Chapter 7

My Unscripted Life

Friday 

He was riding a skateboard. He felt a hand on his shoulder and came to a halt. He turns around, a familiar person stood behind him, with a soft smile. Silent, he tiptoes, leaning in, as their eyes closed then he felt his lips pressed against his cheek, soft and with the smallest hint of coolness. His scented body made him swoon. Then he spoke, a mere whisper, as his breath brushed against his ear.

“I love you.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes flung open, heart pounding and mind empty, as the alarm buzzed and sang on top of the drawer. He takes a deep breath exhaling, every thought in high definition as he reaches over, turning on the lights. A smile on his face as he thinks about the dream he just had, he caresses his checks, chuckling,

“, I’m going crazy,” he mutters, amazed by how real his dream felt. He has never had such an intense dream before or maybe he did, and just forgot about it. He glances over at the alarm that was still buzzing, he reaches over and presses the snooze button, shaking his head in disbelieve. Wondering if he had just a dream because Jimin held his hand yesterday? It was the closest he has ever felt to him, so his mind and body might be trying to make sense of his emotions, either way, that was the best dream he has had in years.

Jungkook smiles, lying back on the pillow, staring at the ceiling, remembering Jimin’s plead to help him make up with his sister, an opportunity to be near him without being weird.

“!” he exclaims, jumping off the bed, and running to the bathroom, remembering he has to get ready for school.

 

After getting dressed and grabbing his stuff, Jungkook heads downstairs where he can hear his mother’s voice. She was off which means breakfast will be served, full course breakfast, not just sandwiches and muffins.

He quickly makes his way into the kitchen, “Good morning.”

“Good morning,” replies his mother, dumbfounded. Jungkook inhales, loving the sizzling scented smell of the bacon and eggs.

“Wow, smells yummy.”

“You’re in a good mood,” says his mother, “Anything special happens?”

Jungkook chuckles, “No, just had a good night sleep.”

“That’s great,” says his mom, handing him a plate of sunny side up eggs, with three strips of bacon on the side with toast and small home fries.

“Thank you,” he says, taking the plate, and making his way to the dining room, where Namjoon, Jennie and his father are sitting.

“Good morning dad,” he greets, taking his seat.

“Good morning,” replies his father, “You look happy.”

“Well, Fridays are my favorite because we get to eat mom’s breakfast in the morning.”

“Kiss ,” teases Namjoon.

“I’m not,” says Jungkook, glaring at him.

“Are too,” says Jennie, “I don’t see you starving on other days.”

“Shut up.”

Their father clears his throat, giving them the warning to cut it out before he says something. They quiet down, as Jungkook glares at them. He exhales not wanting to ruin his mood.

“So, did you make up with Jimin?” he asks, pouring orange juice in a glass.

Jennie stares at him, silent for a second, “Mind your own business.”

“I’m just curious, he was here yesterday for a long time,” he says.

“So, what?”

“It’ll be a shame if you stop being friends because he doesn’t feel the same way about you.”

“ you!”

“Jennie!” scolds their father.

“Sorry dad, tell him to mind his own damn business,” she says, defensively “Why this sudden interest in our friendship? Just because he bats for your team.”  

“I’m just curious okay,” he says.

“Well, you can shove it,” she says, getting up from the chair, and walking away.

“What did I say?” asks Jungkook, puzzled as he glances at Namjoon who just shrugs his shoulders.

“Stop involving yourself in your sister’s problems,” says his mother, walking in the dining room.

Jungkook sighs, “Sorry mom.”

 

***

Jungkook closes the door behind him, he looks up and spots Jimin on his skateboard, approaching them. He glances over at Jennie who was still angry but couldn't decipher if the anger was directed towards him or Jimin or both.

“Hey Jennie, Jungkook” greets Jimin, coming to a stop in front of them.

“Hey,” she says clearing , walking away before he could utter another word. Jungkook watches her and turns back to Jimin who sighs loudly. Jungkook smiles, nervously as he tries to remain cool, but his mind was quickly overtaken by flashes of his dream, and his face heated up as his heartbeat starts to accelerate. His eyes fall down to his lips- his bottom lip is slightly thicker than his top lip, a bit uneven but plump with a perfect shade of red. Jungkook let his linger for a few seconds, wondering what his lips would taste like?

He must be a really good kisser.

“Hmm?” says Jimin bringing out of his head as his eyes meet his, “What did you just say?”

“What?”

“Who’s a good kisser?” asks Jimin, staring at him dumbfounded.

Jungkook chuckles, “I didn’t say anything,” he says, defensively, mortified, frozen to the spot, couldn’t believe he said that out loud, he thought it was in his head.

Jimin laughs, staring at him with a suspicious look, “Whatever,” he says, “you’re weird.”

Feeling embarrassed, Jungkook sighs, annoyed at himself, “Anyway, have you thought about what you’re going to do about Jennie?” he says, changing the subject.

“Hmm? Not really,” says Jimin, “Maybe I should just give her some space, she’ll come around eventually.” 

“Oh? So, you don’t need my help anymore,” asks Jungkook, feeling disappointed.

“Your help?” says Jimin, silent for second before gasping, “Oh, yesterday, no you can still help me come up with some ideas to win her trust back. Have you thought of anything?”  

“Um…” before Jungkook could say anything the door opens, and it was his mother, holding a trash bag, she stares at them with questioning eyes.

“Are you boys supposed to be heading to school?”

“We’re going now mom,” says Jungkook, glancing over at Jimin.

“Hurry up now. You don’t want to be late, do you?”

“No aunty,” says Jimin, “Let ‘go.”

 

They wave goodbye at her as they get on their skateboards, heading to school. Upon reaching the school they get off their skateboards, picking them up.

“Um…” says Jimin, “You can come over and we’ll brainstorm together okay.”

“Come over?”

“Yeah, at my house, I have dance practice today, but we can meet up later,” says Jimin, “Unless you have plans then…”
“I don’t have any plans,” Jungkook says quickly, not believing what he just heard. Jimin actually invited him over at his house after school.

“Okay, I’ll see you,” says Jimin, walking away.

“See ya,” says Jungkook, waving at him as he watches him walk away as he was quickly joined by his friends on the way. Jungkook smiles, placing his hand on his chest, wondering if he was still dreaming? Did Jimin really ask him to come over?

“Boo!” someone exclaims, pushing him as Jungkook holds his balance, startled and annoyed. He turns around and sees Taehyung and Lisa who were laughing.

“You’ve got to stop spacing out so easily,” says Taehyung.

“I wasn’t,” he says, slightly annoyed but quickly began to smile again at the thought of being alone with Jimin at his house.

“Why are you smiling like that?” asks Lisa, exchanging glances with Taehyung before turning to him.

“No reason,” he says, “Today’s going to be a good day.”

“Did you fall off the bed or something?” asks Taehyung.

Jungkook shakes his head no, “So did you go to the dance, Lisa?”

“No,” she says, “You guys ditched me, who was I supposed to go with?”

“Here is an idea, get a boyfriend,” teases Taehyung.

“I don’t want a boyfriend, I wanted to go with my two best friends.”

“Well, sorry to disappoint,” says Taehyung, “You know I’m not into school dances.”

“Yeah, me too,” says Jungkook.

“Whatever,” says Lisa, “So what’re you guys doing today? want to catch a movie?”

“I have plans,” says Jungkook.

Lisa and Taehyung stare at him, silent for what seemed an eternity. Shocked.

“You have plans?” asks Lisa.

“Probably video games,” says Taehyung, “Since when do you have plans on Friday?”

“Since today,” replies Jungkook, “It’s not so weird.”

“Yes, it is,” says Lisa, “We’ve known you for how long? You never have plans aside from swim practice and the times we invite you out.”

“I make plans,” says Jungkook defensively.

 

His friends burst out laughing, in disbelieve as Jungkook rolls his eyes, dismissing them. The bell rings, and they start walking heading to class.

 

***

San Marino High School was back to normal, all the Valentines Day decoration were removed, the teachers were back to being boring and strict again. Despite already having four homework from his classes, Jungkook was still in a good mood which made his friends stare at him weirdly.

It was finally lunch time and feeling eccentric, he made his way to the library to share his happiness with his anonymous friend, feeling like he could pour out his heart and not worry about being judged or weird stares. As much as he could tell Taehyung and Lisa everything, he told them about his crush on Jimin for the sole reason of avoiding looking like a fool. Jimin is popular and everyone would die to go out with him, what’s special about him? At the very least, his friends will laugh at him for even thinking he might have a chance. At least with his anonymous friend, he doesn’t have to worry about being outed or have his dreams shattered. Nothing might happen between Jimin and him, and if that’s the case, he would rather keep his feelings a secret from the people he knows. Besides it is easier to talk to strangers then people he knows., it’ll only make things worse.