Chapter 15

Dream Being In Full Bloom

 

It was finally the first December and everyone was in a Christmas mood. You and your friends had made a day for shopping for Christmas gifts and making different chocolates for Christmas Eve.

You had decorated your apartment with different kinds of pleated Christmas hearts in colours of red, white, purple, gold and green. You had also been out buying a little plastic Christmas tree and decorated it with lights and different ornaments.

You loved this festive season. The snow had also covered big parts of the country in the white colour.

You were now at the airport waiting for the flight from Amsterdam, Holland, which Wei Chen would be arriving with. He would be spending Christmas with you and your family.

You found out where they would arrive and went to wait there. Soon the passengers began being welcomed by their family or friends waiting for them to come home to celebrate Christmas with them. You smiled as you found Wei Chen.

“Hey!” You said as you hugged him. “I hope you’re ready for this since my mom is rather eager to meet you and has been bugging me since she found out you where here a month ago.” You said with a sigh thinking about her. He chuckled. 

“I’m looking forward to it.” You shook your head with a slight smile.

“You don’t know what you’re going into…” The two of you went out to the car you had borrowed from your uncle since he and his wife would spend Christmas in England with their son.

-oOOoOOo-

On the 23rd you and Wei Chen drove home to your parents, where you would spend the next few days with Christmas Eve and some Christmas dinners with your family and some of your family’s old friends.

The first one that greeted you were your family’s dog, an old Clumber spaniel named Alastair.

“Hey buddy.” You greeted the old dog that slowly came over in an almost waddling gait as it was plagued by gout. “Are you ready?” You asked Wei Chen before going inside. He nodded.

“___!” Your mother almost came flying over to you as you opened the door. She gave you a hug before turning to Wei Chen. “You must be Wei Chen? Right?”

“Nice to meet you madam.” She giggled.

“No need to be so polite. I’m glad to meet you and welcome, I hope you’ll feel at home here.”

“Thanks.” You then took him to meet your father and then walked over to your twin.

“You’ve met my twin, Sarah, once before,” You introduced them again. “When are Julie and Kirsten coming home?” You asked her.

“I’ll pick them up at the bus stop in half an hour.”

You then decided to give Wei Chen a tour of the house while waiting for your older sisters to arrive.

-oOOoOOo-

A little over half an hour later your twin arrived with your two older sisters. Once again you introduced Wei Chen.

As your sisters began talking with Wei Chen your eldest sister dragged you a little away.

“Han er da sød!” (He’s cute!) You blushed. “Hvorfor har du ikke fortalt mig om ham før?” (Why haven’t you told me about him before?) She asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Du kender mig. Plus havde jeg fortalt dig det, havde du straks sagt det til mor og så ville hun bare blive ved med at genere mig med spørgsmål!” (You know me. Plus if I had told you, you would have told mom and then she would have kept bugging me with questions!) She smiled.

“Du kender mig alt for godt.” (You know me too well) She said with a wink. You sighed.

-oOOoOOo-

The next few days were fun but also a bit tiring as your sisters and cousins liked getting you to translate things to Chinese since they thought it was funny. The good thing about it was, at the same time, that they didn’t know Chinese so the two of you could still talk about different things without them understanding it.

Wei Chen got to meet your aunts and uncles plus your grand parents and all your cousins. He seemed to have fun though not understanding everything since your family would talk Danish at times.

The day before New Years Eve the two of you went back to your apartment to relax a little after all the Christmas stress and food. Wei Chen couldn’t say he hadn’t gotten anything to eat since the whole family had almost fed him with different things they meant he should taste. Though he didn’t say anything you sometimes stepped in to get your family to relax a little.

“It’s nice with some quietness.” You said as you closed your eyes enjoying it. He put his arms around you and you leaned on him.

“I like your family, they’re fun and lively.” You giggled.

“You don’t say.” The two of you stayed like that for some time.

-oOOoOOo-

You and Wei Chen spent New Years Eve at your apartment enjoying a light meal upon all the fat Christmas food and then looked at all the fireworks people were firing off.

It looked like the world was going to burst with all the lights and different colours the firework was making. When opening a window it sounded like war was just outside.

New Years Eve would be the last day Wei Chen would be in Denmark before going back to Shanghai and resume his work but hopefully 2013 would be a good year and you and Wei Chen could get together some more...

------------------------------------

A/N: Woot! (^o^)/~ Third chapter today! Or not since it's already 00:25am XD haha I know this chapter is a little late considering I would have posted it around Christmas and that is already over >.< I promise there will come some more action in the next two chapters! ;)