Chapter 8

My Unscripted Life

♫La-la-la-la-la-la-la
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do
Da-da-da-da-da. ♫

PS: I'm not good at advice but follow your heart. You can never go wrong there. I'm following my heart right now, pursuing someone I know I shouldn’t, but the heart wants what it wants. LOL, it doesn’t help that he is a total dream boy.

 

Jungkook laughs, staring at the note, “Dream Boy,” he mutters, underneath his breath, “So it’s a girl?”

♫Isn't love all we need? Is it love?
Do-do-do-do-do. ♫

PS: Thanks for the advice. I’ll follow my heart and won’t give up. You shouldn’t either. on the same boat, it seems. Anyway, I hope you’re having a good day because I am.

 

With only a few minutes remaining before the bell rings, Jungkook turns off the computer, getting up from his seat. He pushes the chair in, heading towards the door.

 

As he walks down the hallway towards his foreign class, Japanese, Jungkook had his eyes glued to his phone, playing games. His unbreaking gaze to the phone kept him from noticing all the people walking past him.

Oblivious he turns the corner colliding with someone, books scattered across the floor,

“Damn it!”

Stunned Jungkook looks up to see Jimin, they both stared at each other, one surprised the other one going through the motions of wanting to cuss the person who bumped into him and caused him to drop his stuff.

“Jimin-hyung,” says Jungkook, staring at him blankly,

“Jungkook?” says Jimin.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you,” he says, quickly, apologetically, feeling stupid. 

“It’s okay,” says Jimin, his face softening, kneeling down to pick up the scattered books. Jungkook kneels down to help,

“Where you are going with all these books?”

“Returning to the library,” replies Jimin.

“Library? Shouldn’t you be in class, the bell just rang?”

“I’m a student aid,” says Jimin, “My fifth period is the library.”

“Oh.”

 

After gathering the books, they both stand as the warning bell starts to ring.

“I’ll see you later,” says Jimin.

“Bye,” says Jungkook, standing still as Jimin turns around,

“You’ll be late for class,” exclaims Jimin, waving at him.

Jungkook chuckles, waving at him until Jimin was out of sight. He gasps coming to the realization that he’ll be late for a class which was at the end of the hallway.

 

He reached the classroom just when the teacher was about to close the door. She glares at him, arm crossed as he smiles, walking inside the class. He was parched and his heart throbs inside my chest, he inhales and exhales loudly, making his way to his desk. Taehyung and Lisa both stare at him, perplexed.

Without uttering a word, and with a big grin on his face, Jungkook settles down at his desk, as the teacher walks in front of the class, ready to start the lesson.

“We have a surprise quiz today,” she says in Japanese, as she picks up a stack of papers, “It only consists of ten questions and you have twenty minutes to complete it.”

 

The class roars with complaints as she began handing out the quiz. Jungkook groans, he has been taking Japanese since he was a freshman. His Japanese was decent, not fluent since he never uses it, but he hated taking exams, especially a surprise quiz, he never had a chance to study for. As the stack lands on his desks, he takes one and hands the others to Taehyung, sitting next to him. He stares at the paper that was completely written in Japanese since it was an advanced class.

“I’m screwed,” he mutters underneath his breath.

***

With the sixth period coming to an end, Jungkook was feeling conflicted, unable to decide whether he should go directly home or wait for Jimin, so they walk together. He had nothing to do at home aside from playing video games, but he hated staying after school if it is not for swim practice. But wouldn’t that be stalking? He wonders.

He glances up at the clock, and time was moving slow despite only ten minutes left of class, it was now or never. He sighs, glancing at Taehyung who was spacing out, tapping his pencil on his notebook.

 Maybe I can ask him to stay with me?

Jungkook sighs, remembering that he told his friends he had plans after school, it would be weird if he asks them to stay all of a sudden.

 

The bell finally rings, Jungkook glances at his friends as they put away their books. He grabs his backpack. He had decided to just go home, it would be weird to stay after school out of nowhere, and the last thing he wants is for Jimin to think he is a stalker or something. As they walk out of class, the teacher reminds the students to do their homework.

 

His friends followed him to his locker to get his skateboard. After getting his skateboard, he closes the locker.

“So, you guys really don’t want to do anything today?”

“Let’s go to the movies,” says Taehyung, “I thought about it and I don’t want to be home alone.”

“Awesome!” exclaims Lisa.

“How about you?”

“He has plans,” says Taehyung, sarcastically, “Why’re being so secretive anyway?”

Jungkook scoffs, and as he was about to protest, he spots Jimin walking towards them, he gulps, heart racing as Jimin stops in front of them.

“Hey,” he says, “So are we still hanging out after school?”

“Ahh…yeah, I mean if…you…still want,” he stutters,

“Cool,” says Jimin, “I have practice, but I’ll be home at four so just drop by okay.”

“Okay…”

“Cool, see ya,” he says, smiling, “Hey, Taehyung, Lisa.”

“Hi,” replied Lisa and Taehyung at the same time, eyes widen, staring at him dumbfounded. Jimin smiles, slightly tapping Jungkook on the shoulder as he walks past him. Jungkook chuckles, as he turns around, watching him walk away.

He so cool.

“So, you have plans with Jimin?” asks Taehyung.

“Um…kind of,” he replies, feeling cornered, “Let’s go.”

“Wait…since when do you hang out with Jimin?” asks Lisa.

“He’s Jennie’s best friend.”

“Yeah, and I remember how you always used to ignore him, when did you become friends?” continued Lisa.

“I never ignored hi- “

“Dude you literally used to run away or just walk past him when we were little,” says Lisa, laughing.

“He did?” asks Taehyung, staring at them.

“Look I was a bit anti-social when were kids,” he says defensively, “Jimin-hyung just…he was overly friendly and put me on the spot. I never knew what to say or react to him.”

“Yeah, yeah whatever,” says Lisa, “what’s up with this hang out anyway?”

“Oh, it’s nothing, Jennie and he is not talking at the moment, so he just wants me to help him patch things up with her.”

“Wait, Jennie is his best friend and he wants your help to make up with her?” asks Taehyung, suspiciously, “That’s weird.”

“It’s not that weird- “

“It’s weird alright,” says Lisa, “They’ve been friends since they were kids if anyone knows how to make up with Jennie is Jimin.”

“Why’re you guys making this weird?”

“We’re not,” says Taehyung, “If Jimin was gay, I would say he is hitting on you.”

Jungkook burst out laughing, stunned at what he was hearing,

“Look you’re reading into things, even if he was gay, you really think a guy like Jimin, a senior, popular and handsome, would be interested in me?”

“Well, why not? You’re handsome, smart, …” says Taehyung, his voice trailing off.

“Thanks for the compliments but I don’t think Jimin is hitting on me,” says Jungkook, “He’s like that with everyone.”

 

Finally, home, Jungkook tosses his backpack on the corner of the bed, putting his skateboard back. He heads back downstairs to the kitchen where his mom was.

“Hey,” he says, sitting at the counter stool.

“Hi,” says his mother, “Hungry?”

“Starving.”

“Starving?” she says, laughing, “We can’t have that, now can we? Want a sandwich?”

“Please,” he says, with a huge grin.

 

His mother fixes up a cheese, tomato, lettuce, and onion with toasted bread and hands it to him. Jungkook thanks her, taking a huge bite of the sandwich.

“So how is everything going lately?”

“Everything?” he says, mouth full of food, his word mudded together. His mother glares at him, warning him to chew and swallow his food before talking. Jungkook chuckles, swallowing.

“Everything is fine, we have a competition on the nineteen,” he says.

“I’m sure you guys will do great,” she says.

“I’m sure we will too,” he says, opening a water bottle and gulping it down, “Thanks for the sandwich, I’m gonna go do my homework.” Oh, I’m gonna go out later.”

“Where to?”

“A friend’s house,” he says, as he walks out of the kitchen.

 

Jungkook runs into Namjoon on his way to his room, who was focused on his phone, dressed up.

“Got another date?” teases Jungkook.

“Know how to mind your own business,” replies Namjoon, heading down the stairs.

 Jungkook chuckles, Namjoon has been seeing this Taiwanese-American girl name Jessica Chou for about a month. It is the first girl he has ever been serious about or dated for this long; he usually just spends time with his friends or studying but Jungkook likes him better now. He wasn’t as stressed as he was before.

 

***

Jungkook decided to take a shower before going to Jimin’s house. As he approached the house, he takes a deep breath his heart pounding loudly against his chest wanting to jump out. His hands felt sweaty, this was not the first time going to Jimin’s house. He went plenty of time when he was sent to call Jennie to come home but this time it was different. He was not making an errand for his parents or brother, he was actually going to Jimin’s house for himself, and the whole thing felt surreal.

Standing in front of the door, he takes a deep breath, telling himself to relax.

You’re just two friends hanging out right? Just breath.

He takes a deep breath, and knocks on the door, looking around the quiet neighborhood as he waits for the door to open. He notices Jimin’s parent's car are not in the drive away, he smiles,

“ this means we’re going to be alone, together?” he mutters, underneath his breath, as his heart beat spikes up, beating so loudly, he felt like he is going to have a heart attack. Wouldn’t that be dramatic?

The door opens after a while and Jimin stands in front of him, dressed in black Nirvana V-neck loosely fit shirt with gray puma sweats. Jungkook lets his eyes linger a bit at his chest, so enticing. Jungkook lifts up his eyes to meet his gaze and smiles.

Jimin smiles back, exposing his crescent-shaped monolid that are the perfect eye smiles Jungkook has ever seen on anyone. One of the reasons, he loses all senses when Jimin smiles, it was so soft and yet deadly.

“Come in,” says Jimin, moving out of the way, brushing his hair back, a habit of his since he was young, “Sorry I was in my room and didn’t hear the bell.”

“It’s fine,” says Jungkook, walking in, the house looked the same as any house, family portraits, awards, flowers, and yet at that moment Jungkook found it to be the most beautiful house he has ever laid his eyes on.

“Let’s go to my room,” says Jimin, gesturing with his head. Jungkook nods his head, silently.

 

Jimin opens the door, letting Jungkook walk in first, Jungkook gawks at the room, impressed, he pictured his room different, but it was so casual and simple but smells so good and fresh. Not many decorations, the entire room was a different shade of light blue and dark blue, its safe to say he likes blue.

“Is this the first time you’ve been in my room?” asks Jimin.

“Huh? Oh yeah.”

“Well be comfortable,” he says, “Want something to drink?”

“I’m fine, thanks.”

“Okay,” says Jimin, sitting on the bed. Jungkook’s eyes wander, looking for somewhere to sit. He walks over the computer chair, turning it around and sitting down.

 

It was silent as they gaze at each other, chuckling, Jungkook curses at himself to say something but his mind was blank. Jimin stares at him, raising his eyebrows and smiles as if asking him to say something but what? Jungkook’s eyes wander around for any picture of a boyfriend but there was nothing, just a photo of his family on his nightstand.

Jungkook clears his throat, as he opens to say something, Jimin gets up, walking to the stereo next to his computer. Jungkook watches him as he picks up his cell phone, and starts playing music, not too loud, the song was unfamiliar, but it sounds like an old song.

Remembering what Lisa said about Jennie and Jimin looking fine, Jungkook couldn’t help but wonder why Jimin would invite him to his place just to talk about something he can handle himself. Maybe Taehyung is right? What if Jimin is hitting on him? But that’s impossible, he has a boyfriend, Jungkook wonders as he stares at him.

 

 “I was so surprised when I heard you have a boyfriend,” he blurts out, regretting it as soon as the words left his mouth.

“Boyfriend?” says Jimin, turning around, “Who told you that?”

“My brother Namjoon saw you guys at the mall,” he says, quietly, trying not to sound disappointed.

“He did?” says Jimin, staring at him, puzzled.

“Yeah, anyway how long have you two been together?”

“Hmm…I don’t have a boyfriend,” says Jimin.

“What!”

“I mean I did but we broke up,” he says, “It’s a pain dating someone from a different school.” Jungkook quiets down, he felt his heart breath as butterflies swarmed his belly, Jimin is single. He clears his throat, trying not to smile or be obvious.

“That , I thought you like dating from a different school, or at least that’s what I heard.”

Jimin scoffs, gazing at him for what felt like an eternity, his eyes piercing, he looked amused, as he smirks.

“You seem to pay attention to me a lot,” he says, in a low tone.

Jungkook chuckles, nervous, “You’re so popular hyung…. every…everyone pays attention to you.” 

“Do they?”

“Yes, don’t pretend you don’t know,” he teases, trying to be indifferent.

“Do you have a boyfriend Jungkook?” asks Jimin.

Jungkook’s mouth opens, taken aback at the sudden random question about his love life.

“Me?”

“Yes, you.”

Jungkook shakes his head no, mouth almost to dry to speak as his mind croaks out.

“Really? You must be picky then,” he says, jokily, laughing.

“I’m not picky,” says Jungkook, defensively.

“Then why don’t you have a boyfriend, your handsome and like super smart.”

“Yeah but I’m also anti-social and weird so- “

“Anti-social yes but if weird you mean cute than yeah you are,” he says, smiling, looking directly into his eyes.

Jungkook stares at him blushing, did he just call me cute.

Jimin giggles, “You’re blushing.”

“What?” says Jungkook, feeling embarrassed, touching his cheeks, “No I'm not.”

Jimin laughs, biting his lower lips, picking up his phone, “What kind of music do you like?”

“Hmm?”

“Here,” says Jimin, walking over and handing him his phone, “Pick a song.”

“Um…” says Jungkook, taking the phone, not sure of what to do. He looks up at Jimin who nods his head, and glances back at the phone, scrolling through his playlist. His eyes widen when he sees Honey by Kehlani, without hesitation, he presses play.

“That’s my favorite,” says Jimin, smiling as he moves his head to the music. Jungkook laughs, handing him his phone back.

“Mine too.”

“And here I thought Jennie and being gay are the only things we have in common,” jokes Jimin, Jungkook laughs, watching him, dance to the music. Jungkook slightly moves his head to the music, feeling the tension melt away, getting comfortable.

“You must love dancing,” he says.

“Of course, it’s the most honest way to communicate,” replies Jimin.

“Also, to stay fit,” teases Jungkook.

“That’s also true, do you dance?”

Jungkook laughs, “Me? no, I wouldn’t know how to dance if my life depended on it.”

“Stand over here,” says Jimin, pointing in front of him, Jungkook chuckles, confused.

“Why?”

“Pretty please.”

“Oh…okay,” he says, but it was hard to say no, no matter how nerve-wracking it was to be near him. Jungkook stands a foot away, Jimin chuckles taking a step forward. Jungkook watches him, not sure of what he was doing. Silent, Jimin walks, slowly eyes gazing directly into Jungkook’s eyes, making his heart race, as he follows him with his eyes. Jimin stops behind him, close enough to hear his breathing, his orange blossom cologne made lungs expanded with briny air and dizzy, feeling breathless.

“You see dancing is all about being loose,” says Jimin, his voice low, rhythmic and soft, as he gently places his hands on Jungkook’s hips, who flinches, surprised but remains still.

“You don’t think about dancing, you just feel it, take a deep breath, exhale, and listen to the music,” he says.

Jungkook felt his body tingle as Jimin’s warm breath brushed against his neck, his entire body aware of Jimin, his hands on his hips, his breath, his cologne, and his low soft voice, driving him crazy. Jimin removes his hands, circling again until he was standing in front of him, looking directly into his eyes, taking Jungkook’s hands and placing them on his waist, and his hands on his shoulders. Standing face to face, a few inches apart.

“We always do slow dances in dance class,” he says,

 Jungkook chuckles, swallowing hard, as his eyes scan his Jimin’s eyes, “Why?”

“It helps us to become loose and intimate, so we can easily touch each other without freaking out,” he says, “It takes why the shyness.”

“It’s oddly intimate,” says Jungkook unable to look at him in the eyes.

“Well, dancing is like making love,” he says, his words soft with the smile that already played on his face. Tempting.

Jungkook chuckles softly, he meets Jimin’s gaze, unable to control it. He has always felt like Jimin was out of reach but now standing here in front of him, the way he was looking at him…something sparked in him, something he has never felt before- Jimin was flirting with him.

Certain he forgot how to breathe, as his scent drew him in, sharing the same air, Jungkook’s jaw clenched, as they gaze at each other, it was as if time had stood still. His gaze dropped to his mouth and everything else disappeared, not sure of who closed the distances, but they close their eyes as their lips meet. His lips soft and sweet, tasted fresh with a hint of mint, and chocolate, was he eating ice cream?

A kiss that came with electric tingles, deep and breathing as their hearts pounded and heat from their body merged..  

 

Jimin breaks the kiss, pausing, his eyes widen, his gaze traveled over his face. They stared at each other, breath ragged and uneven.

“Don’t,” he says, taking a step back.

Not sure of what to say, Jungkook replays what happened in his head. Surprised at himself, he couldn’t believe he just kissed him. or did Jimin kiss him? everything was messy, his thoughts, and his feelings.

“Um…look, I’m so…sorry about…that’s no…” he stutters, trying to form a sentence but it seemed like his mind was in a frenzy as well. Jungkook glances at him, not sure of what to say either. He didn’t come here with the expectation of kissing Jimin, a kiss he has dreamed and hoped since he was twelve and now that it happened, what happens now?