Chapter 15

Love At Gunpoint
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! ^^/

Better late than never...
Please enjoy this new chapter of LAG.

 

It was a good five months of accidental meetings and squabbles that Jaejoong stood inside the old factory again. Along the way he accepted that he had to share this hideout with Yunho, he wouldn't call the other 'friend' but they did exchange their numbers and meetings that were unintentional became kind of agreed meet ups sometimes.

They managed to clean up a tiny bit, mostly the rusty door, the stairs and the little control room upstairs they were in most of the time.

In this time Yunho learned too that Jaejoong could actually talk more than just insulting him or few word answers. In the beginning Jae was loathing his mouth and brain; hated so much that he started to be comfortable enough to let his mouth run loose sometimes. And he hated so much that Yunho was the reason. But with time Jae learned too that it was good for him and his jumbled mind to just speak, speak with someone else that was not his sisters, family, the clan. Even if that someone was Yunho.

It got more easy too, cause his dad didn't let him go to work with the clan on the outside any longer. Not that Jaejoong was happy about this, but it meant that he wouldn't meet Yunho in the brawls anymore and like that it was more easy to see the other not so much as 'The Enemy' anymore. Though in exchange of not going to work with the clan outside, Jae managed to get the deal that he was allowed to seriously train at the shooting range and he was able to make his dad proud there at least; seemed like he was a brilliant shooter in the making.

 

Yunho survived his two months of confinement. And to be honest he felt more sorry for Tae than for himself. Cause for 3 full days after that little talk with his father, his poor pup had an upset stomach and was affectionately known around the mansion as the: “Poop-anator.” But true to himself, Tae bounced right back, and actually got his own little form of payback as he made sure to leave his “signature” on one of Yun’s Dad’s favourite suits. And Jung Senior showed a bit of character then as he let it slide. He had kinda asked for that one, after all.

After that time seemed to just fly by. And for soon-to-be 6 months, Jae and he had been making the hideout theirs. They weren’t best of friends by any means, but Yunho had come to appreciate the company of the other teen more than he cared to admit. Now he actually hoped that Jae would come join him at the old factory building, and he felt a strange tightening in his gut when the other boy wasn’t already there when he arrived or if he didn’t pick up the phone right away when he called to hear if he was coming that day.

“Hey Princess! Where are you?? I’m hungry!” He would often say when there was a voice at the other end. ‘Princess’ of course being purred out in just the way he knew Jae hated it. He was counting on Jaejoong to bring their food and in exchange he brought Tae, snacks and booze, so it seemed like a fair trade.

And between the two of them, the old factory was actually starting to look pretty good. Sure. It was still old and rundown, but they had at least managed to make it suitable for two boys and a puppy. Tae even had his own bed there next to the place where they usually hung out. And he always became excited when he realized that they were going to the factory. Knowing that’s where Jae was; the wonderful human who always brought yummy things and gave the best belly-rubs; but sssh… don’t tell his Daddy.

Speaking of Jae, Yunho was happy to see how much he had opened up to him. Well, at least he was actually speaking to him more than a few sentences; in fact he sometimes talked- a lot! But Yun kinda liked it. He enjoyed the sound of Jaejoong’s voice, and even though it could sometimes be tough to keep track of his flood of words, Yunho still tried. And surprisingly enough, he managed to figure out what the other meant.. Most of the time.

 

And now, while humming some random tune, Jae set up the blanket they had stored in the control room. He had brought a cold stew and cookies, both new recipes and sent a message to Yunho to come and be his taster. At least Yunho would be honest if something didn't taste good. Unlike his sisters, or the men of the clan, they all thought they had to sugar-coat their word. Of course Jaejoong would be upset if something wasn't good, but then at least he would be able to change the recipe to make it tasty. He was quite nervous about the cold stew though; it being his first time making something like this, but he thought, with the days getting warmer again, they would need something refreshing. Of course Jae packed some treats for Taepoong too, hoping Yunho would bring the fast-growing puppy today as well.

 

Going into the old factory, Yunho could hear Jae rummaging around upstairs. And so could Tae clearly as he began to whine; demanding to be put down. Yun chuckled at his eager fur-baby, and after kissing his nose sent him off racing up the stairs to greet Jae. Yunho knew well by now that the other teen was more excited to see the pup than him anyway.

“Oi Princess! Your favourite boy is here!” he called, and followed right behind Tae; carrying his bag, which today held some bottles of cider and soju that he had sneaked out of his father’s fridge at home. Expensive stuff. But hey, if you’re gonna steal, why not steal the good stuff? And a bag of the spiced and dried seaweed that Jae seemed to love. Not that that had anything to do with anything, of course...

Yunho came up the stairs, and just in time too. He watched with a proud grin as Tae strutted across the floor to Jae wearing his new vest. It was red with “K9; (Canine) - BADDEST PUP IN TOWN!” written on the sides and suited the husky perfectly.

“Don’t look at me. He's the one who wanted to dress up,” Yunho came over and put his backpack down on the floor. “So, what are you going to poison me with today?” He winked at the other, choosing not to tell that he’d skipped breakfast this morning.

 

Jaejoong was able to hear Yunho and Taepoong were there even before the other teen called out to him, because of how eager the husky was; his claws scratching over the mostly metal steps of the stairs.

“Awwwww yes! My favorite boy really is here now!” And he dropped onto the floor right away to cuddle Tae, looking up at Yunho after seeing what was written on the vest the husky wore. “Well, he has better fashion sense than his owner,” he said, sticking out his tongue at Yunho with a grin.

“Poison?!” Hey, it was a manly shriek okay?!

Clearing his throat Jae sat up, letting go of Tae and reaching for his bag anyway. “I thought because it is getting warmer now, at least over the days, and I didn't know if we will still do some work here... I made a cold noodle stew, just a little bit spicy and hopefully refreshing. It's my first time making it, though. I hope it tastes good, my sisters said it does, but you know how they are with me, so I hope to have your honest opinion again.”

While talking Jaejoong got out two containers with the stew, holding out one of them to Yunho. “And cookies, double chocolate vanilla cookies!” The dark haired teen suddenly said, looking at the other with bright eyes and a smile, but that only lasted directed at Yunho till Tae nudged Jaejoong's knee. “Ah! Of course! I got something for you too!” Another container was pulled out and opened, placed in front of the husky. “Boneless freshly cooked chicken with steamed vegetables!”

Sometimes, if Jae was bored at home, he would also cook for Taepoong, so the dog didn't always get just canned and dried food.

 

Yunho glanced down at himself and pouted a little when Jae mentioned his clothes. Okay. So maybe his black tee and ripped jeans weren’t exactly haute couture, but he had put on a ridiculously amount of deodorant and a fresh pair of boxers; not that Jae was gonna see them anyway. He didn’t mind losing to Tae in this game tho, and instead focused his attention on the food that Jae had brought for them.

“Yeah. Poison. I haven’t forgotten the Eel Incident!!” Yunho dropped his voice as if speaking the name of something sinister. “I puked my guts out for an hour!” Whoever said eels were good for the virility could go themselves! Sure. It might have happened only once, and the times that Jae had brought something he didn’t like could still be counted on one hand, but Yunho of course was not gonna let him forget it.

Yunho took the offered food now and sat down on the blanket that Jae had laid out for them. The food smelled delicious, and he was unable to stop himself and dug right in. “Uhm. Mgwad…” he moaned around the spoon in his mouth. “No lie, Princess… This is great!”

He watched, smiling then as his puppy got his own bowl of food too; Tae Jae’s hands in thanks before he started munching on the chicken and veggies. “Someone is one spoiled pupper…” he said; knowing that he was just as guilty as Jae in this department. “Thanks for cooking for him too though. You didn’t have to.” He said this every time and Jae never listened. What’s new?

After wolfing down a couple of big spoonfuls, Yun suddenly turned and dug into his backpack. “I brought these…” he said; holding up the bottles of soju and cider. “I don’t know how the soju is, but my Dad kept it in this fancy fridge, so can’t be that bad.” He handed Jae a bottle of the booze before he resumed eating.

 

Jae grumbled, first because he HATED that he actually made something puke-wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter