Chapter 12

My Unscripted Life

Jungkook turns to his friends, as they were working on a group assignment, trying to think of ways to bring up the party without weirding them out.

He clears his throat, “Do you guys want to hang out today?”

“Sure,” says Taehyung, “What do you have in mind?”

“A party?”

“Hmm?” says Lisa, “Whose party?”

“It’s next door, Jimin-hyung.”

“Jimin? Jennie’s best friend, a senior party?” exclaims Lisa, mouth wide open in shock, “How did you get invited to a senior party?”

“You’re speaking as if we’re freshman’s,” says Taehyung, “I don’t mind going, it’s been a while since I went to a party.”

“I want to go to,” says Lisa, “But are you sure we’re invited?”

“Of course,” says Jungkook.

“When is it?

Jungkook gasps, Jimin never said what time it was, “I’ll ask him and text you guys.”

“Cool,” they say, going back to their assignment.

***

Jungkook was lying on his bed, with Jimin having dance practice, he couldn’t ask what time his party was. He is positive, Jimin just forgot to tell him, or maybe he could go ask Jennie. He sits up, getting off the bed.

He inhales and exhales, pacing back and forth in front of her door. He reaches for her door, stopping midair, turning back. The door opens and he turns back,

“Noona,” he says.

She stares at him, “Do you want something?”

“No…,” he says,

“Really,” she says, crossing her arms, “You only call me Noona, or sister when you need something?”

Jungkook chuckles, baffled, “That’s bull.”

“Jungkook, what do you want?”

“Are you going to Jimin-Hyung’s party?”

“What is it to you?”

“He invited me, but I forgot to ask the time- “

Jennie laughs, “Jimin invited you to his party,” she cuts him off, “Since when do you go to parties?”

“I have nothing to do, I thought about it, might as well have fun.”

“Can I ask you something?” she says.

“What?”

She takes a step towards him, staring into his eyes as if trying to read his mind, “Do you like Jimin?”

Jungkook’s mouth opens to protest but lost all words, all he could do was burst out laughing. After collecting himself, he gazes at his sister, “Where did you get that idea?”

“I see the way you talk and look at him,” she says, “Just because you learned that Jimin is gay, doesn’t mean he would look at you.”

Jungkook snickers, glaring at his sister, “What you think he is out of my league?”

“I’ve seen his ex-boyfriend, you’re totally not his type, he is into older guys,” she says with a smirk.

Jungkook’s fingers curls into a fist, clenching his jaw, Jennie’s words burned and made his heart ache but he was not about to let her see his pain. 

“Whatever, what time is the party?” he says, dismissing her.

“It’s at eight, just stay away from Jimin,” she says, walking away. Jungkook chuckles, as to not let her words, affect him. The party is at eight, he has all the time to prepare for his confession for Jimin. He wanted to succeed now more than anything just to make Jennie swallow her words.

 

With the party just a next door, it was easy to convince their parents to let them go. After dinner, Jungkook decided to take a shower, as he gets ready, there was a knock on his door. Dressed in navy jeans, and shirtless, he opens the door to see Namjoon.

“Hyung?”

“Hey, let me borrow your laptop,” he says, walking past him.

“Come on in,” he says, sarcastically, closing the door, “What’s wrong with yours?”

“It’s updating,” he says, “I just need to send a quick email.”

Jungkook grabs his laptop and hands it to him, walking back to the closet, looking through it, unable to find anything, worth wearing, all he had were t-shirts, sweaters, and hoodies.

“Have trouble dressing up?”

Jungkook sighs, “I need new clothes.”

Namjoon laughs, “Since when do you care about your appearances?”

“Is it a crime to look nice?”

“Nope,” says Namjoon, “I’m just wondering if it’s because you’re trying to get someone’s attention.”

“Who?’

“Hmmm…his name starts with a J and ends with an N,” says Namjoon. Jungkook scoffs, staring at his brother.

How does he know?

“You think I like Jimin?”

“I know you like Jimin,” says Namjoon, “You should’ve seen yourself at dinner last week.”

“Whatever,” he says, “So what?”

“Nothing, I think it’s cute,” says Namjoon, “Does he know?”

“No.”

“Why not?”

“I never told him,” he says.

“Is it the boyfriend thing?”

“He actually doesn’t have a boyfriend, they broke up.”

“Then what are you waiting for?”

“You think I should tell him?”

“Of course, Jennie and he made up, he is single, take your chance dude.”

“What if he rejects me?”

“At least you were brave enough to let him,” says Namjoon.

“You’re right.”

“Of course, I am,” he says, laughing, getting up, “Hmm, wear the white shirt, and I’ll let you borrow my leather jacket.”

“Thanks.”

 

Namjoon fixes the jacket, as Jungkook stares at himself, he looked handsome and grown, not his usual hoody wearing himself, he loved how the leather jacket made him look, so bad yet so mature.

“Handsome,” says Namjoon.

“Jungkook,” he hears Taehyung call him.

“Oh, Taehyung and Lisa are here,” he says.

“Traveling with your gang, nice, remember confidence, Kookie.”

“Don’t call me Kookie.”

Namjoon laughs, “Hey, be yourself okay, just tell him how you feel.”

“Thanks.”

 

***

The music was loud and could be heard from the outside the house, Jungkook, and his friends exchange glances.

“I can’t believe we are at Jimin’s party,” says Lisa.

“We’ve been to his party before,” says Jungkook.

“A birthday party but never an actual party,” says Taehyung.

“Let’s go in,” says Jungkook.

 

As soon as they entered the house, it was packed, and the booming of the music made his skin tingle and his insides feel like mush. Jungkook scans the room for Jimin, he was really popular, all of San Marino High School seniors must be here.

“So, let’s get something to drink, instead of standing here like freaks,” says Taehyung, pointing towards the table where a bowl of red punch. They walk over to the table, Taehyung pours them some punch, handing it to them.

“Thanks,” they at the same time.

As he sips from the cup, Jungkook’s eyes wander the room, his house was huge, he wouldn’t be surprised if he never bumps into him at his own party. 

“Let’s go dance,” says Lisa.

“You guys go ahead,” says Jungkook.

“I don’t want to dance,” says Taehyung, “Do you think I can get the number of a senior here?”

“Why? You want to date a senior?”

“Of course, they are more experienced-like him,” says Taehyung, pointing to an Asian guy, standing across the room, dressed in black letterman jacket with stars with blue hair, “Oh my god he is so hot.”

“Yeah, he is really good looking, I don’t think he goes to Marino though,” says Lisa, “I’ve never seen him.”

 

The guy turns around as if he can feel them staring at him, Taehyung smiles at him, as Jungkook chuckles. This was the first time, Taehyung expressed an interest in anyone since they have known each other. Jungkook’s eyes widen when he sees Jimin, walking over and joining that guy with his friends, smiling and laughing.

“We should go say hi,” says Jungkook, putting the cup down.

“Say hi to who?” says Lisa.

“To that guy, Taehyung is crushing on,” he says, walking towards them,

“wa-wa-wait up, Jungkook!” exclaims Taehyung, as they catch up to them.

 

Taehyung tugs on his jacket but Jungkook ignores him as they stop in front of them, remembering Namjoon’s words.

Be confident, Jungkook.

“Hi, Jimin-hyung,” he says.

Jimin looks up, smiling widely, as he makes his way to him, “Hey, you made it.”

“Well, all the cool people are here,” he says, clearing his throat, “Hey Jennie.”

Jennie exhales, rolling her eyes, “I’m gonna go get a drink,” she says, bumping his shoulder.

“Anyway, hopefully, my party is cool, and you guys have fun,” says Jimin, “If you guys want beer, it’s under the table.”

“Cool.”

“Cool jacket,” says the guy next to him, he was Korean as well, maybe Lisa is right, and he does not go to Marino High School.

“Thanks,” says Jungkook,

“Oh, this is Yoongi,” says Jimin, “This is Jungkook, Jennie’s younger brother, his friends Taehyung and Lisa.”

“Hi,” says Yoongi.

“Hey,” says Taehyung with a huge smile, “Wow, your hair is cool.”

“Um, thanks,” chuckles Yoongi, “I like your checkered headband.”

Taehyung blushes to touch his headband, as he glances at Jungkook, who chuckles softly, at least he is not shy.

“Oh, I love this song,” says Jimin, taking Yoong’s hand, “Let’s go dance.”

“Um…” says Yoongi but Jimin pulled him with him before he could finish his sentence.

“Of course, he is friends with Jimin,” says Taehyung, disappointed.

 

Jungkook clenches his hands as he watches Jimin drag Yoongi with him to the dance floor, biting his lip.

 

Jungkook leaned against the wall in the corner, drinking a beer, his friends went on and off the dance floor. It’s been an hour and he still had not had a chance to be alone with Jimin, the only reason he came to the party. To make matters worse, Jimin was always with Yoongi, something about how touchy Jimin was with him made his stomach burn with jealousy. Yoongi seemed more than a friend, they seem really comfortable with each other.

“Hey,” says Taehyung, “Why’re you dancing?”

“I don’t want to,” says Jungkook, gulping down the beer,

“Do you think they’re dating?”

“Who?”

“Jimin and Yoongi,” says Taehyung, his cheeks red from the alcohol, “It would .”

“Yeah, it would,” mumbles Jungkook, “I’m gonna go get some fresh air.” 

“Jungkook,” calls Taehyung as Jungkook walks away.

 

As soon as he steps outside, Jungkook inhales the cold air, able to breathe, there were some people sitting outside cuddled up and making out. Jungkook makes his way to one of the cars parked in front of the house. He sits on top of the hood, staring up the sky, disappointed that he lost his opportunity to confess his feelings to Jimin.

 

Not sure how long he has been sitting outside, Jungkook had his eyes closed, tuning out everything.

“Can I join you?”

“Look- “says Jungkook but quiets down when he sees Jimin, he sits up, “Jimin-hyung.”

“Can I sit with you?”

“Um…” says Jungkook, “sure.” He moves over to the side, Jimin smiles, climbing on the hood and sitting beside him, his shoulder touching his.

“I was looking for you.”

“You were?”

“Yeah, but I didn’t want to disturb you since you came with your friends.”

Jungkook scoffs, “You seemed occupied yourself, with Yoongi," he says trying not to be jealous.

“He’s just a friend,” says Jimin, with a serious tone, as if to rid of any misunderstandings.

“Oh, that’s- “says Jungkook,

“I don’t want you to misunderstand me,” says Jimin.

“I’m not misunderstanding you,” says Jungkook.

“Oh, thank god.”

Come on Jungkook, this is a perfect opportunity.

Jungkook clears his throat, “Jimin-hyung,” he says softly.

“Hmm?”

Be honest and sincere.

 He takes a deep breath, turning to Jimin, flashed, forgetting everything as he stared into his eyes, Jimin’s eyes sparkled, and his cheeks rosy, probably from the alcohol, same as him.

“Your jacket looks really cool, so handsome,” says Jimin, in a mere whisper. Jungkook chuckles, blushing,

He smiles, biting his cheek to stop himself from grinning madly, not wanting to scare him away. They sat at such close proximity, and every movement made their shoulders brush against each other.

“Jimin-hyung,” says Jungkook, taking a deep breath, he turns back to him but before he could utter a word, Jimin’s lips were pressed against his. Jungkook’s eye's widened, not sure of what just happened, but found himself, closing his eyes, kissing him back, as his body melted and his heart pounded in his ears and chest. Whatever reason for this kiss, he was not about to stop it. He gently places his hand on his nape, pulling him in for a more passionate deep kiss, as their tongues danced with each other.