ten

What If....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Convenient store?”

“Yes…! I’ve been wanting to try eating food from here as my classmates often say that this place is the best.” I grin excitedly. My eyes are then shift to the rack that has a few brands and types of instant cup noodles lining up, reading the labels to decide of what am I interested to have. “You know, this is my very first time trying these…” My hands playfully shake those two cup noodles, showing them off to him. “…so I think it would be nice if I have this with you, since we just declared ourselves to be friend.”

Meanwhile Baekhyun looks a bit shocked upon hearing my statement. “Really? That can’t be helped then…” He takes one from me before replacing it with another that has a different flavor. “You should try this, and next time I’ll bring you out for street food.” And he picks two sausages and onigiri then giggles, “These too, I promise you would love it!”

He hums for a bit then continues, “I’ll buy the drinks. What do you like? Coffee? Yoghurt? Coffee? Or any soft drinks?”

“Black coffee.”

“As expected,” he beams. “That’s what you gave me at our first met. My mom says kind people tends to give what they love to others.”

I scrunch my nose while concealing a smile for him. This man right here, how the heck he could make my heart shaking just by those simple words and that playful yet sweet gaze? I look at Baekhyun who has his back facing me as he is making his way to the fridge. This is not my first time seeing him in casual outfit but those white hoodie and jeans look exceptionally good on him today. Or is it from the past week too?

To be honest, ever since the first time I saw him, he appeared to be attractive in my eyes. Baekhyun looks very charismatic even with just sitting there with his pencil and book, trying hard to solve Calculus problem. And starting from the Art tutor session that we’ve been having since these past few weeks, he made me feel something different. I tried to ignore those tingling dreamy feelings and focus on the true purposes of those ‘classes’, but of course, it has never been easy.

I am snapped out of my reverie when Baekhyun suddenly calls my name, tilting his head right in front of my face. “Are you okay? Your face is red…”

“What?” I cup my cheeks and feels that my face feels definitely flushed. “Nothing!”

Immediately I turn my back against him and hurriedly approach the counter, leaving Baekhyun who is giggling to himself from behind.

“Ah, I have to buy my favorite chips from here! Wait for me here, okay?”

Inattentively, I nod my head as I am placing stuff that I am buying, one by one at the counter table but immediately stopped by a sudden loud thumping sound from the door.

“Hands on your head!” Two men wearing cap and black face mask that had just barge in are now pointing out their weapon to the cashier.

I couldn’t help myself but to let out a scream due to the shock and so one of them who has a very sharp-bladed knife in his hand turns to me, his eyes are creepily glaring.

“Hands on your head and squat down if you don’t want to die!”

My legs are trembling as I take a step back and slowly try to get myself down as he ordered to, however falls right away to the floor when the other one swing the bat to the counter and shout out of frustration. “Do you want to die? I said just take out all the money that you got!”

And again, my shaking pupils meet the pair of eyes of the one that is still standing right in front of me. “You too, little lady.” He squats down and grab my chin harshly. His eyes trails up and down my body before grinning creepily. “Or do you want to follow us tonight?”

Without even thinking any further, I spit to that face and slides to get away from him – who is obviously raging from the anger for my act towards him – before Baekhyun shouts, “Get down!” out of the blue. Somehow I do as what he told me to and in a flash, a big bottle of water fly over my head and directly hit the robber right on his face. The knife in his hand has also slipped out, slides and loses itself somewhere down the rack.

My body freezes to the floor as I am still in shaking seeing the situation but then a hand reaches for mine, and Baekhyun comes to the sight.

“I’ve secretly called the police. But for now, run!” he whispers while rushes to lead me to the door. That guy softly pushes me out from the store but the moment he is about to escape, a loud thud from behind fills up the space.

“Baekhyun!”

He grunts loudly, holding the back of his head and fall on his knees. The robber with that baseball bat is now having his eyes pinned on me but I don’t care anymore. My tears starts to roll down my cheeks and I shout Baekhyun’s name repeatedly, my hands are on the glass door, eagerly pushing it to get myself inside again. Unbothered by the current situation, I go straight towards Baekhyun who is wincing due to the pain.

“Please…stay awake!” I cry, my mind has lose it worse when I see blood rushes out from him, and I do not even realize that I am about to get hit next until Baekhyun pulls me into his arms and flipped ourselves around immediately.

His eyes has already sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter