two

What If....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2.

 

My eyes steals a glance at Chanyeol who is having his eyes focused on the road as he drives the car, heading somewhere away from the office building. While the food and drinks that I was asked to buy earlier have already been taken care by Mr. Jung, Chanyeol’s personal assistant. Somehow I noticed that almost half-decade years old man’s concerned look earlier, he told me to have strength, and cheer me up before excusing himself to return to the office.

Mr. Jung is someone who has been working for Chanyeol’s family ever since this only heir of that family was born. Which is why; he does not feel like an assistant but a real brother to Chanyeol. And I feel the same way too. He is always calm, and very, very informative.

Sometimes I feel like watching a local drama that includes one kind of bodyguard who feels like family towards the main character; whom also has the answers to all your wonders. That typical drama details actually describes Mr. Jung the same exact way in our life.

The music in the car has been but the volume is too low, adding the tense of air between us, since there are words that are still being left unuttered.

I know Chanyeol has must been deadly curious of what just happened, of what’s in my head. But he has not directing any kind of questions to me yet as a way of respect. Chanyeol has been always being someone considerate ever since I know him; also one of the reasons why I feel safe being around him. He knows I will tell him if I really want to. And yes, I want to tell him as quickly as possible, however not in this cramped space.

My subconscious mind has noticed that the road that we are taking is not the way to home, instead, we are going to pick up the love of our life.

As Chanyeol has carefully parked the car right in front of the kindergarten, he turns to me with a sweet smile, tipping his head to the outside and both of us get off from it quickly – perhaps a little too excited for it. Quietly, a big hand reached out for mine, holding it gently as we walked together towards the entrance; where all the parents are already waiting for their children.

I heard a soft chuckles as Chanyeol speaks, “I’m going to bet that both Joonie Jooie are going to hug me first.” He brags with a boastful smile. “We both know they love me more.”

“Bold.” I breathe. “Joonie is a mummy boy, at least he is going to hug me first.”

“You’re making a safe decision, I see. Isn’t Hyun Joo your child too?”

I pout, “But I can’t deny that they love you more.”

At that, Chanyeol laughs his heart out as he pulls me closer by wrapping my shoulder with his arm. “The loser will pay the ice-cream for today, deal?”

“Chanyeol I think your taste bud is rapidly changing into the kids’ preferences but okay, ice-cream it is. Deal.”

We stand far behind the other parents but some of them have already turn their head around, greeting and introducing themselves to us since this is the first time for all of the guardians to meet each other. I have my eyes analyzing the people around, and just like us, most of them are obviously from their offices; probably took a half-day leave for their kids. And we also meet a few of househusbands as well; that drives my teasing mode to Chanyeol, “It would be nice if you be one too.”

But he immediately replied, “And letting myself get bullied by Joonie Jooie every single day, all day long? No thanks.”

That kind of situation has happened for countless times already, where Chanyeol is being ‘victimized’ by the kids. There was once I found Chanyeol was acting as ‘the unicorn’ for them – he had both Joonie and Jooie sitting on his back as he was on all fours, crawling around the house. Not to mention that at the same moment, Chanyeol had his ‘hair-do’ by Hyun Joo with pretty hairclips everywhere on his head and his face was decorated with stickers.

Chanyeol was the one who has been taking care of the kids when I went to classes in my degree years; that is the time where I am deeply thankful for his presence. Raising kids while studying is surely harder than anything but for his physical help and continuous emotional support, I survived those years successfully.

A sudden sound of children’s chortling pulling me out of my reverie, and Chanyeol squats down right at the moment those giggles we want to hear the most has reached our ears.

“Mommy!”

In a blink, the twins are already wrapping themselves around my legs; making me chuckles delightfully – not sure why, either my heart is happy for having my children around me or due to Chanyeol’s sour face when he was ditched by both Joonie and Jooie. I lean down to the kids before pulling them into a hug as I cooed, “Aww my babies. How was school today?”

“Gweat!!!” Joonie answers it brightly.

“Do you miss Mommy?”

This time they answered it together at the same time. “Yes!”

Again, Joonie and Jooie hug me tighter than before.

Just by the sound of their cackles, I feel all the problems that I was having just now being lifted up. While tucking up Hyun Joo’s hair behind her ears, I po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter