Chapter 2

Dream Being In Full Bloom

 

The next morning after breakfast in the restaurant of the hotel you got your camera to go see some of the things around in Shanghai.

You found one of the stations and took line two to Lujiazui where you went to the Oriental Pearl Tower at the tip of Lujiazui. It was a big TV and radio tower situated opposite the Bund.

The next thing you went to was the Jin Mao Tower and the Shanghai World Financial Center not long from there – Both buildings skyscrapers. Jin Mao Tower being 88 stories and the Financial Center being 128 stories.

You found them rather fascinating, as they were very tall and different from what you where used to in Denmark. Denmark didn’t really have tall skyscrapers.

The last thing you got to do that day was going to visit Shanghai Oriental Art Center also in the Pudong area though a little further apart from the other things you had seen that day.

You found the building very interesting and you were lucky enough to find someone there who knew the building and agreed to show you around explaining the different things going on along the way.

As your little tour around the Center ended it were already around 6pm and you headed back in the direction of the hotel where you found a restaurant to get some food before you went back to the hotel to rest for the night.

-oOOoOOo-

On the second day you went to the Huangpu district. You first went to the People’s Square before going down Nanjing Road, which was already filled with people shopping in the different stores.

You found a nice café were you spend a little time eating some lunch while looking at all the people going by outside the café.

You spend a lot of the day slowly going down the street looking at different stores and taking pictures. As the night slowly came over Shanghai you came down to the Bund at the end of Nanjing Road.

It all looked spectacular as the sky darkened and the buildings light was seen. This city was a lot more interesting than what you were used to. Home in Denmark it really wasn’t as colourful as you had now experienced Shanghai.

You liked the mix of architectural styles seen at the Bund such as Art Deco, Neo-classical, Baroque and Gothic just to name a few.

You had always liked looking at all the different types of buildings as you found them rather charming and decorative – especially the older buildings.

You slowly walked along the bank of Huangpu River enjoying it all. You had already gotten some amazing photos you couldn’t wait to show them at home.

When it became late enough and you started feeling hungry again you found a local restaurant and got a table by the window so you could still see the scenery as you ate your dinner.

-oOOoOOo-

On the third day you went to Longhua Temple in the Xuhui district. The old temple fascinated you, as the majority of the Danish people were Christian, so there weren't really any temples.

As you had spent a few hours at the temple you got a bus to the Lunan district where you found Taikang Road and spend a lot of time there roaming around the small streets looking at the different shops.

When the time came to it you found a little food stall and bought your dinner there.

-oOOoOOo-

You woke up an hour later than the other days, as you had felt a little overwhelmed by all the things you had got to see in so few days. Now you were fully rested and ready to see the next thing.

The woman at the food stall you had eaten dinner at the evening before had recommended you to visit Yuyuan tourist mart so you had decided to go there first and then relax in one of the parks afterwards.

Two hours later after arriving at Yuyuan you came out again with something to eat and drink and took a bus to Zhongshan Park to enjoy it.

After your little lunch you walked around the park enjoying the green colours of the grass and trees and the colours of all the flowers. Just as you walked around a corner of one of the small roads someone crashed into you resulting in you falling back on the ground landing on your .

“Ouch…” You mumbled while wincing.

“Sorry.” A male voice said in English. You looked up. A guy was standing in front of you reaching out his hand to help you up. He wore a white mask so you couldn’t see his mouth and he had sunglasses and a hat on so the only thing you really could see was a few strands of grey coloured hair sticking out from under the hat.

“It’s okay.” You answered him in Mandarin. He looked nervously behind him.

“Have to go! Once again sorry!” He started running away. You stared dumbfounded after him and before you knew it three squealing girls came running and chased in the guy’s direction.

“Weird…” You said before you dismissed it and wanted to continue your little tour around the park but just as you were about to take a step your eye caught something lying on the ground. You picked it up.

“Hey!” You shouted in the direction they all had run but then sighed. “One of you dropped your phone…” What should you do with it? Probably the best thing to do was to go a police station on the way home to leave it there.

You put the phone in your bag and continued your walk only to forget the phone completely.

-oOOoOOo-

It was your last day in Shanghai and you had decided to go to the Xuhui district again since something had caught the eye of you the day before. You had seen a big amusement park and had decided to go there.

You arrived at Jinjiang Action Park and spent some fun hours before you went back to the hotel and packed your things before checking out and going to the train station.

You took Beijing-Shanghai Railway only to shift to Longhai Railway. You wanted to see more of the country than if you took a flight plus you hadn’t really booked anything anywhere other than the last 7 days which you would spent in Beijing where you would fly home from.

------------------------------------

A/N: I'm so sorry it took so long for me to upload the next chapter!!! *bows* I wanted to upload before going to Spain but I didn't have time and when I came home I was quite busy again and then my parents dragged me with them to Germany >.< But now I finally updated :) Though it's probably not the most interesting chapter XD haha I'll try make the next one more interesting and upload it as fast as I can ;) Please do leave a comment ^-^ Thanks~