Calm before the storm

I long for you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Dara woke up from the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Despite being all riled up and emotional before going to bed, she had slept surprisingly well.

Through the window she could see the early morning sun peeking through the drapes. It was eerily quiet as if the snow had buried any noise underneath. She relished in that silence. The last few months had been daunting and exhausting. She had felt like being pulled in numerous directions on a daily basis. Trying to please everyone and fulfilling all her schedules had put a tremendous strain on her body and psyche.

She was exhausted.

Tired.

Lonely.

Lost.

Her decision to leave Korea had been the spur of a moment. While still being well thought trough, it had been one thing in the end.

An escape.

From pain, from wrong decisions.

 

And most of all…from HIM.

 

Dara pulled the comfy blanket up to her nose and turned her head to bury her face into the soft pillow. Heat coiled in her belly when she thought of what had happened last night.

Or not.

Being in close proximity to Jiyong had put her thoughts and feelings in a daunting rollercoaster. He was like a breath of fresh air, a blazing sun in the ice desert and a safe haven. But at the same time he was like an avalanche, a toxic cloud of pain and a reminder of everything that had gone wrong.

She had no idea what his purpose was of bringing her here. To the mountains, to an isolated cabin in the middle of nowhere.

What did he expect from her?

Dara sighed, but before she could dwell further, a soft knock sounded on her door and his usual rough, sleepy morning voice could be heard.

It send goosebumps down her spine.

 

“I know you’re awake. You’re thinking too loud. Are you hiding underneath the blankets?”

 

From her warm cocoon Dara scoffed. He knew her too well.

 

“Go away, Jiyong. Or are you here to feed your hostage?” she grumbled.

 

She could hear his deep laughter bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter