Three - Thoughts I

Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : THANK  YOU TO THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBED :"""")))) (and commented also <3)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hanbyul trailed her forefinger on her desk, following the length of the black table—satisfied with her workspace. 

 

“Hanbyul, are you really going to start working now?” Her mom sighed as she watched Hanbyul preparing her own desk. Her daughter just got back home. It’s barely been a week, so what’s with the rush? 

 

Smiling, Hanbyul firmly nodded, “Yes. I might get bored doing nothing at home, you know. You shouldn’t have paid so many maids to work at our house, mom.”

 

Rolling her eyes, her mom then crossed her arm, “As if I don’t know how much of a workaholic my daughter is.” She shook her head when Hanbyul just grinned at her. Realizing just how her daughter grew up so well, Mrs Shin sighed yet again. Well, soon Hanbyul was to be passed onto some other guy. 

 

“Oh yea, by the way, darling. Donghae told me to send his regards to you. He said that it would take a while before he gets back here in Seoul and he can’t wait to see you.” The mother informed as she got to the door—ready to leave. 

 

Hearing the name, Hanbyul’s eyes lit up, missing the older guy so much, “Aw mom. Send me his phone number please.” Watching her mom nod, she smiled her mom a thanks before the older female left the room. 

 

Sighing in her seat, Hanbyul caught the sight of the calendar on her table. 

 

‘DATE’ , it read somewhere in the box under the word ‘Friday’.

 

Her heart went on a marathon at the simple thought of it. Did she really just got a boyfriend for herself?

 

The memory of the night she met him flew inside her head inevitably.

 

-------

 

“Oh my darling. You are so gorgeous!” The older female she guessed as Mrs Na palmed her cheek for a second before retracting it. Her eyes were so pure, making her automatically smile in return. Well, she was her mom’s best friend after all. 

 

“We have been waiting and oh Lord, Hana, your daughter is soooo pretty I don’t think he has a reason to call this off.” Mrs Na giddily laughed as she led us to the dining hall—well, not that it was anything much compared to her house but the Na’s house definitely has a different vibe to it. 

 

Surprisingly, Hanbyul felt nothing the whole time arriving at the house until she turned into the supposedly dining hall of the Na’s. 

 

“Hanbyul, this is Jaemin.” Mrs Na’s words sounded so far as if she was in a dream. Her heartbeat suddenly felt so abnormal as her hand that was pushing her hair to the back of her ear was paused in the moment. Hanbyul’s eyes were fixed onto the most attractive pair of eyes she had ever seen—and it didn’t help as he was also dangerously boring into her orbs. A few seconds after hearing the screeching sound of the chairs on the marble floor, Hanbyul tore her gaze away quickly as she took her seat beside her mom. She took a few good seconds to calm down before being able to look back up to the hosts of the night. 

-----

Well, what the hell just happened?

 

Hanbyul cursed herself in her head as she remembered how she paused to admire the brown enticing orbs of his. So embarrassing!

 

She took out a file, recalling what else happened that night.

---------------

“Oh my, Hana, it’s been so long, hasn’t it?” Mrs Na laughed, followed by the rest of the elders. Hanbyul just kept on her smile, knowing it well she must be polite given that the Na family meant a lot to her parents. 

 

“Of course, Jayoon! We haven’t met since our graduation and look—“ Mrs Shin turned to look at Hanbyul, “She’s 20 now.” Hanbyul sheepishly smiled as the elders looked at her with soft eyes. Well, at least they were. Jaemin was totally burning her with his gaze. Not that she didn’t realize it.

 

“My my. Jaemin is 21. I feel so old beyond explanation.” Mrs Na sighed as she gazed onto her son who was not paying attention to their words at all—busy staring at the girl in front of him instead. Mrs Na smirked internally as she swiftly shifted her gaze onto  Hanbyul—noting that Jaemin was indeed staring at her.

 

“No, aunty. You’re not. He’s just a year older than me.” Hanbyul chuckl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter