Chapter 13

My Unscripted Life

Jimin teases his lower lip, it into his mouth as Jungkook’s hand cupped his face, deepening the kiss 

They both pull apart for a breath of air, as they gaze at each other. Rugged breathing, a smile curved on their faces, they chuckle. Jungkook takes a deep breath, biting his lower lip.

“I like you hyung,” he says softly, still trying to catch his breath. Jimin giggles, the cutest sound Jungkook has ever heard in his life. Jimin leans in giving him, a long deep kiss before pulling back, with a shy smile.

“It’ll awkward if you didn’t,” he teases, turning to Jungkook, who couldn’t help but laugh. They stare at each other for a few seconds, 

“What about you, hyung?”

Jimin smiles, “I like you too but- “

“Hey, Jimin, you’re out of drinks!” exclaims a girl, interrupting them. Jimin exhales, turning to Jungkook.

“Looks like I’m needed inside,” says Jimin, jumping off the car, adjusting his shirt, he glances at Jungkook for a few seconds, “Let’s talk later.”

Jungkook smiles, nodding his head, he was excited beyond description, not only was he able to confess his feelings but he was now confident that Jimin feels the same way as him. He felt his stomach rumble and his body on fire, he wanted to stand and scream, he exhales unable to stop laughing.

 

Jungkook walks his friends, as the party started to disperse, wanting to stay and help Jimin clean and also to finish the conversation they started earlier.  

“We’ll see you tomorrow,” says Taehyung, as they get in the car that Lisa was driving

“Yeah, see you guys tomorrow,” replies Jungkook.

Jungkook watches as his friends drive away, for once he was, he glad to be living so close to Jimin.

 

He hangs back as Jimin says bye to his friends, except for Jennie who walks over to where he was standing.

“Why’re you going home?”

Jungkook shrugs his shoulders, “I need to talk to Jimin-hyung,” he says.

Jennie frowns, glaring at him, “What for?”

“I didn’t realize you were that nosy sis,” he taunts.

“You’re so annoying, look- “

“Hey,” says Jimin walking to where they are standing, “So I have a little helper.”

“What?” asks Jennie.

“I asked Jungkook to stay and help me clean up,” says Jimin, “ I can see you had a little too much to drink. I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Unable to argue, Jennie forces smiles, softly nodding, “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow.”

She throws Jungkook a death glare before giving Jimin a hug, Jimin walks her to the door, to make sure she is alright.

 

“Little helper?” says Jungkook, as Jimin walks back to the living room.

“I couldn’t tell her I wanted to have a heartfelt conversation with her younger brother, now could I?” he says, holding a plastic bag.

 Jungkook chuckles as picks up a beer bottle on the table, handing it to him, making sure their fingers touched, sending a wave of electricity throughout his body, and by the smirk curved on Jimin’s face, he knew he felt it too.

 

As they clean up, picking up the trash, they exchange glances, their eyes doing all the speaking, not sure of how to start the conversation, both nervous, it was hard to process any thoughts, let alone talk. There was an unfamiliar beat of tension in the air.

 

Jungkook watches him as Jimin poured the half-empty beer bottle down the sink, he could go home but he was still waiting to have their “conversation”. Jimin glances at him,

“How about that kiss?”

“Which one?” teases Jungkook, wanting to make things less awkward, Jimin chuckles, giving him a look.

“When I first kissed you and I said it was just the heat of the moment, I want to apologize because I lied.”

“So why did you kiss me?”

“Same reason I kissed you tonight,” he replies, lowering his head for a second before glancing back up, “I kissed you because I like you.”

“I like you too,” says Jungkook.

Jimin pauses for a second, putting down the bottle, “But I don’t think a relationship between us is possible.”

“Why not?” asks Jungkook baffled.

“Um,” says Jimin, “What’s the point of starting something when in a few months I’ll be leaving for college. And then there is Jennie-”

Jungkook chuckles, not sure of what to say, he thought he was going to say because he was Jennie’s brother but this whole time his worried because he is about to graduate. 

What can he say to make him more assured? he wonders.

“Honestly, I don’t even know what I’m going to eat tomorrow, let alone what’s going to happen in a few months. I like you a lot and I want to be with you,” Jungkook takes a step closer to him, grasping his shoulders, gently turning Jimin to face him, “Look I’ve never felt this way about anyone before, Jimin-hyung, and if you feel half of what I feel then we should at least see where this goes."

Jungkook didn’t open up easily, mostly about his feelings but at this moment, more than assuring Jimin, he wanted to assure himself. He wanted to have a chance to be with Jimin, instead of giving up without even trying.

Jimin blushes as he gazes into Jungkook’s eyes, Jungkook slightly rubs his arms, up and down. Jungkook felt his chest warm with pleasure and excitement as he stares into his eyes, Jimin’s eyes glistened in a way, he has never seen. Jimin smiles, timidly, lowering his head, as Jungkook watches him, the usual flirt that Jimin seems to be, this was a new side of him that he was glad to witness, the whole scenario was driving him crazy, it would be a shame not to kiss him.

Jungkook takes his hand in his, gently squeezing, rendering him incapacitated, Jimin bites his lower lip, glancing up at him, the glint in his eyes making Jungkook’s heart flutter as he leans in, breath shaking, he kisses his warm lips.

***

Saturday

 

Jungkook was unable to stop smiling as he eats, with no practice, he had no plans for the weekend, he was hoping to spend time with Jimin, maybe ask him out. They decided to give it a try, but he never formally asked him out, he was unsure of whether they were together as boyfriends, but he was happy with just having the chance to be with Jimin. He glances at Jennie, wanting to boast but he also understood that she felt possessive of Jimin because she also had feelings for him. And such feelings do not just disappear, the last thing he wants is to put Jimin in a tight spot of choosing between his friend and him, especially since Jimin asked him to take things slow as he does not want to rush into things, and Jungkook knew that meant not labeling anything yet.

“Why’re you looking at me?” asks Jennie.

“I’m not,” says Jungkook, averting his gaze, cursing himself, he still could not believe if he forgot to ask for his number.

“So, have any plans today?” asks Namjoon, with a smirk. Jungkook scoffs.

“Maybe I’ll catch a movie with my friends,” he replies, staring at him. He knew Namjoon was teasing him, as soon as he came home last night, he told Namjoon what happened, unable to keep his feelings contained, despite begging him to not say anything to anyone especially Jennie and his parents, as he doesn’t want to make it a big deal until they are officially together.

 

Jungkook laid back on the couch, in his basketball shorts and extra larger hoodie, playing video games in the living room. His phone vibrates, Jungkook glances at it, it was a message from Lisa He glances at his game, he was at a critical stage and decides to text him back later, the phone vibrates again, he glances at phone, He groans annoyed, he just wanted to spend his day playing videos games, his phone vibrates again,

Why is she blowing up my phone?

Jungkook picks up the phone, staring at it as he opens the message tab, his eyes widen upon reading the three words written on the screen,

Are you dating Jimin?

Jungkook’s mouth opens, unable to make a sound, stunned, how the hell did she know about it?

Jungkook’s mind goes in a circle, trying to think of how to reply, wanting to avoid confirming anything, he couldn’t ignore since the phone show that he read it. Thanks to technology advancements, now he had to reply.

Where did you hear that? he quickly types and sends the message, anxiously going waiting for her reply, it wasn’t long until the phone vibrated.

I saw you two kissing, so are you dating? Wait so Jimin is gay?

Jungkook’s heart sank in his chest, there was no denying and he wondered if he really wanted to lie to his best friend, they didn’t even know about his crush on Jimin. It’s too late to lie about it.

He sighs.

It’s complicated, let’s meet for lunch and talk, he texts back.

Okay.

Jungkook glances at the time on his phone, lunch was three hours away, he has time to think of how he can explain to Lisa about Jimin, whether to tell her what’s going or just lie, but why should he lie about it? It’s not like Jimin asked for him to keep it a secret. He tosses the phone aside, exhaling loudly.

“What’s wrong with you?” asks Namjoon, walking in the living room.

“Hyung?”

“Jimin dumped you already?” jokes Namjoon, laughing. Jungkook glares at him, not in the mood for his jokes,

“What’s up?”

“Lisa knows?”

“About what?”

“She saw Jimin and I kiss last night, she wants to know if we’re dating?”

“Okay…is that a problem?”

“Jimin-hyung asked to take things slowly, surely that means not babbling to my friends about a relationship that has not happened yet. I don’t know what to tell them because I’m not even sure what our relationship is.”

Namjoon chuckles, “Why don’t ask Jimin what he means by taking things slow?”

“I forgot to ask for his number,” says Jungkook, feeling dumb,

Namjoon laughs, “You know, he lives like four houses from us, just go over.”

Jungkook gasps, “Duh!” he exclaims standing up but stops, “I can’t just show up at his house, it’s weird.”

“Well, you don’t have his number, so you have a reason to go there,” says Namjoon, getting up, “If you don’t make moves little bro, you’ll miss out.”

 

Jungkook watches Namjoon as he walks out of the living room. He was right, he has to go and clarify things with Jimin even if it means looking a little stalkerish by showing up at his house with a lame excuse.

 

Jungkook paces back and forth in front of Jimin’s house, he was not sure if anyone was home. There was no car in the driveway, what are the chances that Jimin would be home on a Saturday. He probably went out with his friends since Jennie was not home either, even though she never said where she was going. He ruffles his hair, changing his mind, as he was about to turn and leave, the door opens.

“Jungkook?” says Jimin. Jungkook stares at him, he chuckles nervously, Jimin smiles, dumbfounded, “What’re you doing here?”

“I was in the neighborhood,” says Jungkook, realizing how lame he sounded, he chuckles, “I just came to say hi.”

“You came to say hi?”

“Yes, I didn’t expect anyone to be home, are you going somewhere?”

Jungkook follows his gaze as Jimin looks at his own clothes, he wasn’t dressed as someone going out- he wore gray sweats with a large white sweater and his hair was unkempt and he also had on glasses.

Did he always wear glasses? Wonders Jungkook, realizing that he has never actually seen him with glasses before.

He looks so cute and small

“I’m just taking the trash out,” says Jimin, adjusting his glasses as he fidgets with his fingers, “do you want to come in?”

“Yeah, sure, I’m here anyway,” says Jungkook, playing it cool, “I’ll throw it away for you.”

“It’s okay,” says Jimin, “You can wait inside.”

Jungkook nods his head, calming himself.

 Keep calm, Jungkook, he didn’t chase you away.