."

 

 

 

It was awhile, but my body was in a moving vehicle; my eyes out the window as I wonder what was coming next. I leaned my head against the window as the rain drops ran down the glass. I sniffled as I stared out the window, my eyes blurred from the tears that were threatening to fall. My body felt weak and I did what I could not to cry. I was no longer in the rain. I was in the car with Yixing, who beside me was driving silently.

I loved Kai, but to go back to the same person who broke my trust was just asking for more pain. I was heartbroken, but I wasn’t stupid. I knew what was good for me, and the logical part of me was the reason why I didn’t regret turning my back to Kai and walking towards Yixing.

The car halted stop and I looked up, realizing that I was not in front of my apartment but by the river. Yixing turned to look at me before exiting the car. In less than thirty seconds he was opening the passenger’s seat, helping me pull myself out of the vehicle.

“It’s late.” I said and he chuckled.

“It’s early morning.” He corrected before climbing up the car to sit on the hood. He looked at me, jerking his head to the side to tell me to follow his lead to which I couldn’t help but smile- climbing up after him.

The morning wind was cold and I shuddered, Yixing observing my reaction before taking off his coat and draping it around my shoulders. He pulled me closer, an arm draping around my shoulders before speaking.

“You know, from what I saw today, you know you’re still in love with him.” He began and my stomach sank.

“I’m sorry.” I began but he shook his head. “I’m sorry. You must think I keep you around for comfort-“

“No.” He cut me off. “I’m the one keeping myself around you.”

Yixing dragged his gaze and I turned, our eyes locking. His smile was gentle and calm, and almost immediately I felt a sudden peace. Yixing wasn’t like Kai. With Kai, I had passion for him. The way I loved him so aggressively, the way I showed him I understood, the way I opened up every part of myself to him. But with Yixing, it was like he could slow down the world for me and suddenly I could think clearly.

“I can’t give you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter