Chapter 14

Dream Being In Full Bloom

 

A month after your return to Denmark your school reopened after the summer and you were now in your last year of high school.

“So how was your trip?” Your friends asked as the first thing when you came into the classroom. You smiled.

“Awesome! I’ve got lot’s of pictures and I’ve seen a lot of different things!”

“Let’s get together some day so you can show us and tell everything about it!” One of them said.

“Sure. Anything happened here while I was gone?”

“Not really… I’ve had a very boring summer vacation…” One of the other sighed.

“Well, there is some news though…” The third one said with a broad smile. “I met a guy when I visited my grandparents in their vacation home and I’ve been seeing him since then!” She exclaimed happily.

You smiled and your thoughts shot right to Wei Chen. You missed him… You hadn’t told anyone about him though the two of you maintained a long distance relationship. He would call whenever he could and chat.

You were also writing with Lily and the two of you told each other everything… Well, except the thing about you and Wei Chen… You thought that if it should get public it should be Wei Chen who revealed the relationship and not you. Sure many or probably none of your classmates would know who he was but still…

“Congrats!” You gave her a hug. Just then the teacher came in.

“Why is it that the teachers always come in at the strangest moments?” One of the girls whispered sarcastic.

-oOOoOOo-

It was a typical Danish November school day – the weather was grey and sad and the temperatures were only just above 0 degrees Celsius plus windy – when your phone rang in the ten minute break between the second last and last lesson.

“Hello?”

“Am I interrupting?” Your face lit up as you recognized the voice. You stood up from your seat and went out on the balcony to get some privacy to talk.

“Wei Chen!” You answered happily. “Wait, isn’t it around 10pm at your place? Shouldn’t you get some sleep instead of talking to me?” He chuckled.

“Well, it’s only 3pm where I am right now.” You looked at your phone. “You’re in the same time zone as me?” 

“Yup! Right now I’m parked on a parking lot waiting for you.”

“But I’m in school…” You were getting confused.

“I know, that’s why I’m waiting for your classes to finish.” He found it amusing to listen to you get more and more confused.

“You’re at my school!?” You caught yourself in almost shouting it. He laughed.

“Correct.”

“Really?” Your voice changed from being confused to excitement. “Wait, I still have one more lesson before I can go…”

“It’s okay, I think I can get the time to pass by fast since some of your schoolmates are here.” You didn’t know what he meant by that and you didn’t have time to find out before the next lesson would start.

“Have to go since the lesson is about to start.” The two of you ended your conversation and you went inside again with a big smile upon your lips.

“Why are you suddenly so happy?” Your twin sister asked.

“You’re about to find out.” She looked questioning at you wondering what it was.

-oOOoOOo-

“Wei Chen!” You hurried into his embrace, which shocked your friends and classmates that were there to see it.

“Hey, how are you?” The two of you were talking Chinese to each other so the others stood by the sidelines not understanding a thing of what was going on.

“Much better with you here.” You knew it sounded cliché but that’s just how it is to be in love. “Why didn’t you tell me you would come?”

“To be honest, I didn’t know I was going to Europe before two weeks ago, so I thought it would be a surprise.”

The two of you continued your little talk, as you were the only ones there. Wei Chen would only be able to be there for a night before he had to drive back to Germany, since he, and his manager, was there to attend some kind of Asian Concert with a few artists from Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China to promote Asian music in Europe.

Just then a cough brought the two of you out of your own world.

“Undskyld, men hvem er det der?” (Excuse me, but who is this?) One of your friends asked.

“Så du har en kæreste?!” (So you have a boyfriend?!) Another said with a raised eyebrow. You laughed a little shyly. You had completely forgotten that there were other people there.

“Det kan man vel godt sige…” (I guess you could say that…)

“Ha! Jeg vidste det! Alle de telefon samtaler på alle tidspunkter af dagen, hvor du har listet dig væk for at snakke, og så vende tilbage med et stort smil på læben. Jeg vidste at du mådte have mødt en eller anden!” (Ha! I knew it! All those phone conversations at all times in the day where you have sneaked away to chat and then return with a big smile upon your face. I knew you had met someone!) Your twin exclaimed.

“Well, Wei Chen, these are my friends,” You switched to English before you pointed them out to him and then introducing them to him.

“Nice to meet you all.” He said and gave them a friendly smile.

You stayed there for a while longer chatting with them before you wanted to show Wei Chen the new apartment you had gotten. First you drove your twin to the bus station so she could get home, as she still lived with your parents, and then to your apartment.

You relaxed an hour or two with catching up before you decided to make some dinner and Wei Chen took a shower in the meantime.

You had almost finished dinner when the doorbell rang. You opened the door just as Wei Chen walked by with no shirt on.

“Who is he?” The guy in the door asked.

“My boyfriend.” You answered him back.

“What?” The guy gave an angry glare at Wei Chen and he looked like he considered beating him up, but then he just walked away. Wei Chen looked questioning at you.

“My ex-boyfriend…” 

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: Wow, second update on one day! :D I know the meeting between Wei Chen and the ex-boyfriend is a bit weird XD It sounded a lot better in my head >-< But I promise the ex will come again ;)