Wisp

Keepers

Wonho wasted no time in jumping onto his feet and quickly rushing the group into the bathroom of the main bedroom in order to hide themselves a tad better. Although it wouldn’t hide them much more than they already were.

 

“Sir, if you don’t open the door, I will kick it down” A stern voice warned the owner. The owner rolled his eyes before turning off the shower.

 

“I’m coming, I’m coming….Geez” He whispered under his breath while annoyed at the current situation. He quickly chucked on some clothes over his wet body. His hair was still dripping wet with water from his shower. He ran out of bathroom and suddenly paused when he reached the lounge room. His eyes scanned around the room quickly before he smirked to himself. He then walked towards the front door, leaving a trail of water behind him.

 

He reached out and began turning the handle before he was suddenly greeted by a strong forced gripping him around the throat and slamming him into the wall; in the process, knocking down some picture frames from the wall. The owner took a second to catch his breath before grabbing the arm of the man pinning him against the wall.

 

A swarm of around 7 hunters quickly entered the apartment. Each hunter was armed with a gun and some even had knives.

 

The group in the bedroom hear the loud crash from the entryway. There eyes widened in shock.  The group exchanged looks before glueing their eyes to the bedroom door. They all knew that they couldn’t run and even if they did, the chances of them being caught were too high. Shownu was in no condition to walk let alone run.

 

It didn’t take long for the hunter pinning down the owner to start investigating and questioning the poor soul. The rest of the hunters had already begun tearing apart the apartment looking for any signs of keepers.

 

“State you Name and Your social ID Number” He asked, staring straight into the owners eyes. The owner glanced over to where the group of hunters were currently searching the house before letting out a huge sigh and looking back at the man who was holding him down by the throat.

 

“My name is Lim Changkyun and my social number is 4430269” He replied, knowing full well there was no way in hell he should reply sarcastically (even though he very much wanted to).

 

“Is anyone else in the apartment with you?”

 

“No”

 

“Did you see someone pass by your house at around 10pm?”

 

“No”

 

The main looked at him with a furrowed brow before finally letting go of his throat. Changkyun coughed a few times and then rubbed his neck where the hunter had been holding him. If there wasn’t a bruise of some sort, it would be surprising.

 

“Stay here and don’t move” The hunter warned firmly with a stern look. The hunter looked around and seemed very impatient. He was wearing a black cloak and was fully armed with all sorts of weapons. From what changkyun could see, he was currently armed with a gun and some throwing knives. The badge on his arm was a clear indication that he was a the leader of the group. Needless to say, getting on his bad side was probably a bad idea.

 

“Sir, what is going on?” He asked cautiously. He received a glare, but surprisingly got an explanation. The hunter sighed before explaining himself briefly.

 

“We were doing our rounds and came across a group from the Blue Rose, that’s all i can say”. Changkyun didn’t question any further and silently nodded. He had heard of the blue rose a few times but didn’t really have any information on the group.

 

Meanwhile, the group of hunters continued to search through every nook and cranny of the apartment. They had dug through all the draws and cupboards of the apartment, spilling the content onto the floor. The group hiding in the bedroom luckily had enough time in order to conceal their presence once again, but this time was stronger than before as they had no interruptions.

 

All of the sudden the door of the bedroom swung open at full force, slamming against the wall. Changkyun glanced over to the bedroom briefly, trying not to be too suspicious. Wonho and Hyungwon were prepared to attack at any moment if needed. The two of them had already agreed to reveal themselves if needed in order to hide the others. After all, humans were punished by torture and death straight away if they were found to be with a keeper.

The hunters hadn’t yet noticed the keepers presence. One of the hunters entered the room before reaching into his coat and pulling out a wisp branch. Kihyuns eyes widened and his jaw dropped. His face went white as if he had seen a ghost.

 

“Wonho” He whispered softly. “That’s a wisp branch”. Wonhos head turned quickly, glueing his eyes onto the branch that the hunter was currently holding.

 

A wisp branch was an extremely rare and powerful weapon that could only be aquired by the wispering woods. The item was so rare as only a certain type of keeper could enter the woods as they pleased. No hunter nor human can enter the woods without the permission of the guardian and a keeper could not enter without being in some way related to the woods.

 

The problem with wisp branches is that it could be used in two ways. For keepers it can be used as a way to make a protection barrier that can hide their presence. But in the hands of hunters, it was used as a tracking tool to hunt keepers. To make matters even worse, the only hunters that were given a wisp branch were the elite Hunters that had proved themselves through many missions and captures of keepers.

 

Wonho and Hyungwon both backed away, pushing the group right into the corner of the room. The two of them looked at each other and nodded, preparing themselves to fight.

 

The hunter slowly got closer and closer to the group. Minhyuk hugged shownu tightly and closed his eyes. He knew damn well that something bad was going to happen. The hunter continued to get closer before stopping a meter away from the group and pausing.

 

The hunters faced tensed up and suddenly became serious.

 

“Sir, I think….”