A Slow Minhyuk

Keepers

Changkyun who was still laying face first on the couch, was trying to avoid eye contact with the group. Jooheon and Hyungwon had started to catch on that changkyun could see them. Minhyuk who was still worrying over changkyuns, hadn’t yet realised the situation. He was to busy worrying over changkyuns sudden change of appearance. Changkyun suddenly turned to face minhyuk, still laying on the couch. The two were almost eye level, yet minhyuk hadn’t realised changkyun was staring.


“My name is changkyun, thank you very much” Changkyun sulked while pouting. Minhyuk turned to face changkyun unknowingly.

 

“Oh, Sorry!” Minhyuk replied mindlessly, before turning back to whine to wonho once again. He hadn’t actually realise who was actually talking. He continued to question wonho, trying to seek answers. Wonhos’ face clearly lit up in joy, which made minhyuk even more confused. Minhyuks head suddenly snapped back and he locked eyes with changkyun, who was still pouting. He had finally realised that Changkyun had talked to him.

 

“WAIT, WHAT?!” Minhyuk yelled. His jaw dropped and he started to point at changkyun. Changkyun looked somewhat irritated with the situation, so his pout turned into an angry pout.

 

 

The two of them just started at each other for quite a while in silence. Changkyun had finally got bored of the situation and rolled his eyes. Minhyuk had finally came to the obvious conclusion. Minhyuk turned to wonho, still pointing at changkyun.

 

“He...He can see us...can’t he?” Minhyuk stuttered, still trying to confirm the situation.

 

Wonho bursted out laughing, to the point he was almost crying, even kihyun smiled at minhyuk's slow realisation. Changkyun had finally had enough and let out a massive sigh and turning his head again, face down on the couch once again. On the bright side, the sigh had confirmed Minhyuk’s question.
 

After laughing for quite a while, wonho tried to calm himself and wiped away the tears from his eyes. Wonho and Kihyun were both still grinning at the situation, but finally joined the others and sat down in the lounge room, alongside the rest of the group.

 

Although a most of them found the situation amusing, there was one person sitting in the corner, silently watching the situation play out. Hyungwon had been suspicious of Changkyun ever since they had arrived. There were too many scenarios that just happened to be solved calmly, for him not to be suspicious. Hyungwon suddenly stood up and walked over, stopping right in front of changkyun.

 

“So you could see us this whole time?” He said. His voice was monotone, stern and calm, all in one sentence. Changkyun turned to face hyungwon. Just like Hyungwon noticed Changkyun, Changkyun had also noticed Hyungwon. Ever since they had gotten there, he hadn’t really looked around or ask any questions. Changkyun had also noticed that Hyungwon always watched him when he was in the same room.

 

Hyungwons voice scared changkyun slightly, which made him think about his next words. It felt as though he was a criminal and was about to be interrogated by the police.

 

“Yeah” Changkyun mumbled softly. He glanced up at hyungwon, who was notw standing directly in front of him. Hyungwon’s face sent shivers down his spine. It wasn’t as though his face was scary, in fact, changkyun thought he was quite handsome. But it’s because it hadn’t changed. It was still the same expression as it was when he arrived. It was blank.

 

Everyone watched on silently, as they were finally getting some answers.

 

“Then why didn’t you say something?”  He questioned. His voice didn’t change, it was still in the same tone. Hyungwons question made Changkyun sit up. He looked down into his lap and started playing with one of the many rings he was wearing.

 

“Because, I didn’t want to” He mumbled softly, scared at the reaction Hyungwon would have to his answer. Changkyun avoided eye contact, thinking Hyungwon would be annoyed at his answer.

 

And he was indeed. Hyunwongs voice got stiffer and his face got colder.

 

“Why Not?” He said. Hyungons face finally changed and it was clear that he was annoyed at Changkyun. The air in the room had gone cold.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The story has progressed very differently from my original intentions and as such, i’m struggling to get it to follow the original route on which it was suppose to travel. I feel as though I have to speed it up, so i wanted to ask the readers current opinions…

Do you think the story is too slow? Or Do you think it’s fine the way it is at the moment, just make it a long story?

 

This is partially the reason why i haven't really been activly updating it, but if people are still enjoying it, i will continue to update when i can.