One - News

Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n : hello and welcome to my storyyyy. Please have a pleasant read :))) 

 

"...passengers of KH098 are to board at gate C11, please--" 

 

Pap! 

 

Hanbyul's mouth was in a gape as she looked down at her phone that was on the ground, stunned at the force that greeted her. A little bit fumed, she spun her head towards the cause-- catching a glimpse of a running guy in a suit. Huffing, she picked up her phone and fixed the bag pack on her shoulder. Well well well, Koreans did not change much after so many years huh? Hanbyul rolled her eyes as she went to retrieve her luggages. 

 

Bzz bzz

 

Hanbyul smiled when the screen lighted up-- it was her mom. Guess it was time that she settle down and take in the fact that South Korea was indeed her country. 

 

With a swipe, she got on the phone with her mom telling her that she was gonna be home soon. As it was her 20th birthday, she was to be prepared for a dinner that night as a celebration for her arrival. 

 

Done with her call, she took her luggages and wasted no time in escaping the busy airport. Oh how she missed being there with her family. 

 

Oblivious, she was giddy about the dinner not knowing that the dinner was not only with her own family, but also some other people that was supposed to be her in laws. 

---- 

"yea? Yea." Jaemin huffed through the phone as he ran a bit to get to the gate where his friend was supposed to be at. Damn the crowd was not helping. 

 

"You're out now, right?" He asked as he scanned the crowd, searching for a particular someone. On the way there, he ran through the sea of people-- accidentally bumping onto someone's shoulder a little bit too hard. Turning his head in a second, he saw the person looking stunned from the force he caused. He winced, mentally saying sorry as he kept on running to get to his friend. 

 

Catching a glimpse of Jeno, Jaemin skipped to his friend and gave him a hug, slapping his arm after that. "Ow!" Jeno winced at the hit, making a face to portray the pain he felt. 

 

Jaemin wiggled his eyebrows, obviously excited, "So, how has it been? Missed me?" 

 

Jeno rolled his eyes, "You sound like a girl, Jaemin. Shut it!" He walked off, letting Jaemin tail after him. 

 

Jaemin snorted, crossing his arms, "Well, am I not your girlfriend, Jeno?" He made a silly face, wiggling his eyebrows again. 

 

Jeno was disgusted, "Ew. No way. You're getting married, right? Know your limit, idiot." He shook his head horizontally, thinking just how Jaemin didn't change even after 3 years he went to Japan.

 

Jaemin rolled his eyes, this time looking drained, "No one's getting married, Jeno. I won't allow this to happen." 

 

Jeno snorted, taking his luggage from the conveyor, "Have you met her yet?" He settled down his first luggage beside him, waiting for Jaemin's answer. 

 

The latter just shrugged, "Not yet." 

 

Jeno then sighed, "Then, you can't really say anything, can you? Who would know if she's really pretty and really good? Like what if you're gonna get smitten as soon as you set your eyes on her?" 

 

Jaemin's face scrunched at the thought, putting his index finger vertically on Jeno's lips-- shushing him, "No, Jeno. I don't get smitten. Girls get smitten for me. That's the way of life." 

 

Jeno irked as he slapped Jaemin's hand away, taking another luggage of his, "You're still as disgusting as ever, it's incredible. How can you be so full of yourself huh?" He passed one of his luggage to Jaemin as he took the other one, striding towards the exit of the busy airport. 

 

Shrugging, Jaemin threw him a look, "Because I'm Na Jaemin, why else? I won't get married, just wait and see." He patted his own chest, looking as smug as ever. 

 

Screeech

 

"JENOOOO" A black car parked right in front of them, hollering at Jeno as soon as they got out of the car. Jeno, feeling entertained, threw Jaemin a look before being bombarded by manly hugs of his best friends.

 

"You're back!" Yuta hit Jeno's chest, gaining a wince from the younger guy. 

 

"Boy we missed you." Taeyong kissed his cheek. 

 

"You were missing for too long, Jaemin is getting married soon!" Jaehyun exclaimed, making all attention go to the said guy. 

 

Jaemin rolled his eyes as he sighed, "I'm not, okay? No one's getting married." 

 

Taeyong smirked, "You sure?" 

 

"Wanna bet?" Yuta raised an eyebrow, his elbow on Jeno's shoulder. 

 

Sighing, Jaemin put out his palm at them-- indicating a pass, "No will do. I barely have money right now, and I won't waste what I have left for this." 

 

Jeno chuckled, "Yea sure. You're contemplating the deal that comes with the marriage, aren't you?" He took his luggages and put them in the car. 

 

Jaemin huffed, annoyed at the questions, "Yall are so bad. Can't you just let me live? The dinner's in 5 hours, let's go to the club while we're at it." 

 

Jaehyun who was at the driver's seat scoffed, "This darn idiot. You're 21, go get a life." 

 

Jaemin who was seated right behind him crossed his arms, "You're 22, you don't have a say in this." 

 

Yuta and Taeyong laughed at his remark, slapping their thighs. Jeno silently smiled as he clasped his seatbelt beside Jaehyun. 

 

Smirking, Jaehyun looked at Jaemin through the rear mirror, "That's what I mean. At least I'm not in an arranged marriage." The car went silent in a second as the rest 3 turned to look at Jaemin, calculating whether Jaemin would get married or not as Jaehyun hit the pedal. 

 

----- 

 

The deafening music was like a drug to him, making him lost in his own thoughts as he watched a few people dancing on the dance floor. Well, it was 4 pm, why would there be many people in the club? The fact that the club was open at that time was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter