Fourteen

The Vanity Code

Jisoo's POV

I envy pigeons.

They have it relatively good. No worries, except for the odd cat. Food was plentiful, and there were plenty of nooks and crannies to hide in around the city.

I watched the birds fountain into the air every time someone walked down the path.

Next to me on the park bench was the whole batch of files, documents, phone transcripts, notes and more notes, reaching up to my mid-arm. By my knee was my luggage.

Jennie had handed me the last phone transcripts she had gotten down and then shut the door in my face.

I heard her crying from behind it as I turned away.

In all honesty, maybe she over reacted. But I haven't been a good friend to her either. I'm just glad Joohyun wasn't there to witness the scene.

It was peaceful in the park. Nobody paid attention to me.

"You should call her." were Jennie's last words.

Should I? And what would I say? 'Sorry, I forgot'?

I took out my phone and stared at it, willing my fingers to call her.

And then it suddenly vibrated violently and I almost dropped it in shock.

"Uh...hello?"

"Hey Chu, how are you feeling after last night?"

Like crap. "Uhmm...fine...that apple worked wonders...is there some kind of miracle medicine in it or something?"

He chuckled. " Sorry I didn't call earlier, I was a bit busy. Hey, by the way, are you girls still fighting?"

"Mhmm..."

"Well, in that case, I have picked up a dress for you, in case Jennie won't let you borrow anything from her collections. I know you girls can be a bit over dramatic sometimes.

Oh you have no idea. "Yeah heheh uhm...thanks Jin...."

"Do you want me to send it over? There's some finishing touches being made but it should be ready in a few hours-"

"I'll pick it up myself. Just tell me the shop" I said my mouth dry. He agreed then hung up.

Close call.

Great, dress sorted. All that's left is to find a place to dump my belongings and freshen up....