Chapter 11

Love At Gunpoint
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! ^^/
This month's chapter comes to you 1 day late because of the holidays.
But hey, better late than never, right? 

Please enjoy the continuation of Yunjae's disastrous date. XD

Yunho heard Jae’s brave but hopeless protest and he had to commend the other teen for that little piece de resistance. Actually he was short on joining in with a “No!” of his own, but then he remembered what had happened the last time he’d spoken up; and so decided that the best course of action was to just keep his mouth shut for now. It didn’t make the walk to the ice cream place any less torturous though.

On the way they passed an elevator, two escalators, even a freaking emergency exit! Yunho was watching them all longingly; asking himself why he was doing this again? It would be so easy to just make a run for it. Okay, maybe not that easy, he thought, looking at the Kim sister who had her arm linked with his. Why were these girls so crazily strong again??? And that wasn’t even the worst part. No. You see, Yunho and the sister holding onto him were at the back of their little group and she had a habit of calling out to the others and when they turned to look at her, she would wave the arm which she had linked with Yunho’s; as if to say: “I’ve still got him!”

Thankfully for Yunho’s pride, Jaejoong stopped turning around after the first two times. As they finally arrived at the ice cream place, Yun noticed two things. 1. The place looked like Tinkerbell just threw up in there; everything was glitter and sparkles, and then with a little more glitter on top. And 2. Pretty much every person there was wearing these hats which could make anyone look like a complete nutjob.

A few moments later as they were waiting in line, Yun managed to escape his chaperone long enough to get to Jae. He nudged the other teen with his hip before leaning in to whisper in his ear. “You know, I might actually survive this if I can get some of that strawberry ice cream; looks like there’s real, fresh strawberries in there. But I swear to Gawd, if they make us wear those stupid hats, I’m gonna kill myself!”

 

The way Jaejoong looked around the ice cream parlor could only be described as disgust.

“Wow... what accident happened here?!” He thought while looking around, taking in all the glitter and... everything.

When he felt the little bump he wanted to turn to the side a little, but was glad he didn't because that moment Yunho already leaned in to whisper in his ear. It let him shiver a bit and Jae was adamant to tell himself it was because the warm gush of air didn't feel good on his skin.

“You know, for that you don't like pink too much, you sure are obsessed with strawberries...” The black haired teen said. “And I don't think they will make us wear these hats... if so, then can you please kill me first before you kill yourself?” A soft shudder went down Jae's body as he imagined one of these hats on his head.

“Jae, Baby. What do you want? We are gonna sit down, so you can choose as much as you want. You too, Yunho,” one of the sisters said and smiled REALLY big at them.

“But noona, I don't want to sit down. Can't we just take a cone and keep walking?” Yes, Jaejoong actually did whine, looking at his sister with a little pout.

“No no, it's way more comfortable sitting down, so choose and come find our table!” She happily said and then left to go to the others, they all had placed their orders already.

“Ugh...” Jae looked back at Yunho. “I'm sorry...” And yes, he meant it like that. Then he turned to leave his order with the employee. You could just say he wanted a huge amount of chocolate, caramel and brittle pieces. “Order whatever, just take full advantage that my sisters are paying.” Jaejoong said with a wink and waited next to the other teen to place the order.

 

Yunho was slightly relieved when Jae told him that he would be fighting against wearing those hideous-looking hats too; maybe if they teamed up they had a chance. Against the Kim-sisters? Dream on, Yun. But a desperate teen was allowed to dream, right?

Then as the girls went to get them a table, he was left waiting in line with Jae. At the other teen’s words though, he shook his head. “I already told you, I’m not gonna do that. I’m not gonna owe you guys anything.” No matter how absolutely scrumptious those ice cream floats looked; okay, so maybe he cared a little bit. It didn’t matter; wasn’t gonna happen. “If my Dad knew I was taking money from a Kim; a woman at that, he would kick my .” He decided to ignore the question asked by his brain just then: What would happen if his Dad knew he was out on a date with a Kim right now. So sticking to his guns, Yun got his plastic cup with two scoops of strawberry swirl ice cream, and the girl behind the counter must have taken pity on him, cause a generous amount of fresh strawberries had somehow found their way into the cup too. And Yunho, he was happy as he made his way to their table with his treat, but he never got that far...

“Is that a plastic cup??? Don't you dare bring anything here in a cup. Joongie take him back and get something from the menu or you boys will be staying here until dinner time!“ And that’s how Yunho ended up trying to balance one of said floats as he made his way to their table once again. The thing was so massive and so- pink, that even the most hardcore Disney Princess would probably feel a bit nauseated.

“! Is this a dessert or a 3-course meal?!” Yunho cursed under his breath as he tried not to spill any strawberries or fall on his face. And so far he’d made it. Walking passed a table, a girl in a miniature ball gown and tiara stared at him; and the small peninsula of ice cream he was joggling around.

“What character are you?” she suddenly asked, ignoring the shushing from her mother. “You don’t look like a Princess at all.”

“Oh. That’s because I’m not one.” Yun stopped to smile at her. He looked down at his t-shirt and dark pants; at the chain hanging from them. “I’m actually one of the bad guys… You see this?” He nodded at the chain. “I was just released from the dungeon. Together with that guy.” Another nod, this time at Jae. The girl looked towards Jae and made a face.

“Him?! But he looks like Quasimodo.” She eyed Jaejoong in the dark hoodie where barely any of his face was visible.

“Oh nonono!” Yunho spoke up. “He’s actually a Princess- a Prince. And he’s so pretty that if you look at him, you turn crazy and do something stupid; that’s why he’s dressed like that.” He winked at the little Princess who suddenly looked very interested. “Trust me, I know. He already cursed me once.”

 

Jae just rolled his eyes at Yunho's words and the moment his sisters told him to take the other teen back to the counter he wasn't able to stop the: “I told you to just take advantage of it.” And with a glare at Yunho he had put down his own ice cream and went back to the counter. Yunho could have done it alone, but Jaejoong knew his sisters and so he just went with it and walked back together with the other, occasionally cursing softly under his breath.

Back at the counter he decided, just so his sisters had to pay more, to get a cookies and cream milkshake. On their way back Jae almost ran into Yunho because the other suddenly stopped to talk to a little girl. Ugh, kids! And what the ?! Quasimodo?! He just wanted to open his mouth and argue with that little girl, when Yunho spoke again. However, with each word Jae's face just grew darker and at the end he slapped the back of the other teen’s head.

“If you don't stop spewing nonsense right this instant I'm gonna punch you!” He growled and grabbed the back of Yunho's shirt, yanking him away, bowing to the little girl and the mother. “What the was that?!” Jae hissed on their way to the table.

 

“Hey! Careful!!!! I'm carrying precious berries here!” Yunho yelped as Jae hurled him along and back to their table. Once there, the girls looked at them; finally seeming satisfied. And they were allowed to sit down.

“That’s our good boys,” they chirped. “Now eat up. And if you want, you can share.” Yunho was this close to responding with a: “Well, since we are 16 and not 6 years-old, I think I will eat my own food.” But remembering his manners, he bowed to the sisters instead and once again let them know that they really did not have to pay for him; a request which was of course completely ignored. Then they started eating, but not really knowing where to begin, Yun just stuffed his mouth with the fresh strawberries; one after another. Maybe he was fearing that Jae would change his mind about sharing. And no way was he giving any of his beloved berries to the other. The ice cream wasn’t half bad either, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter