Sixteen

The Vanity Code

Already, she was 2 hours late.

I could only shake my head. I was not surprised at all. Kim Jisoo was the definition of 'being fashionably late'.

After I had chosen her such a nice dress too. The theme for tonight's party was Snow White.

Yes, I just love the imagery those two words evoke-- white snow, blood red roses and black ebony.

For me, I was just wearing my black tuxedo. Nothing fancy--oozing elegance and charm. Women swooned as I walked past them.

The reception was held in the cavernous conference hall. It was a joyous occasion indeed--the day our group--minus Jisoo--officially started out on our memorable journey to forge our collective future.

People mingled around, sipping and talking. I had gotten an orchestra and later a DJ will pump up the dance floor when the grannies go home to snuggle up.

There were some paparazzi reporters searching for my 'date', disappointed she hadn't shown up. I could only smile at their frustration.

And then suddenly I heard a commotion behind me. I turned.

The crowd parted as if in slow-motion to reveal a mysterious-looking beauty.

She walked up slowly, flashing a small smile at me. I could only stare in awe.

Pearly white skin, ebony black dress, blood-red lips and glossy black hair flipped to one side, falling past her shoulders and slightly hiding her collarbone.

My Snow White had arrived.