Epilogue

Dream Being In Full Bloom

 

It was finally graduation! The school had gathered all the graduating classes in the nearby concert hall to give you your diplomas and give a final speech.

“I’m glad to have had you on my school and I hope you’ve had some eventful years were you have learned, experienced and grown as individuals and that you can use what we’ve taught you in your lives as you go from here!” The principal ended her speech, which had taken around half an hour.

And true it had been eventful… or at least this last year. You had gone to China and seen a lot, met new people and met a very special person to you. There was the Christmas were you had invited Wei Chen and he had met your family. The whole Mike-episode. Prom, and now, graduation.

Now there only was one thing left. The question Wei Chen had asked you a month ago.

You had been thinking about it a lot and had almost come to your decision but hadn’t told your parents or friends about it yet.

The episode with Mike was now closed as he had been sent to jail for aggravated assault with intention to kill, and he had gotten around 6 years for it. Though he was in jail you still didn’t feel safe in your apartment and your friends and twin often would sleep over. This had a big part in your decision.

You knew you would miss your family and friends if you said yes, and hopefully they would miss you too, but you really liked Wei Chen and how many years could you be able to keep this long distance relationship going?

China is a long way from Denmark and it isn’t cheap to travel back and forth but right now you still wasn’t sure of what to study. The conditions of studying in the two countries are different but China offers about the same possibilities as in Denmark. It might be hard but it would be tougher to deal with the regrets if saying no.

Nothing will happen if one doesn’t take chances and make something out of their life and do what they really want!

The more you thought about, the more you came to your decision and it was time to tell your family, friends and of course Wei Chen.

“I’m going.”

It did come as a surprise to your family but at the same time your parents had had the thought before. As parents should, they of course supported your decision though they would miss you.

Both your sisters and friends could understand it as they had seen how in love you were and they all wanted to pay a visit and experience what you had the year before.

As you had told Wei Chen he had become very happy and right away helped making arrangements with the flight and the easiest way to get the things you wanted with you transported to China.

Two weeks later everything was arranged, packed and sent. Your flight would leave the following week.

As you arrived in Shanghai you where met by Wei Chen, who excitedly drove you to an expensive looking apartment complex, where he showed you the penthouse apartment he had gotten for the two of you.

It was a three bedroom spacious apartment with one façade in the living room of glass, and as the apartment was on one of the highest floors, the view was magnificent.

It took you a while to get accustomed to the new lifestyle with the big apartment, your new life with Wei Chen and the attention from everyone that followed, all your new friends and the change from using Danish everyday to Chinese – though it improved everyday.

-oOOoOOo-

A few months later your sisters came to visit and see for themselves as to were you lived and how you were.

As the apartment was big enough for it you had invited them to stay in the two extra bedrooms so they didn’t have to spend their money on hotel rooms, as it was more expensive and since you had missed them.

“Wow this is fancy! It’s so cool!” You twin said with a smile as you showed them around the apartment. You couldn’t help smile seeing their faces though you had probably had the same expression as you saw it yourself for the first time.

The afternoon was spent catching up on everything going on at home, in Denmark, and you shoving them a little around in the area close to the apartment.

As the night came you took them to one of the restaurants at the Bund, and since Wei Chen had work, your sisters could ask you a lot about the relationship and how things were.

As the night turned early morning you could hear the door to your room open and close, a little pause, and then someone crept under the blanket. You smiled as you recognised the scent and came closer.

“Tough day?” You whispered.

“Just a little.” Wei Chen answered and laid his arms around you before the both of you fell asleep.

You felt rather warm as you woke up some hours later. Wei Chen’s breathing was harder, more like a panting, and he was sweating. It only took seconds to find out he was having a fever.

“You’re staying in bed today!” You said before you went out to the kitchen to get some water and some cold medicine for him.

After you had given it to him you disappeared again as you went to one of the guest rooms to get some more blankets in one of the closets.

“What’s happening?” One of your sisters mumbled haven been woken up by it.

“Just getting some more blankets since Wei Chen needs them.”

“He can’t seriously be freezing! I haven’t been able to sleep with a blanket because of the heat!” You smiled.

“He has a cold.”

“Oh…” You left with a few blankets and returned to the room only to dump them all on Wei Chen making him feel even warmer.

“You have to sweat it out.” You said reasoning it. He took your wrist and made you bend down to his face.

“There’s another way to get it to go away faster.” He smiled as a blush coloured your cheeks.

“My sisters are here! Also I’ve promised to show them more around… None of them can speak Chinese so I have to guide them!” You said flustered. Just then a knock on the door filled the room.

“We’re going! Take care of Wei Chen! See ya!” With that footsteps could be heard hurrying out of the apartment. Wei Chen’s smile widened.

“Now you don’t.” He brought your face down with his hand and kissed you.

“You’re going to make me sick too.”

“I would never do that!” You sighed with a smile and laid down beside him cuddling up to him. He kissed your forehead. “Will you marry me?”

“Of course!” He held you tighter.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

The proposal might not have been the most eventful and over the top but it was sweet and you loved this guy. To be honest you didn’t really care about the proposal. What you cared about was that he felt the same as you and that he also wanted to spend the rest of his life with you.  

-------------------------------

A/N: Okay I just finished it since I was in a zone so I might as well upload it now :) This is the end of the story ^-^ Hope you've enjoyed it though I know some of it might have been a bit boring XD haha Don't really know what else to say other than thank you to those who've been reading my story and to those who've left a comment, I really appreciate it, so thank you everyone and see you *waves*