Eighteen - Hunted

Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

When it was finally time to attend the meeting, Hanbyul grabbed her bag and dumped the sandwich-- something she had for a very late lunch--'s plastic into the bin on her way out. Used to the corporate life, meeting clients was not something she would be nervous about anymore so the route to the meeting was smooth for her. Up until she met the person. 

"Ms. Hanbyul?" The waitress' smile was bright as she has been waiting for her. 

"Yes." Hanbyul replied with a sophisticated nod before she let the younger female lead her to the table. The restaurant was fairly quiet for dinner.  

The sound of the chair being pulled on the carpetted floor made Hanbyul inhale a deep breath, getting ready to deal with yet another foreign client as she bade a thank you to the waitress before sitting down.

 "Good evening, I'm Shin--" She paused in the middle of her greeting, feeling her breath knocked out as she couldnt believe she was meeting the person again.

A familiarly eerie gummy smile greeted her followed by a deep chuckle, "Shin Hanbyul. My woman."

Hanbyul's fists balled on her lap under the table, trying so hard not to tremble in front of him. "Why are you here?" Her voice was almost a whisper.

Kris' stare didnt die down as he kept his intense gaze on her, "I'm the CEO. I took charge since my friend handed it to me."

Hanbyul gulped, "I see." 

He bit his lip, embedding her new look into his memory, "You look even hotter now, Hanbyul." His hand reached for the glass in front of him, "I don't regret coming here."

Her grip was getting harder as she felt her heart almost bursting from his voice and provocative lines. Keeping it professional, she brushed it off by a slight laugh, pulling out the papers from her bag as swiftly as she could. I'm fine. He has nothing on me. She told herself as she flashed a smile before starting their business. 

"You might want to read this first on how we usually handle our clients' request--"

Kris pushed the papers aside, leaning in closer as he caught her hand--making her flinch. "God, you're still as soft as ever."

She tried to pull her hand away but he didnt budge. "Kris." Her voice contained rigor as she started to get frightened-- the flashbacks swarming into her mind making her anxious.

But the guy in front of her just grinned, pulling her hand harder to make her lean closer. "I missed you calling my name, baby." 

"Stop it." Tear started to pool in her eyes as she recalled the pain he caused her, disgust filled her system rapidly that she felt like puking. 

"Oh come on, I know you missed me. I know you miss how good I made you feel, right, Hanbyul?" His foot started to graze her leg under the table, causing her to jump and hit her knee against the table. 

Kris chukled, ignoring the several looks they received, loving how she was still inferior in front of him.

But the feeling didnt last long when someone pried his hand off of her, swiftly taking all the papers on the table together with her bag in one hand. 

"I dont know who you are, but get lost." Jaemin's eyes were shooting laser at Kris, utterly mad that he brought her to such an embarassing state. Shin Hanbyul cowering in fear? Ridiculous. 

Kris' tongue poked his inner cheek, pissed off at the sight. Na Jaemin. Why was he even there? "We're having a discussion at the moment. Dont you know how to seperate business and personal matters?" 

Jaemin turned to gaze at Hanbyul who was still silent while her fists trembled on her lap. He harshly inhaled, fumed at the sight as he turned back to the cause, "So you know me."

Kris nodded, "Apparently, yeah. But what do I do?" He leaned in closer to whisper with his gummy smile, "I still want her."

Jaemin balled his fists as his gaze turned lethal, "She's leaving." 

Kris shook his head, "I dont think so." His eyes fell onto Hanbyul who was still in shock. "You're leaving." His eyes shifted back to Jaemin. 

"Hanbyul." Jaemin called, his voice shifting to a gentler version, "Do you want me to leave?"

To their surprise, Hanbyul choked a deep breath before she got up and stood behind Jaemin. Her hand reached for his sleeve when her knees felt like it was giving up on her. "L-let's go." 

Jaemin nodded at her request, glaring at Kris as they left the restaurant. 

Kris' eyes were hot on the two figures, specifically on Jaemin. He was so close to get Hanbyul again. 

Carefully leading her to his car, he silently asked, "Should I call Sora?" He had no idea what was he supposed to do, and he thought maybe Sora would be a great help to calm her down. 

But Hanbyul vigorously shook her head, shutting her eyes letting the pooled tears fall. "No, don't. She'd kill him." She blinked her eyes open while casually wiping her cheeks once realizing that he was probably shocked at her reaction. "She can't go to jail." Hanbyul added, trying to sound normal. 

Jaemin just blinked, nodding at her words. So what now? Should he hug her or--

"How did you know I was there?" Hanbyul asked as she opened the passenger door, managed to calm down after they got out of the dining. 

Jaemin pursed his lips as he got into his seat, thinking that maybe being soft would suit the atmosphere better. Her voice was still trembling. So he decided not to annoy her. 

"Mom wanted to make you dinner. I tried to call you but realized I dont have your number," he started the engine after clasping

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter