Thirteen - Mixed Circles

Red String
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: YOOOOOO okay so the thing is, i wanted to upload this and the next chapter at once (in one chapter) but then it would be too long huhu. so here's the first part. i would update once i'm satisfied with the second part. sorry :(((

-------------------

"So you have a meeting with the Na's development, huh?" Hanbyul asked when they were on the lift, heading to their respective directions after lunch. 

Sora just shrugged, her face bored, "yeah your dad approved my transfer request as soon as your wedding got confirmed. Guess this is the first project Shin's Trading is working together with the Na's." She leaned in to whisper, "To officialize yall's marriage."

Hanbyul pursed her lips, thinking about how they were all working at that age because of their situations. Sora was sent to Australia in order to accompany her learning the business as well as studying. It wasn't new for the company to give out scholarships but Sora was different-- she was an asset that the Trading knew would help for their future. Which is by being there for Hanbyul. 

"Kay I'm gonna go make some money." Sora said as she went off to the Na's. 

Being orphans, Sora and Soyu were grateful when Hanbyul's parents decided to aid their needs. Soyu accepted their scholarship to go to university like other sponsored students, and Sora had a special job to intern at their sub-company in Australia alongside Hanbyul while pursuing their studies-- and of course, sponsored by the Shin's Trad. She knew it was gonna be hard but Sora took it as a chance for her to improve their lives, as well as pay back the company by working her off. 

----------

Sora was flipping through the files in her hand, making a last minute preparation as she missed the chance to check it earlier. Hanbyul told her she could take the day off and have the meeting the next day, but she didn't need that. 

"Ms. Sora, am I right?" The worker asked, fixing her spec on her nose. 

Standing up, Sora nodded, "Yes, that's me." 

"Mr. Jung said he will bring you to the meeting room himself so I will bring you to him." With that she was lead to level 10, in front of a sleek huge door. Sora could hear distant chuckle and whine in the room before worker knocked, earning a loud "Come in!"

When the door opened, she could hear the conversation clearer.

--------------

In Jaemin's office, his friends except Jeno were gathered to listen to the issue he wanted to talk about as Jaehyun had his lunch before his meeting.

"You totally fell for her." Taeyong snickered, giggling his off on the couch as he digested Jaemin's story and the picture Jaemin showed-- failing to realize that Jaemin's secretary entered the room with another person beside him.

That morning, Jaemin received a message from a stranger that said "look at your fiancee. [image attached]"

And there it was: a picture of Hanbyul and the guy she called oppa dining happily in a restaurant.

Taeyong and Yuta knew it was gonna be lit when Jaemin suddenly called for a meeting at his office during lunch hour. Hanbyul? They were so entertained when they learned the topic of the meeting.

"Hey you would be thinking the same way if you had a fiancée too." Jaemin sighed in defeat, facing his friends' laughter since he told them about what he witnessed on the weekend-- repeating what he told Jaehyun together with the picture he received a few hours before that. 

"This is the most innocent thing I've heard from you HAHAHAHAHAHAHAK--" Taeyong choked on his saliva when he saw Sora's face-- the secretary closing the door behind her, leaving her to gape on her own at the discovery that she was in Jaemin's office.

"Jung, Jaehyun..." She exhaled, stunned that she had to meet them.

"What are you doing here?" Taeyong asked, his voice a few octaves lower as he recalled their meeting the day before.

"Hello, I'm Jung Jaehyun. Sorry I had my lunch a bit later just now so I'm finishing it. Please have a seat." Jaehyun said despite curious stares thrown at her, replying her shocked look.

"Do you know her?" Yuta whispered at Taeyong.

"She was my passenger." He whispered back.

"Uh, yes, hello." Sora reminded herself to stay composed, protecting the image of the company, "I'm Kang Sora, Shin Trading's representative of Foreign Marketing and Sales. Please, take your time." She said politely, lowkey answering Taeyong's question.

"What in the world?" She heard Taeyong snorting while Jaemin handed her a glass of water.

"Thank you." She bade, reaching for the glass as she watched Jaemin going back to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter