Chapter 06

Love At Gunpoint
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's a nice, long chapter for you, guys. ^^

Enjoy! <3

 

The next morning Yunho couldn’t get out of the house fast enough.

Out of bed.

Away…

He had hardly slept after that embarrassing session. And all of the following tries; including movies - some of them really weird - but hey, they didn’t feature Jaejoong, so it was worth a try, had come to naught.

And so here he was; dressed in a loose t-shirt and sweatpants; his was still pretty sensitive after last night, so tight pants were a no-no, and running along the road to the nearby park; ready for an early morning workout.

Seems he needed to convince himself and his wavering mind, that he wanted to fight the Kim heir and not him...

 

Jaejoong was glad his dad decided to not ground and lock him inside his room. He actually was allowed outside as long as there were no gang-fights going on or something like that. It still felt like he was locked inside of a golden cage; still treated like the princess his father saw him as, and Jae hated it so much; so incredibly much.

He was in a constant bad mood since he came home last night. It was so bad that his dad had sent him up to his room again in the middle of their dinner and Jae got his breakfast inside his room too. But somehow he could understand why, he was snapping at his sisters and his mother and didn't even look at his father at all.

So now, after he brought his breakfast dishes back to the kitchen, Jaejoong was on his way to his father’s office. He wanted the key for the showcase his gun was in. It was so stupid tho, why would he get a gun for his birthday and not be allowed to use it? Not even for shooting practice?!! It was his luck that his other family members were out, shopping or something today though; and they would be gone the whole day. All his sisters were with them, and most of the clan was in their own home, with their own families, just the ones single were still at the house, but because it was their day off they just hung around and did nothing.

Jae was pretty much on his own and no one watched him, not even one man saw how he entered his Dad's office, got the key and exited the room again.

The showcase of his gun was placed in their library, easy access there too. And once Jaejoong had his gun stored away safely under his black hoodie so no one saw it, he brought the key back to its original place.

Before he left, however, he went and told one of their men in charge of being the guard at their entrance at the moment, he would go outside for a walk, probably at the park. So they knew where he was and that he wasn't too far away in case his father wanted him home again if they happened to be back earlier than expected.

That done, Jae was now slowly walking to the park in their neighborhood; he was in no rush today and he just took his gun for safety reasons. He already ran into that Jung heir once already and he didn't want to be without any weapon this time.

 

Arriving at the park; Yunho found a spot under one of the big cherry blossom trees. It was a good way off from the paths where people were walking their dogs or ran by on an early morning jog. And it was the best place he’d been able to get since most of the green area further away was occupied by a group of ajumas doing yoga. They’d actually asked him to join them as he walked by; calling him “handsome” while pinching his arms and cheeks. But Yunho had politely declined the offer of training next to them. Figuring they might not appreciate it when he started cursing a certain Kim brat for the fresh -stains on his sheets.

Having found the perfect place in the shade of the tree trunk, Yunho quickly got immersed in his training. Putting his body and mind to work; hoping to erase any trace left from the previous night. He had left Tae at home; the puppy having completely hogged his leather-jacket. In fact, he didn’t even move from where he lay snuggled up in it when Yun scratched his ears that morning before he left.

Yunho practiced his flying kicks first; wanting to perfect the landing. Threw punches at the air and practiced ducking too; (for the sake of his nose.^^) Did push-ups until wet patches appeared on the back of his t-shirt and in a dark triangle on his chest. The sweat making his hair stick to his forehead. But that’s how he wanted it. Yunho wanted to push himself; force his body and mind to the brink, so there was no more room for unwanted thoughts.

And it worked for a while… Right until he allowed himself to think of Jaejoong again. Just a fleeting thought of how it would be if he actually was able to land that punch. Ram his fist into that pretty face. (“Wait! Pretty???!”) He shook himself with a low growl.

Nope! Better not go there…

 

As Jaejoong reached the park, he shortly stopped at its entrance, breathed in the much cleaner air and let his eyes sweep over the green areas he could see and finally a small smile showed on his lips. Here he didn't feel trapped, even if he knew his father and their men were just within reach – well, not really, but the house wasn't too far away. But he was out, fresh air and green grass. No locked windows and a watchdog standing in front of the door.

Jae was tired of the antics his father showed but on the other hand he didn't want to disappoint his old man either.

While he let his thoughts float his feet took him for a slow walk on one of the smaller pebble stone paths, there were less people and it was more quiet; exactly what he needed right now. There were just some grannies doing their yoga and for a moment he stopped to watch them, admiring how flexible they still were and hoping, if he would get to be this old, he would be like this still too. Jaejoong's eyes widened, watching one of the old ladies folding herself in half... his thighs already hurt just watching this and that was his cue to leave quickly. Sports were meh anyway. The teenager took the path further down, near the cherry trees. There would be enough shadow and less people, to sit down on the grass for a bit and relax.

 

Yunho did his routine once, and then when he was done, he did it again. And again...

He kept going until his body forced him to stop. He fell onto the grass on his back; utterly exhausted. Here he lay, panting; his chest moving rapidly up and down as the sound of his loudly thumbing heartbeat filled his ears. It took a while before he was even able to sit up, and when he did his eyes fell on the cherry blossom tree he’d camped under. It looked almost relieved to see him taking a break as it was its poor trunk which had had to bear the well-aimed hits from his high kicks just now. Maybe he was getting better.

Reaching into his bag, he pulled out a water bottle and after drinking his fill, he poured some over his face too. “Aaaah!” The coolness felt heavenly, and he was unable to contain the moan. Thus refreshed, Yunho made to get up, but just then his phone rang.

Should have left that thing behind, he thought, seeing it was a call from home. But he still picked up.

“Young Master, where are you???!” Great! His Babysitters were on to him.

“I’m out,” he answered; sounding as annoyed as he felt. “Dad knows.” That was only a half-lie; he had left a note. But had decided not to tell his father in person. Because let's face it, had he told his old man that he was going to the public park, half a dozen men in black tuxes would be spread out around him now, pretending to do stretches... If the Yoga Noonas didn’t get them first, of course. And Yunho really needed his alone-time.

“Young Master, You need to come home. It's Taepoong, he's – he's trying to kill himself!!!” Yunho stood up at the mention of his puppy, but the next words made him relax again.

“Let me guess, he stuck his head in the water bowl, right?”

“Yes. What should we do???! He's been in there for a while...”

“Don’t worry, he does that sometimes. Just leave him alone, and he’ll come back up when he’s bored.” Admitted. The first time Yunho saw his pup with his whole face emerged under water, he had swooped in and scooped him up; just like any worried parent would. But no sooner had he done his little rescue-mission before Tae plopped his head right back in. He even managed to give Yunho an annoyed look from beneath the water-surface. Clearly his little husky was quite the waterdog and didn’t need saving. Ending the call just like that, Yun got back into a fighting stance, and he fixed the sakura-tree with a glare.

Sorry… But since that brat isn’t here, you’ll have to do…

 

The moment Jaejoong rounded another corner, on his way to a more secluded place to sit, he spotted something... or better someone, he hoped he wouldn't see again.

Great! Of course he has to be here again too! Just my luck, like always! Jae thought with a curse as he stared hard at the Jung heir. While doing so, he noted the other was pretty wet; sweating probably. How disgusting!

Bet he smells real bad too! Jae shortly shuddered at the thought. Patting his gun quick, to reassure himself it was still there, and then he stomped a little closer to where Yunho was. The place Jaejoong originally wanted to seek shelter at.

“Hey! Why am I always so unlucky to meet you wherever I go?! You are not stalking me, are you?!” Well, after he said this Jae realized how not possible that would be, but he acted like nothing wrong was said anyway. Not gonna lose my face in front of that !

 

Yunho chuckled darkly at the sound of that voice. Well, this was just great!!! But then again, he had said that brat’s name quite a few times today; maybe he’d conjured him up like some nightmare ghost.

Turning, Yun snorted at the other’s words; spat on the ground.

“What?! Me!!! Stalking you???!” He rubbed his forehead against his arm, and then went for his water bottle again; suddenly it was too hot.

Walking passed the other boy, he turned slightly and looked at him; seized him up while taking big gulps of water.

“As you can see, I was here first, so if anyone is stalking someone-” He just left it there; walking around the other now to get to his towel. Grabbing it, he shook his head. And watched with badly hidden satisfaction as the Kim heir jerked back a step to avoid getting hit by the droplets flying off of him. Towel now around his shoulders, Yunho spoke again.

“What are you doing here anyway? After you hurt your arm last time, I thought your Daddy had put you in a body cast or something.” While speaking, Yunho’s eyes instinctively went to the part of Jaejoong’s body in question; gaze scanning over it, but unable to see much... Not that he cared or anything, of course.

Before Jae could answer him though, a voice rang out behind them: “There you are, young man! I’ve been running all over to find you.” Yun’s eyebrows rose in surprise as he saw one of the Yoga Noonas come towards them; waving and smiling. In fact, he recognized her as one of those most eager to squeeze his cheeks.

“Halmoni, what are you doing here?” he called, returning the wave. The little old lady came up to them, and Yun let her lean against him as she caught her breath. “My friend saw you on her way to the bathroom just now,” she said, and pet Yunho on the cheek; clearly still loving his face. “Said you were working so hard, so I decided to bring you some fruit.” At that, she whipped out a small plate loaded with cut out pieces

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter