twenty-two

What If....
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh dear, I know I keep on updating on the chapters very late now but I'm quite busy and tired these days, and writing this story gets much harder when it is coming to the end (all because I want to do it well, I want to write it well). Still, I'm sorry but also grateful that all of you still waiting for this patiently. I'll work harder from now on! Again, thank you! xo

 

 

22.

 

“Where are you going this early?” Without alerting, Baekhyun grips me by the wrist, pulling my body down crashing to the soft mattress of our bed again. I let out a soft grunt as my mind is still the daze, my eyelids are half-opened as I stare back at him but my lips couldn’t help but to curl a smile as I saw his. Then Baekhyun pulls me closer, letting my face rest on his chest while his arms wrap around my shoulders, his chin rest on the top of my head.

My head feels heavy again and I find it’s hard to keep my eyes open. I could feel his soft breath grazing my hair, his embrace feels warm and cozy on this winter morning. And so I hug back in response, letting myself drown in his love and his warmth.

“I need to cook breakfast, you know?”

He nods slowly, then lands a quick peck on my crown. His voice is coarse and deep, still coated with the sleepiness as he whispers, “Just a little more, not like the kitchen would run away if you’re a little bit late.” Our lazy chuckles unite, and I’m pretty sure that Baekhyun is still having his eyes shut just like myself. “Do you want to go out today? It’s weekend.”

“Aren’t you tired? You looked pale last time you went out with the kids.”

“I did?” Baekhyun asks then hums, “Then what should we do today?”

“Perhaps joining the twins to do some colorings today?”

Baekhyun pulls away and lifts a brow at me with his eyes are wide yet full of doubt. “You used to hate that in school.”

“That was years ago.” I land a fist lightly on Baekhyun’s chest, then playfully tugs the fabric of his tee with my fingers as I look at him. “I learned to do so since they love it so much. Like you do. And that reminds me, that I want to show you Jooie’s drawing. She did a really great job as a five year old kid.”

“Cool, I’m already excited,” he breathes. Baekhyun’s brows furrow for a few seconds, raising the curiosity inside me. “Then I’d use their creativity to assist me on something.”

“For what?”

“The new release for spring, my team is working on toddler’s collection. I’ve reviewed some that they’ve sent through emails and I need your opinion for the rest.”

“You surely is still working hard,” I sigh then turns to him. My hands cup his cheeks as I frown, “Learn to have some rest, will you?”

He mimics the face I’m making, also lands his hands to my cheeks, squeezing them together, “I have a whole company to take care of, don’t you know?” Baekhyun boops my nose then continues, “And please have some rest first instead of telling me to.” We laugh on his blabbering and I let the man proceeding on his plan. “For the colour selection, I’ll let the kids decide.”

I gape at him in disbelief, then immediately gets up sitting with my legs cross as I ask, “What now? You’re letting the twins decide for your company?”

“You’re not underestimating the kids aren’t you?”

“Of course I’m not.” I shake my head off, then go back to lying down but now on Baekhyun’s stomach. “But will that be okay? I mean, this field isn’t some playgrounds…”

I could feel him smiling at my wonders as Baekhyun gently caresses my hair, combing them with his fingers. “Designing needs creativity, my dear. And who does it best? Children.” He then giggles, “Of course I wouldn’t blindly hand that task to them, you silly…”

For being short-minded, Baekhyun punishes with a knock on the forehead using his knuckles so I let out a little scream then pouts as I rub the sore spot on my forehead where it hurts. “I wouldn’t ask if I know.”

“That was too naïve…!” He squints and cluck his tongue jokingly then pulls me into his tight hug. Baekhyun coos all along while keeps pulling away and back to his arms as if I am his big plushy or something. “You should’ve seen your clueless face earlier, you were so cute earlier.”

A grunt escapes my mouth as I struggle to get myself out from his embrace and that reaction makes Baekhyun stares at me, puzzled. His eyes opened wide and blinks a few times, thinking of what he did wrong this time. Then with my arms crossed, I shoot a glare at Baekhyun, “Only on that moment? So now I’m not cute anymore?”

Baekhyun cracks at that unexpected question then suddenly gets up, attacking with a hug all over again but this time, I give in. “Annoying,” he sighs. The man gives his butterfly kisses on my face that feels ticklish, making our soft laughter fill the entire room. His face is very close to my ears when he quietly whispers, “You are annoyingly charming.”

Our distance is very close then slowly, the lips touching each other’s, sharing the morning kiss. Both of Baekhyun and I are drowned in the bliss of sharing the sweet moment together until we heard knocks on our door before Joonie’s and Jooie’s voices follow, “Mommy, we’re hungry…!”

“Oh my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter