Fifteen - Different Mornings

Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: yeah hi i came back with a longer chapter hshsh hope you'd enjoy!

----------------

Waking up still in his arms, Hanbyul wanted to give up on her breathing—feeling suffocated as her heart was beating so fast the first thing in the morning.

Knowing that he was still asleep by the way he was caressing her back ad snuggling into her, she kept her eyes shut, waiting for the moment he opens his eyes.

Jaemin’s eyes flickered open when his body decided he got enough rest, instinctively cuddling onto whatever was in his hold. When his chin kissed a foreign surface, his eyes rounded as his mind flashed back to the moment the alcohol in his system started fading—remembering the kiss they shared before shutting down.

Glancing down at the source of heat, he screamed frantically when he realized he was still embracing her tightly.

Some maids barged into the room, followed by a secretly smiling Jayoon to witness the morning drama.

Quickly pushing her a foot apart, Jaemin hugged himself before asking, “W-why are you here?”  

Hanbyul flushed, racking her brain on how to deal with the situation. It was unfair to her as she was just helping him to bed when he decided to kiss her, and ended up locking her in his arms to sleep. And with the audience they had, she couldn’t possibly argue with him right in the morning—on his bed. She gulped, “H-hey calm down.”

It looked so wrong to her, knowing that they were not dating despite him being her fiancé. Just to add her anxiety, they looked so haggard as if they had a wild night—an image she knew was familiar for him but not her.

Just then Jayoon came to her rescue by dismissing the maids, “Jaemin, you should get a bath. Hanbyul, come here. I’ll give you some fresh outfit for work.” She sweetly called, holding in her squeal from the scene in front of her. As Hanbyul sheepishly went off the bed and to her, Jayoon regarded Jaemin again, “Breakfast is ready. Come down in 10 minutes if you don’t wanna be late.”

Hanbyul was embarrassed to her core as she followed Jayoon to a different room, contemplating to say sorry that she had a hand in causing the ruckus when the older woman giggled beside her.

Taken aback, she quietly asked, “Aunty? What’s wrong?”

Barely breathing, Jayoon shook her hand to tell her that she was fine, “No, no I’m fine.” She finished her bits of laughter before holding Hanbyul’s shoulders, “Thank you, Hanbyul.”

Blank, she just gaped.

“I don’t wanna ask what happened because I know I wouldn’t stop giggling the whole day, but whatever it is, don’t beat yourself to it, okay?” Jayoon was so bright as she said so, her hand adjusting the younger’s messy and tangled locks.

Hanbyul looked down, confused as to what she was supposed to do with her guilt when Jayoon was that happy.

Patting her back, Jayoon sighed giddily as if she just got the best present for her birthday, “Here, I chose an outfit for you.” She showed her a simple formal dress that would end just half an inch above her knees—laid on the mattress beside a pair of undies she recognized as hers. “Get ready quickly and have a breakfast, okay?”

She wanted to ask how she got the undies but Jayoon was already gone.

Stunned, she picked up the towel prepared for her before proceeding to take a bath.

----------------------

“AHHHHH HANAAAAAA” Jayoon proceeded to make incoherent noise as she slapped her husband’s bicep, earning a scowl.

Last night when Hanbyul sent Jaemin home, Jayoon was woken up to the thud she heard from his room. As she got worried, she quietly went to the room-- feeling butterfly in her stomach when she saw the scene in front of her and wasted no time to grab her phone in her room before snapping a picture of them to be sent to Hana.

Hana on the other line giggled too, gripping onto her husband’s wrist—receiving a hiss. “What happened oh my god oh my god.”

Jayoon wasted no time to explain what she saw that morning in one breath, making her maids gossip as they prepared their breakfast.

“OH MY GODDDDDD” Hana squealed, calling the attention of Donghae who just got down to have breakfast.

“I know I know I know.” Jayoon slapped her husband’s thigh a few times, “they’re so cute, right?”

Just then she saw Jaemin by the stairs, heading to the dining hall, “Oh got to go. My son’s here.”

The call ended with Hana giggling in her seat, making Donghae curious, “Where’s my little baby girl?”

His uncle rolled his eyes, “At Jaemin’s.”

Donghae’s eyes lit up, “WHAT?” His lips curled into a wide grin, “THEY SLEPT TOGETHER?”

Hana faked a faint—slapping the back of her hand on her forehead as a hint for her husband to reply, “I don’t know the details but they woke up in one bed.”

Donghae made an incoherent noise as he picked up his utensils, “God, I need to eat more then hehe who knows I need to take care of their baby soon, huh?”

Hana playfully slapped his arm, urging him to eat as much as he could.

---------------------------

Jaemin avoided to look at her during the breakfast, keeping quiet as he acted nonchalant about the scene they made just a few minutes before-- and the night prior.

The hall may be quiet but the maids were whispering to each other, giggling to themselves as they watched the young couple’s drama.

“Oh Hanbyul, you’re done? Wait a minute.” Jaemin’s dad called when he saw Hanbyul had gulped her last spoon of rice, slapping Jaemin’s back, “Drive her.”

The younger male coughed, choking at his meal, “I’m eating.” He glared, obviously unsatisfied at the treatment.

Feeling guilty, Hanbyul added more rice to her bowl, “No, no, I’m still eating.” An awkward smile on her face as she tried to ensure it was fine.

Jayoon made a face, “Whatever, you’re driving her to work, you got me?”

Jaemin sighed, “Fine.”

Soon after they were done with their meal, Hanbyul was ushered to tail him to his car.

Feeling out of place, she kept quiet until they were both in the car.

“Just to be clear,” Jaemin started as he rested his hands on the steering wheel and gear stick, “We didn’t do anything, right?”

Hanbyul choked a cough, clicking on her belt, “Yeah, nothing.”

Jaemin glanced at her, finally noticing she was in a short dress—an outfit she rarely wears. “Good then." He commented as they headed to their offices.

---------

“Sis, you’re gonna be late.” Soyu whispered, causing Sora to wake up that instant, hissing as soon as the hangover hitting her, “.” She cussed.

Shaking her head, Soyu opened the door to leave her alone, “I made you duck soup, come out after you’re done.”

Sighing, Sora closed her eyes as a sign that she heard her.

Quickly getting ready, she went out to have her hangover cure. “What time did I get home?”

“Around 12.30. Some hot guy brought you home.” Soyu claimed, watching her reaction.

Her eyebrows connected as she blankly wondered, “Hot guy?”

Soyu shrugge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter