Don't cry

I long for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She did not know what woke her up, but the first thing she saw was the gentle rising of Jiyong’s chest with deep breaths.

It was still dark outside.

Dara blinked sleepily as she became aware of her surroundings. They were still sitting on the couch with Dara sitting sideways in Jiyong’s lap. Her face was buried against his neck and her arms tucked in in front of her chest. He had wrapped a soft, brown duvet around them both, his arms firmly wrapped around her and his lips pressed against her forehead.

He was still asleep, his muscles relaxed and his heartbeat strong and calm under her fingers.

Dara felt torn. Being like this with Jiyong felt like coming home. She felt cherished and protected. But at the same time she felt so wary. So tired.

“Stop thinking. You’re too loud, babygirl.” his raspy voice grumbled in his chest.

Dara wanted to snap back at him when she suddenly felt his warm hand on her cheek, pulling her face upwards to look into his eyes.

His face showed no emotion, but his eyes were a swirl of warm molten chocolate and golden flecks. He looked straight at her while his hand kept her face still, thumb her soft skin.

“I could never forget how beautiful you are after you have woken up. When I was in the military I literally had to refrain myself from dreaming of you. I have lost count how many times I woke up and imagined you lying next to me. But when I reached out to touch you, you disappeared.” he whispered.

“Ji…” Dara murmured helplessly.

“But now we are here. I can feel your warmth, your skin and your heartbeat under my fingers. I can see your eyes, smell your hair and touch your lips.” At that his thumb slowly caressed her full lower lip, his burning eyes following every movement.

Dara could not suppress a shudder of excitement.

They kept staring at each other, the fireplace cackling peacefully in the background.

 

“Do you have any idea how much it kills me to not kiss you right now?” he whispered harshly.

Dara knew she should push him away, curse at him for saying something like that or at least turn her head away so that his fingers would stop caressing her burning lips.

But she did nothing of thos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter