Chapter 18

Dream Being In Full Bloom

 

 

Wei Chen came walking around the street corner from the train station. He stopped for a moment when he saw the police cars and the people standing around on the street looking at what was happening. Wei Chen hurried closer and the closer he came the more worried he got.

It all was happening just outside the apartment complex you were living at, plus he recognized Mike who was being held by two policemen trying to get him into the police car as he was struggling to get away from them.

“Let me go!” Mike yelled at them. Wei Chen fastened his pace and passed several policemen, ignoring them, though they wanted him to stop.

“___!?” Wei Chen yelled worried as he came closer to your apartment.

“Undskyld, men hvem er de? Og hvad laver du her? Kan du ikke se, at der er spærret af?” (I’m sorry, but who are you? And what do you do here? Can’t you see that the area is off limits?) A policeman said as he stood in front of Wei Chen.

Wei Chen shot him a confused look before he tried looking around the cop trying to find out where you were.

“Hallo?” The cop asked when there came no answer. He sighed. “Who are you and what is your purpose of being here?” He tried in the best English he could adding a thick Danish accent into it.

“My name is Wei Chen, I’m looking for ____.” The policeman wrote it down in his little notebook.

“What is your relationship with ___?”

“I’m her boyfriend.” The policeman eyed him, doubting if it was true or not. Just then the door beside your apartment was opened.

“Wei Chen?” Wei Chen nodded.

“I’m Clara, ___'s neighbour… She’s in here and have been mumbling your name for a while…” She showed him the way into her apartment, and over to the couch in the living room, where you were lying, sleeping.

“What happened?” He asked as he looked at you with worry. There were dried tears down your cheeks and once in a while you came with a sob.

Clara retold the story as good as she could and with the information you had told her and later the police and what else the police had said amongst themselves.

Wei Chen didn’t know what to say or make of all the information he had just heard. He kneeled down beside the couch and gently removed a few hair strands from your face.

This little move made you wake up. At first you stared at him with big eyes, believing it was a dream, but then you threw your arms around his neck, clutching to him like there was no tomorrow.

Once again you stared crying trying to tell him what had happened.

“Shh… Clara has already told me what happened…” Wei Chen said, which made you relax a little.

“I was really scared!”

“I know, and I’m sorry I wasn’t there to protect you…” Clara then made a fake cough.

“Sorry to interrupt, but the policeman here wants to say something.” She said awkwardly. The two of you had been speaking Chinese. The policeman beside Clara nodded.

“We’re going to the station to further investigate but we would like to be able to contact you again if we need to, so could you please write your phone number here.”

He handed you his notepad and pencil and you wrote your details. The cop gave you a sympathetic smile.

“Thanks.”

-oOOoOOo-

As the time passed by, funny enough, it was getting late and Clara started looking tired. You and Wei Chen decided to let her get some sleep so the two of you went to a hotel, as you still weren’t happy about getting back to your apartment.

“Oh yeah, how come you’re here? You didn’t tell me you’d be coming…” You wondered.

“Well, I wanted to give this to you,” He handed you a present while continuing. “I’m not able to come before after graduation and I though you should have it before…” You looked surprised at him and then the present and hesitated a moment before opening.

“Thanks!” You said with a smile as you held up the dress. It was the same dress as when he had taken you to the company party.

“You looked beautiful in it so I thought you should have it.” He smiled.

“Thanks again!” You hugged him. “And I’m glad you’re here! I don’t know how I would make it without you…”

-oOOoOOo-

A few days later Wei Chen had to return to Shanghai. He left you after being sure your twin and friends would look after you and with one question.

"After your graduation, will you move to China and in with me?" 

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Ok, I know I said I probably be finished before this week would start but I've had a busy weekend >-< I've been looking after a dog, which was pretty time consuming... but it was so sweet XD hehe and I've been working... I'll start writing the next chapter right now, (which might be the last...) and then I can hopefully upload it tomorrow :D Or at least I will try my very best to ;)